• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

spiral city layout

DeletedUser26120

The other day in Z someone mentioned a spiral city layout that conserved space. I was curious so I googled it and found one result - which showed someone with a circular road in their city and houses all around it.

This intrigued me so I checked in city planner and it did indeed give me more space, so I reconfigured my city. I gained two 2x2 slots and two more 3x4 spaces. Thought this was quite remarkable for a relatively simple rearrangement. 2x3 or 3x2 buildings can be used for the corners to prevent wasted space.

Has anybody else seen this or used it? Is there an even better way?

aYjQrF0.jpg

DeletedUser29563

@Dursland....I have had one other player suggest this to me...but unfortunately I never tried it because at the time the city in question was L shaped....I won't say his name here because I don't wanna start a riot...but his initials are CR...
Looks good by the way...are your expansions squared off?

DeletedUser31592

Hmm... Maybe I'll try that in my secondary cities. (They are all EMA, IA, or BA.) In my main (PME), I basically have it the other way. Big buildings on the perimeter. But by PME buildings are rarely the same size.

Salsuero

I have found that the best way to maximize space in terms of efficiency is to try to connect as few road pieces to buildings as possible. I don't have a spiral layout, but I have a lot of "barely connected" buildings and that means less road pieces wasting space.

Robbenn

I've been using it in lower eras but as you progress things get more complicated due to the huge variety of buildings of all sizes and shapes.

DeletedUser8428

I'm tempted to do a re-design to see how this works :) I'm always up for tweaks that permit squeezing in ONE MORE THING!

DeletedUser26120

I've been using it in lower eras but as you progress things get more complicated due to the huge variety of buildings of all sizes and shapes.
Housing remains constant, no?

First 2x2, then 3x3s - will test 3x3 in city planner. And by the time the game wants you to build 4x4 housing I'll be hoping to have inno tower at a decent level. In V world I don't have a single residental building and 11k pop available.

Salsuero

The employ live in Farms, the unemploy live in Babel, Capitol, Habitat, and Innovation Tower
i tried to get them all under emploment once when I put in 90 stc :)
http://prntscr.com/hid4xe

I continually marvel at how bored you must be with how you can just tear down your town and try something different. You have reached the point of "I don't give a f**k" in this game. But at least I can revel in one small victory over you... I have more diamonds (all unpaid) than you! Yay!!! :p

DeletedUser27889

The employ live in Farms, the unemploy live in Babel, Capitol, Habitat, and Innovation Tower
i tried to get them all under emploment once when I put in 90 stc :)
http://prntscr.com/hid4xe
Pardon my stupidity.. But what the hell is G? You have 6.9G coins?
Million
Billion
Trillion
Quadrillion

Have you collected so many coin you're up to numbers I've never heard of?