• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spin the Wheel probabilities

Agent327

Your reply is nonsense. You told me how to confirm that the prize was determined before the wheel stopped and that information proved false.

Nice try, but the only one here that is spouting nonsense is you. I never told you how to confirm it. I told you to read the feedback threads of the previous years

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
Please allow us to clarify : The wheel will stop on a prize that is calculated when you start the spin. The spinning itself is an animation, so it makes absolutely no difference where you press stop. I am afraid we will not elaborate any further on the mechanics however (though players are of course free to explore this for themselves!)

Happy gaming folks!

RazorbackPirate

Please allow us to clarify : The wheel will stop on a prize that is calculated when you start the spin. The spinning itself is an animation, so it makes absolutely no difference where you press stop. I am afraid we will not elaborate any further on the mechanics however (though players are of course free to explore this for themselves!)

Happy gaming folks!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Deep breath :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Agent327

The bottom line is that you cannot prove me wrong neither can you prove yourself correct. If anyone is providing players with the illusion that they can exercise control over the wheel - if indeed it is an illusion - it is INNO itself through providing the "Stop" feature and by not awarding the prize until after the wheel stops. Pressing the "Stop" certainly stops the wheel sooner than it would if allowed to run the entire animation. The prize is not awarded until AFTER the wheel stops. The player controls the wheel and you cannot prove that the players action does not influence the outcome. The fact is my results over a small sample size suggest a return that exceeds RNG probability.

How about this?

Happy gaming folks!

What say you now?

Agent327

"We will not elaborate any further on the mechanics however (though players are of course free to explore this for themselves)". I accept this invitation and previously submitted a limited amount of empirical evidence that suggests players' can control the outcome regardless of what a well-intentioned CM says. My observations resulted in adjustments to my gameplay that appear, to me, to have had a positive impact. Positive to the extent that my results exceed those that would be expected through random chance. Accept, or not, I really do not care. Let's agree to disagree and call it a day.

No thank you. I see no reason to agree to disagree when you are totally wrong. For someone that really does not care you sure keep going on.

Agent327

You've gone too far. My most recent post was in direct response to your "What say you now" inquiry. Don't ask a question if you don't want an answer. I can choose to take crap like this from other players (or put them on ignore) but I do not have to take it from a company representative like you. I've read many of your posts and often find you snarky to the point of rudeness. Why INNO has not pulled the plug on you is a mystery to me. Your job title is "Forum Moderator" but your behavior is more commonly inflammatory, not moderating. Let's be clear....I am the customer here and I do not give a damn if you will not agree to disagree. I'm satisfied disagreeing with you, and I do.

I'll close our relationship with one of my favorite quotes. "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

I think you were the first to use the phrase, "What say you now". Sorry if me using it also offended you. Like you, I am a customer as well and next to that a volunteer mod. Being a player sometimes gets the better of me. I am not sharing experience. I am sharing knowledge, so glad to know I am not stupid.

Graviton

"We will not elaborate any further on the mechanics however (though players are of course free to explore this for themselves)". I accept this invitation and previously submitted a limited amount of empirical evidence that suggests players' can control the outcome regardless of what a well-intentioned CM says. My observations resulted in adjustments to my gameplay that appear, to me, to have had a positive impact. Positive to the extent that my results exceed those that would be expected through random chance. Accept, or not, I really do not care. Let's agree to disagree and call it a day.

So it doesn't matter to you what anybody says no matter who they are nor how much experience they have nor how closely they work with Inno itself. Coulda led with that.

Agent327

I don't want to appear rude but is English your primary language? The reason I'm asking is I was not offended by you asking "what say you now". To the contrary, I am offended by your reply to me after I answered your question but can understand if language is somewhat of a barrier here. Allow me the opportunity to offer a piece of advice....you don't get to change hats at will, sometimes being a company representative other times being a player. I assure you, the forum participants see you as an FM and you should acquire some amount of self restraint when communicating with other INNO customers. Just sayin'

No English is not my primary language. Something I have never hidden, so strange you need to ask if you have read so many of my posts. So you are offended by my reply for answering your question. You completely ignored me when I reacted to you I never told you how you could confirm the prize was determined before the wheel stopped. I never said you could see coins added before it stopped. So who should be offended here? Thanks for your advice, but I never change hats. I have one I wear all the time. Posters like to change it.

That's my final say on this subject. Enjoy the game!

Johnny B. Goode

I think they (INNO) should remove the spin (and wheel) completely and replace with get my prize button.

Push button and receive your prize.

Especially since your prize is rewarded before the wheel stops spinning of you even push the stop button. :cool:
Sounds like you've never been to Vegas. Without the spinning wheels and sparkling lights everyone would stay away. (And the slots in Vegas use exactly the same mechanic. Fake spinning to mesmerize the masses.)

Pumbaa the Great

Sounds like you've never been to Vegas. Without the spinning wheels and sparkling lights everyone would stay away. (And the slots in Vegas use exactly the same mechanic. Fake spinning to mesmerize the masses.)
I have been to Vegas. And the sparkling lights and spinning wheels do nothing for me.

Johnny B. Goode

I have been to Vegas. And the sparkling lights and spinning wheels do nothing for me.
Incorrect. They do nothing period. For anyone. They are window dressing in exactly the same way the spinning wheel in this event is window dressing. And if all the window dressing was removed, there wouldn't be enough players left to bother having a game.

iPenguinPat

P.s. Inno has a recent history of making changes without announcing them. Just because the event was one way in the past doesn't 100% mean it's that way now. Pretty sure there was a huge discussion during the last event about how they can change anything, anytime, for any reason, without saying anything to anyone. (Or something like that)

Not saying this event changed. Just pointing out it could have, and we might not know. I'm open to learn something new if someone has compelling evidence to support it.

RazorbackPirate

P.s. Inno has a recent history of making changes without announcing them. Just because the event was one way in the past doesn't 100% mean it's that way now. Pretty sure there was a huge discussion during the last event about how they can change anything, anytime, for any reason, without saying anything to anyone. (Or something like that)

Not saying this event changed. Just pointing out it could have, and we might not know. I'm open to learn something new if someone has compelling evidence to support it.
They have clearly made changes to the sequence of events. The prize is no longer awarded at the beginning of the animation, but at the end. That's clear. In the Spring event, the prize is awarded after the animations of the jump too. Whether they award it before or after makes no difference though, does it?

Especially after a CM came around to clarify the animation make no difference, but sure, they're lying. (Or something like that)

The object lesson being people can convince themselves of anything they want.

Johnny B. Goode

A quote that is so obscure that it can't be Googled? Sorry, you lost me. How about one more recognizable...."You can't teach an old dog new tricks". The object lesson is there will always be people whose experience blinds them from the possibility that their world has changed and made their experience a handicap rather than an asset.
Or people whose viewpoint is so engrained that they refuse to listen even when an Inno employee (yes, CMs are Inno employees) tells them they're wrong. :rolleyes:
I was the one who stated that the animation proves you wrong, and after seeing that they changed the animation this time I posted again and stated that the animation changing didn't necessarily mean that the underlying mechanic had changed. And then later an Inno employee clarified that it was indeed only the animation that had changed. But stay blind to reality if it makes you feel better. Just quit arguing here about it, because it really looks kind of childish. You're wrong, and silly insults about "experience" versus "expertise" don't reflect well on you, especially since you're demonstrating neither.

Algona

A quote that is so obscure that it can't be Googled? Sorry, you lost me.

Agent seems to have cleared that up. But in case you don't get it possibly I made it up or misquoted or misattributed.

But the quote seems wonderfully applicable to you, not?

I mean, you should feel lucky.

You actually got a response from someone at INNO in a non-Feedback non-Bug thread.

That doesn't happen very often. Less then a dozen times in the last five years?

So instead of taking your lumps because you're wrong, you keep arguing your point. Then you go further by PMing me (if you got something to say about something I write, say it here.) and then quoting me.

Yer quite the arsonist-wanna-be trying to set fires all over the forum.

I really do enjoy posters like you.

I'm gonna introduce you to another personas, Algona Sooth Sayer.

If you're still posting in 3 months (doubtful) you'll have figured out that any poster who has been here for years and has thousands of posts know this game.

We can't help it. We read every post, argue incessantly, and when we're wrong have our noses rubbed in the dooky we dropped on the forum.

As you are finding out. Like the smell?

Don't rightly understand why you're mad at me, I'm not the one who is not only refusing to believe the extraordinary rare response from an INNO employee, but going out of thier way to provoke more arguments.

"You can't teach an old dog new tricks". The object lesson is there will always be people whose experience blinds them from the possibility that their world has changed and made their experience a handicap rather than an asset.

Heh. Your premise is that people who played through the changes of adding GE, Arc, GBG, Event refinement, SB power creep, GBG don't understand the game?

OK, teach this dog a new trick.

The only significant change to the game in the last two years is the advent of GBG. GBG treasures combined with ubiquitous lvl 80 Arcs enable rapid city growth.

That rapid city growth became widespread this time last year.

How has that changed the game?

The first half of 2020 I was preparing my Guild for the coming explosion in player capability and laying the groundwork for equitable GBG access in light of ever more players wanting ever more access. What were you doing?

Are there any other aspects of the game that has changed significantly in the last 18 months that will significantly impact how you and your Guild approach the game?

What are you doing now to prepare for them?

----------

In a completely unrelated question, that 1.X thread you use, got any idea when that first gained widespread use? Or how it has changed since then? What are your predictions for how 1.X threads will change in the near and long term?

Anyway, next time you want to bring a quote, try finding one that is, oh, I dunno, relevant?

It's the old dogs inventing new tricks that enable you to have the city you have.

I think if I were gonna throw out any quote about dogs, it;d be something like:

It's the puppies that have to be housebroken.

Last edited:

DevaCat

Just a bit of clarification for anyone actually trying to learn something from all this, and who doesn’t already know: a forum moderator is indeed allowed to “wear two hats” when he’s posting. In addition to doing his job he is allowed to express himself as as player, same as anyone else. Sometimes in a post that distinction between moderator and player might be difficult to see - when in doubt you can always ask which role is being expressed.

You can also contact a community manager about this if you doubt the “expertise” of the author of this post. :p