• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Space Ages and Great Buildings

nsiebold

When your city reaches the Space Ages, and has Great Buildings in it that produce goods, what do the GBs produce?

Ebeondi Asi

Most Great Buildings (that offer Goods) produce Goods from three Eras back.
In Space Age Mars the GBs that produce goods for you, make Arctic goods.
In Space Age Asteroid Belt they produce Oceanic Goods. etc.

However the Great Buildings that make treasury goods make the Goods of the players current age
And the Space Carrier makes a Special Good from one of the Ages that have Special Goods That the player either is in, or has been in, at random.

Last edited:

Cyrus the Adequate

So, that would seem to tell us that we want to have both SC and SG in place and leveled up before entering any of the space ages.....?

2nd question - do the event buildings produce current goods, or from 2 ages back?

Dursland

If the event buildings are SAM they should make SAM goods - unless they are previous era goods, like from Stage of Ages. Then they would be 1 era behind - Virtual Future goods.

Cyrus the Adequate

If the event buildings are SAM they should make SAM goods - unless they are previous era goods, like from Stage of Ages. Then they would be 1 era behind - Virtual Future goods.
So, once we get to space ages, GB goods have a lot less value than the event buildings which generate goods. That's helpful from a planning perspective.

Sleigh Builders start to look really useful.....

Pericles the Lion

So, once we get to space ages, GB goods have a lot less value than the event buildings which generate goods. That's helpful from a planning perspective.

Sleigh Builders start to look really useful.....
IMO, regular goods producing GBs lose their value long before the Space Ages. Plant the CF and level it up to 58+.....no more worries about goods (or coins or supplies)

Ebeondi Asi

So, that would seem to tell us that we want to have both SC and SG in place and leveled up before entering any of the space ages.....?
I am in SAJM and would never build a Star Gazer. It is easier INO to trade Goods at 1:2 down for the prior Era. (some may like the Star Gazer, up to the player to decide)
As for Space Carrier, You might decide to build it for the Negotiations rewards prior Arctic, but do not level it up much! Sineonehepful thing in Arctic is to level up and double dip Space Carrier to get Special Goods. If you had already leveled it up you miss out on the double dip. And particularly in oceanic. The Space Carrier seems to not get 50/50 Orichalcum Promithium. It oddly give mostly Promithium! Unless you can double dip it, then it does better. So you wat to not level up Space Carrier until on Arctic Era, and then only some. So you can level it up more in oceanic. (if you are not double dipping it. then it doesn't matter to wait to level it up)
Once inSpace Age Mars the Space Carrier seems to give all types of Special Goods rather evenly

for new players: Double Dipping is waiting for the GB to do it's normal 24 hr production, flip that and quickly level it to gain a second production immediately

ringer49

I'm up to Space age astroid belt, I've complete the 1st three tasks. I have an astroid belt colony but I can't seem to build anything but movable abodes.
Why cant I build anything else?

Ironrooster

I'm up to Space age astroid belt, I've complete the 1st three tasks. I have an astroid belt colony but I can't seem to build anything but movable abodes.
Why cant I build anything else?
I have just finished the Space Age Asteroid Belt tech tree. The only building I needed was the movable abodes. I built 47 when I first started SAAB. I did not build the SAAB production buildings because event buildings supply the regular goods I need. Also SAAB production buildings require the special good Asteroid Ice (to produce regular goods) which I need in quantity for the tech tree.

I built 2 other buildings, Deep-Seated Housing and Vault House, only to satisfy the main quest line.

jimakoskx

Soory for interference here...just avoiding create a new post.

Flamingo (or any special building) that is in Space age..(or any after Modern age)

-Does producing goods of player (current) age
or is just like GBs ..producing UN-refined goods?

Sharmon the Impaler

Soory for interference here...just avoiding create a new post.

Flamingo (or any special building) that is in Space age..(or any after Modern age)

-Does producing goods of player (current) age
or is just like GBs ..producing UN-refined goods?
MOST (not all) give the current goods but need to be updated with One Up Kits or Reno kits once you leave the era that you planted it in. Otherwise it will always produce the goods of the era when you planted it.

jimakoskx

Ok..thank you firstly...
I understand the level of the special building.
And ok..lets take example all building (special ) are Modern age...

How i will learn(without the manually -trick to check it when i am collecting)
?
How i will know if lets say Flaming Modern gives Modern goods?

Sharmon the Impaler

Ok..thank you firstly...
I understand the level of the special building.
And ok..lets take example all building (special ) are Modern age...

How i will learn(without the manually -trick to check it when i am collecting)
?
How i will know if lets say Flaming Modern gives Modern goods?
Mouse over it and it will show the era it is in. Event buildings give the goods of the era that they are in. Great Buildings update automatically. (Modern is the cut off for goods bearing GBs.) Note that goods coming from aiding or fighting with GB boosts give the era goods that is stated in the GB description.

jimakoskx

So this will give me Modern era goods?
If thats true...then ..i really learn a new thing today!!!
(i though its like GBs..giving unrefined from Modern on...)

Screenshot_1.png

jimakoskx

Just to understand my ignorance ...see that
purposly i have left some special in Colonial
and some others in Progressive
by the thinking to be full in all unrefined goods(Colonial,Industrial,Progressive) !!!

OK..now i must one-up them all !!!

Screenshot_1.png