• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

SPECIAL EVENT ISSUES

DeletedUser27370

Special Events - like Marilyn Monroe and Galileo - are becoming unrewarding and boring.
The effort necessary to complete the quests is too much and too expensive for the rewards being offered.
Portraits are ridiculous as the ultimate reward.
I have seen many messages that say players won't even bother with these new Events because there is no value in participating.

What is needed is far fewer Special Events - like 2 or 3 per year - but running an event with a good probability of significant gain.
Large Forge Point packages (100, 200, even 500), land Expansions (2, 3, or even more), army Units, and Future Age Goods are all valuable at all Age levels.
Coins and Supplies are valuable only to the lowest Age player. By the time a player reaches Industrial Age or even High or Late Middle Age, it is likely they already have accumulated millions of Coins/Supplies.

Ideally, rewards and prizes should reflect on the Age and/or Ranking of the player to make it relevant to every player.

DeletedUser27184

Special Events - like Marilyn Monroe and Galileo - are becoming unrewarding and boring.
The effort necessary to complete the quests is too much and too expensive for the rewards being offered.
Portraits are ridiculous as the ultimate reward.
I have seen many messages that say players won't even bother with these new Events because there is no value in participating.
The sundial spire (the coming building) is 6 spaces, giving 1FP+ 4DEF (for ME) and some gold. Thats SoK and Watchfire together. Seems like a nice building for the defensive minded players. And it is probably still worth it for the FP alone.

And which quests is too expensive? They are all pretty easy to do....

Fairy Lily

I agree with jobu523. Most quests are easy to do and there is enough notice to plan ahead to make sure you can fulfill the quests. Plus the individual quests give out rewards which are boosted through Chateau which is very very very useful.

I love that each event prize comes with a Special picture. It lets your picture be a bit more unique if others don't complete the event.

Additionally, the big events give out pretty good prizes. The summer event had a lot of premium prizes amongst others. These smaller events are meant to be fun inbetween and enough people do them even if some don't.

I for one will try to complete it!

Freshmeboy

Lord of Panama, in response to your post consider this: These prizes are actually better or equal too what you can gain through your tech tree on a tile for tile basis. This is a free prize for playing. It costs you nothing but your time to complete the quests if you choose. If you don't have the time or don't have the room, then don't play for the prize. These are incentives for new players to continue with the game and added distractions for long term players. All players get the same prize adjusted to their age. Your argument about these events is a consistent theme on this forum: More expansions, over powered buildings, huge fp prizes, etc. This is not a war game. It is a city development game with an emphasis on planning and land acquisition and an element of war and trade. That is your challenge. Fitting the Spire into your city. If you can't do it, it's no loss..because it is not mandatory and the prize is FREE...

DeletedUser29563

I...like I'm sure we all do..pick and choose which events to complete. I had no interest in the rosarium...but will complete the upcoming event to acquire the sundial spire. It will fit nicely in line with my sacred sky watches plus gives a defense boost. I like the fact that Inno gives the players an opportunity at frequent events. Participation is never required..nor is lack of participation detrimental to overall game success.
Now..if a players lack of completion put them at a significant overall disadvantage perhaps I would feel different. But it certainly doesn't. As for the rewards...each event can't reward heaven and earth. It just isn't plausible. This game is not for the " instant gratification" minded player. It's a cross country run, not a 40 yard dash.
However I do respect the opinion of the OP..I just don't agree. I like the option of having a lot of quests to play. If there were only 2 or 3 "big" quests per year...missing out on even one of them WOULD possibly put a player...particularly a new player..at a disadvantage.
Just my opinion..

Fairy Lily

I...like I'm sure we all do..pick and choose which events to complete.

I have to say when I started playing, I missed the first event. It was Halloween 2015 and that was because I did not understand it. Since then I have participated in EVERY single event and completed every one. I don't pick and choose I just go ahead and do them. Even if I do not need the prize right now, maybe later on I would like it. So I participate because who knows? :)

There is no picking and choosing by me LOL

DeletedUser23772

I...like I'm sure we all do..pick and choose which events to complete. I had no interest in the rosarium...but will complete the upcoming event to acquire the sundial spire. It will fit nicely in line with my sacred sky watches plus gives a defense boost. I like the fact that Inno gives the players an opportunity at frequent events. Participation is never required..nor is lack of participation detrimental to overall game success.
Now..if a players lack of completion put them at a significant overall disadvantage perhaps I would feel different. But it certainly doesn't. As for the rewards...each event can't reward heaven and earth. It just isn't plausible. This game is not for the " instant gratification" minded player. It's a cross country run, not a 40 yard dash.
However I do respect the opinion of the OP..I just don't agree. I like the option of having a lot of quests to play. If there were only 2 or 3 "big" quests per year...missing out on even one of them WOULD possibly put a player...particularly a new player..at a disadvantage.
Just my opinion..

Yes i agree full heartedly, i don't know how people think that there is an excuse to complain about this questline to be honest....The prize you get at the end is practically a SOK and watchfire put together with a new skin. Big boost for players just starting out and for more advanced players, still fairly decent. A Lot of alternative quests in this event too, so most people should be able to complete the questline. And, if you are a player with a decked-out SOK city that does need more FP production, you can always chose to skip these events.

DeletedUser29563

I have to say when I started playing, I missed the first event. It was Halloween 2015 and that was because I did not understand it. Since then I have participated in EVERY single event and completed every one. I don't pick and choose I just go ahead and do them. Even if I do not need the prize right now, maybe later on I would like it. So I participate because who knows? :)

There is no picking and choosing by me LOL
Good point....the inventory is there for a reason. Why not fill it up for future use.

DeletedUser

By the time a player reaches Industrial Age or even High or Late Middle Age, it is likely they already have accumulated millions of Coins/Supplies.
Have you played the higher era's yet? It's all relevant, everything costs more. I hate to sound redundant but if you don't like an event then just don't play it. Asking everyone else to play to your game style just sounds selfish to me.

DeletedUser26120

What time does this event start on the 17th?
The official start time is the 18th, so I believe it will start on midnight (night of 17th) but not 100% sure.

Seems they keep switching it around but lately pattern has been midnight to midnight.

If I were you, I would complete the event the day before it ends just to be sure you don't get caught out early.

Fairy Lily

The official start time is the 18th, so I believe it will start on midnight (night of 17th) but not 100% sure.

Seems they keep switching it around but lately pattern has been midnight to midnight.

If I were you, I would complete the event the day before it ends just to be sure you don't get caught out early.

I have never seen them start at midnight. In my experience the events usually begin around around 6AM Mountain Time (8AM EST or 5AM Pacific).

DeletedUser27849

Have to agree with everyone, you have plenty of time to prepare for the events as the spoilers comes out weeks in advance. Only game I have ever played that tells you what it will entail before you even start.

You probably need to take a look at your city and rethink somethings.

DeletedUser29563

Have to agree with everyone, you have plenty of time to prepare for the events as the spoilers comes out weeks in advance. Only game I have ever played that tells you what it will entail before you even start.

You probably need to take a look at your city and rethink somethings.
Agreed