• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spooky Story

• Thread starter DeletedUser21322
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser36777

You are abruptly woke by a loud curdling scream. You quickly rush to the living room to see what the hell is going on. Upon entering the room you see your wife down on her knees with her hands raised to the ceiling, frantically shaking her head. "What is the matter?" you cry out to her. "What the hell is the matter?" She tries but she cannot muster enough voice to answer you, so she just points to the television scream. You look to see that the Democrats took control of the House and Nancy Pelosi is Speaker of the House, once again! You instantly drop to your knees and scream, "NNNNOOOOOOOO!" with every ounce of your being.

DeletedUser30548

With Halloween quickly approaching we would like to hear a scary story. This story must be 350 words or less.Only one entry per person. Please place the world you want to receive your prize in your post as well. The top 3 stories will receive 300 Diamonds.

Get your friends in the game involved. If we have more then 100 entries, 2 more prizes will be added .

Contest ends 10/31/2018 11:59 pm EST

Winners will be chosen at random

Good Luck!!

DeletedUser30548

With Halloween quickly approaching we would like to hear a scary story. This story must be 350 words or less.Only one entry per person. Please place the world you want to receive your prize in your post as well. The top 3 stories will receive 300 Diamonds.

Get your friends in the game involved. If we have more then 100 entries, 2 more prizes will be added .

Good Luck!!

DeletedUser33636

On Halloween night there was a knock knock at the door.

I yelled out, "who's there!!"

A screeching voice answered back, "Boo!"

I cautiously asked,"Boo who?"

"It's just a joke, you don't have to cry about it like you would if someone leveled your Castel del Monte before you could double dip".

I quickly opened my browser and fired up FOE. How could they know I played? I frantically log in, my hands trembling... And then I see it.. A little box hovering over my Castel. I quietly walk towards the door. Still shaking I reach my hand towards the door and slowly turn the handle. I swing the door open...

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

DeletedUser36759

My wife and I were sleeping one night when both of us were awakened by an odd noise. It sounded like someone shuffling their feet, then stopping, then shuffling again, over and over. We argued over who should check it out, decided it was nothing and then tried to go back to sleep. Heard the noise again. What the hell? “You go!” “No, YOU go!”

While we were arguing we heard it again near the foot of our bed. I turned on my phone to use as a light and saw our oldest daughter standing at the end of the bed. She was staring at us with this creepy zombie like expression on her face. Her eyes looked blank and lifeless in the dim light of my cellphone. My wife said "hey baby what's wrong?". She didn't reply or react at all. Chills started to run down my back. "Katie honey, everything ok?". After a long pause she slowly she raised her right hand, revealing what looked like one of our steak knifes. My wife and I turned to each other with a WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON look on our faces. "How do I cut it?" she mumbled. Huh? "How do you cut what honey?" my wife eventually replied. She mumbled something we couldn't understand. We kept talking to her but she kept mumbling nonsense. Finally we realized that she she sleep walking, so we disarmed her and took her back to bed. We tried to go back to sleep but just couldn't stop thinking about what happened. In the morning she had no recollection of the event.

She had a couple of other sleep walking events after that, but nothing so creepy as this one.

DeletedUser36799

Parklog

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181028-215713_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20181028-215713_Facebook.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 12

Amativissimus

Why am I so tired? I've been driving all night, but I'll get there soon. See: there's the sign: JACKSON 31 MILES. Just keep driving....

There's another sign now: JACKSON 31 MILES. Just keep driving.

Why am I so tired? I've been driving all night, but I'll get there soon. See: there's the sign: JACKSON 31 MILES. Just keep driving....

Noarsil

DeletedUser31206

One Halloween Christopher and Donald decided to visit an old abandoned house. When they entered it the lights didn't work so they turned on their flashlights. The wind whistled through the cracks and they heard lots of scary sounds that they found out were a tape recording being played by their best friend Charlie who had overheard them planning to go to the old abandoned house and wanted to try to scare them.

If I win please send reward to Walstrand

DeletedUser33571

In the middle of the night something wakes you out of a sound sleep. You feel next to you and your cat is laying next to your legs. You look at the cat and she is looking up at the ceiling. Of course, you look up to see what she is looking at. Flying around the room is a BAT that has somehow gotten inside the house and cannot get out. You lay there and close your eyes and open them again. The bat is still there flying around the room. You get out of bed, go to the kitchen and get the garbage can, get the bat in the plastic liner of the can and put the can and all on the front porch. In the morning you check and the bat is no longer in the trash can.

Angkor

DeletedUser30548

It was dark but not so dark that Hansel could not see the slippery sidewalk. It had been raining and Hollow Jack had just visited his street. Pace quickens as Hansel's giloushes were slippery when wet. He had to mail a letter and the post office closed at 6 o'clock. What was it that he was mailing. The manilla envelop felt leathery from all the rain. He felt the now stained envelop and he felt something move. He must be dreaming for his wife was sending Halloween cookies to a long lost aunt. He though aloud thinking she must be related to Hollow Jack. He passed the library - a frosty white building and for some reason was cloaked in spider webs.
Just a block to go. A yellow canary cooed at him from a roost on a telephone pole. The package moved. The packaging gave way and out popped a black Maya bird with pumpkin seeds in his mouth. Suddenly, the bird spit at him and the seeds went in his eyes like daggers. Staggering and bleeding, Hansel staggered into the street. A crimson bus with a Maya bird crescent on the hood struck him. Hansel's body was draped in crimson as blood greeted the concrete. Moral - never deliver packages when it is raining.

Brisgard.

DeletedUser35932

Good Luck!!
The night time was the best time. Sitting in a dark room, the only light emanating from my computer screen as I leaned over my keyboard, happily spending forge points that I'd earned during the day. A day spent PVPing and plundering, while laughing maniacally. Sure, there was a message from a guildie that I might think about slowing down some, but it was so much fun.

Suddenly, a notification: You came in first place and have earned two blueprints for your Arc. Sweet! Only, I don't remember contributing to that GB...ah well, faulty memory, I'm sure. Then, another pop up, then another one...before I knew it I had close to 100 BPs! Best Forge night ever! In the background, I heard my old fashioned retro clock click over to midnight. Before my eyes, all my Great Buildings were disappearing, one by one. My heart nearly stopped, and my breath came in snatches.

An email in my inbox: Remember what you did last Halloween!

Griefental

DeletedUser30650

It was a dark and clear night, all the spooks had visited and gotten their candy, as trick-or-treat was done on Sunday before Halloween. You log onto FOE and read some of the silly notices from FOE, and decide to go read the spooky stories. You really enjoy visiting the Forum and reading the stories, and re-read the rules. Oh, you have to post which world you want the diamonds deposited to. You spend an hour or three finding a good story to contribute. But then you realize this must be an April Fools joke, as everyone shares the diamonds between all their worlds. NOooooo!!!
(L world, as if it mattered)

DeletedUser19123

A couple of old school mates and myself had decided to hike along Hadrian’s wall the Roman wall built by the Romans between England and Scotland, It was late Autumn and daylight was fading so David and Neil suggested we call it a day and return to our camp. I wanted to look at the ruin of an old fort just over the ridge, As I crested the ridge the mist came down it was hard to see more than a few metres. I stood still. For a moment everything awas deadly quiet Then silence was broken by a scream and what sounded like a scuffle not far from where I was. I hesitated, and the scream came again I ran towards the sound. Two figures appeared in the gloom A male was trying to grab a young girl. I crabbed a broken branch and swung it at the guy a lucky blow he went down, I asked the girl if she was OK, she just stared at me and turned away

I followed her to a farm house she turned and shouted some words that seemed foreign. I was about to retrace my steps when I was grabbed by 3 tall men in helmets and wearing what appeared to be kilts. The yelled at me in what seemed like a form of Italian They prodded me with their broad sword Their words “occidere eum” reminded me of school Latin My brain whirled They intended to kill me What was the phrase my Latin teacher drilled into me many years ago Ego autem ab nuntio Caesar- I am a messenger from Caesar. I fell to the ground
Dave and Neil found me in the morning. The did not believe my story but explain the 3 swords near where I fell

DeletedUser10707

You go on a trip to a National Park. Stay at a historic hotel and have a great time. You go again, this time with friends, stay at the same hotel and again have a great time. You go a third time, same hotel, by yourself this time but it is raining.

You decide to take a nap since you are tired from the drive and figure the storm will pass. You wake up a few hours later and it still raining and you see streaks of lighting and hear thunder in the distance.

You stay for a day, figuring it has to stop soon. It doesn’t, and you don’t feel like staying if the weather keeps going on like this, the second say passes. The storm rages outside and it looks like it’s going to flood on the third day. You go to talk to a clerk about canceling your stay; no one is at the front desk.

Figuring they are busy, you head towards the dining area, figure you should grab something to eat before leaving, no one is there. Concerned and little peeved that no one is there at the time when lunch should be served. You wander the first floor looking for an employee or manager to talk to.

You check the sweet shop, the gift shop, the small general store, you go upstairs to the baths and massage parlor; no one is there. You don’t even see any other guests you check every floor and find no one. Looking outside the storm is still raging and the thunder sounds closer than before, lightning is flashing by even faster than previously.

You run to the front doors to leave this place, bag and car keys in hand, you feel like you can’t stay here a second longer. You open the doors, and see a water fall. Looking down, a black abyss awaits you, thunder crashes again, this time with voices in it. “Welcome, welcome to the land of nightmares. May your stay be a hahaha…………pleasant one.”

You faint, when you wake, it really was a nightmare.

Brisgard

DeletedUser3279

This is a true story.

When I was a kid, about 8, my family moved to a new house. One of the first things I did was put up a crucifix on the wall in my bedroom. The first night, it fell off its nail. I heard it fall and looked over to see it lying on the ground. I didn't think much of it at first, but then I became inexplicably scared as if someone was watching me. Looking at where the cross used to be on the wall, I thought I saw a shadow of a person standing there and beckoning me over to where the cross lay. It was more of a light silhouette than a shadow, but shadow is the only way I can describe it... I covered my head and went to sleep.

The next morning, I couldn't find the cross. I looked everywhere. I lived in that house 5 years and never found it, but every night I saw the same "shadow" standing in the same place, beckoning me. I never went over to it. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I did.

Eventually my family and I moved out. No one every moved in and our old house stood abandoned for years. One day, on a whim, my dad and I decided to pay the old house a visit. The door was unlocked so I walked in and went up to my old room. There, where it had fallen years before, was my missing cross, broken.

Vingrid

Last edited by a moderator:

crankyinmv

Not my work, so not an entry in the contest.

Blatantly plagiarized from Monty Python:

My heart aches and a drowsy numbness pains
My senses, as though an anteater I'd seen
A nasty long-nosed brute
With furry legs and sticky darting tongue
I seem to feel its cruel jaws
Crunch crunch there go my legs
Snap snap my thorax too
My head's in a twain, there goes my brain
Swallow, swallow, swallow, slurp

DeletedUser10762

A girl sat at her computer playing forge of empires when suddenly her dog starts to bark and scratch at the back sliding glass door. She frowns slightly as she at first ignores him. He barks and scratches some more and she gets curious to see what her dog was freaking out about. As she walks to the back door she slides the curtain back just enough to peek outside. A flash of lightening and she sees a silhouette but unsure of who it was. The dog continues to freak out barking at whomever is hiding outside. The girl checks the lock on her door and goes back to her computer shutting on all the lights in the house and turning on you tube as loud as possible. The dog continues to bark but the girl is not dumb enough to go outside so she continues to play forge of empires on her computer trying to ignore the barking of the dog. Suddenly a loud crash is heard and she sees glass flying. Screaming she picks up her cell phone and takes off out of her apartment heading for the stairwell outside her front door. slamming her door behind her she hurries up the stairs as fast as she can hearing only footsteps thumping behind her. She continues to run till she gets to the fourth floor of her seven floor apartment building. Bursting out the stairwell door she runs to where the elevators are and quickly presses the button to summon the elevator to her. But then something grabs her from behind and she screams at the top of her lungs only to see her next door neighbor Mr. Issac there and then brakes out in a laugh. "Amber I locked myself outside mind letting me in"

Neighbors right? lol

Wont win but yorkton

DeletedUser36869

Good Luck!!
There is only one world I play in, Story: So, the halloween before last at last minute i decided to try to get trick or treaters by dressing up in what i could find around the house, first i grabbed a black pillow case and put over my head, the fancy pillow slip and put that over my head like a gold roped hood, the black robe from the bathroom and a pair of black socks to go over my hands, with the pike hanging over my bed it looked almost like a grim reaper, lol, when i opened the front door the poor kids screamed and ran off the porch, one of them ran all the way down the driveway... lol, guess it worked! :)

DeletedUser36882

Good Luck!!
I was going through my phone looking at old pictures.
Found a bunch of me asleep.
I live alone

DeletedUser36880

You are sleeping, comfortably warm and fully blanketed in your new bed. The night is calm and quiet. It is 12:00.

What is that? A creak. The floorboards have always been loose, and you never had the time to fix them. What's new? What's new is that this is louder, and it's getting closer. The creaks echo through the door that protects you from the cold.

It stops. The chills have come. They run down your spine before the door has even been open. The wall between you and obscurity is broken.

The knob turns. It does so ever so slowly, making you heart pace like it never has. Light and the cold seep through the cracks of the door. The comfort of your bed and blankets is gone now. There is no use.

The door slowly opens. Light now floods the room, blinding your eyes. The comforting warmth has now completely left the room, and you are left with cold skin. There is a man.

You can barely see him. Her. It.

The figure walks to creeps to your bedside slowly, and you still cannot see its face.

Its hand is out. And its long nails, no, claws, rip open.

It slowly pushes its claws into your chest. The claws. Cold. You are defenseless.

You can feel your skin being pierced by the claws. They're making their way straight through your heart, where the literal machine of your body will rip. You read the alarm clock. 12:01. This is when blood will gush out of your fragile heart. This is when you will die.

And you wake up. You look at your alarm clock.

It is 11:59.

- TheFalseSwiss

Status
Not open for further replies.