• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spooky Story

• Thread starter DeletedUser21322
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser21322

With Halloween quickly approaching we would like to hear a scary story. This story must be 350 words or less.Only one entry per person. Please place the world you want to receive your prize in your post as well. The top 3 stories will receive 300 Diamonds.

Get your friends in the game involved. If we have more then 100 entries, 2 more prizes will be added .

Contest ends 10/31/2018 11:59 pm EST

Winners will be chosen at random

Good Luck!!

Praetorius

You normally sleep soundly, but the thunderstorm raging outside is stirring you from your sleep. Trying to ignore the sounds coming from outside, you begin to doze, but another loud crash jolts you awake. The cycle lasts most of the night, the thunder waking you before you can get back to sleep. So you lay there, eyes open and outward, looking at your room stretching out before in the darkness. Your eyes move from nameless object, to nameless object, until you reach your mirror, sitting adjacent to you across the room.

Suddenly a flash of lightning, and the mirror flickers in illumination. For a brief, scant second, the mirror reveals to you dozens of faces, silhouettes within its frame, mouths open and eyes blackened. They stare out at you, their black pupils fixed upon your face.

Then it is done. Are you even sure of what you have seen? Unsettled, you don’t sleep for the rest of the night. The next morning you remove the mirror from your wall and toss it into the trash. It didn’t matter if the vision you had seen was real or not, you wanted to be rid of that mirror. In fact, you scrap every mirror in your house.

Weeks pass and that event of that night falls into passive memory. You are spending the day at a friend’s house and it’s time to use the bathroom. While you are in there the faucet starts to run without you touching it. Taken aback by this, you do not act yet, trying to reason with your paranoia. The water starts to steam up the bathroom and a skin of moisture slowly covers the mirror up above. You watch in horror as words form: “Please… return the mirrors. We miss watching you sleep at night…”

Fel Dranghyr

Last edited:

Arya66

Sharon, a new aid, was working her first overnight in the nursing home. She was nervous because she'd be alone most of the night. She'd heard stories about call bells being triggered in empty rooms and doors opening on their own. She didn't believe them.

Sharon's worry was that someone would pass away, though she knew that in her line of work, death was not uncommon. She had been trained in what to do in the event of a death. She knew about the myths... such as opening a window so the soul could move on.

After her first checks of the night, she looked over the “X-tra Duties” list. First on the list was “pack up room 512.” Mrs. Foster, the former resident of room 512, had passed away three days ago.

Sharon found some empty boxes and began to carefully pack up Mrs. Foster meager possessions. A signal from her pager told her she was needed in room 510, so she shut the door and left the room, leaving the light on.

Returning 10 minutes later, she found the light off. Her biggest surprise was when she flipped on the light. Everything she had packed, was unpacked and returned to their original place! “Very funny”, she thought, “staff from another wing are trying to scare me.” Sharon began to repack, but was called away again. Upon returning, everything was once again unpacked. Now Sharon was mad! She angrily tossed a box into the corner, knocking over a side table and spilling a bottle of perfume. “Great!” she thought. To air out the room, Sharon opened a small window and left the room.

Minutes later, the call bell from that room went off. Sharon couldn't let it ring all night, though she knew the room was empty. When she entered the room, she saw that everything had been packed, she also found that the shower had been turned on. Peering into the bathroom she noticed the mirror...

“Thank you” was written on the foggy mirror. Her eyes turned toward the open window.

{Xyr}

ValkerieAnd

While visiting my mom and sitting outside on steps in the wee hours of the night, I see this little white kitty wobbling down the street. Oh, it's hurt. Here kitty kitty.
It hears me, oh, and it's turning towards me. Poor baby. Here kitty kitty
It turns into her driveway oh, it's so pretty. All white!. Here kitty kitty
Poor baby, wonder if it's hungry - well I don't want to scare it by moving now, it's almost to the walkway. Here kitty kitty
Turning onto the walkway, it must be someone's cat. It's listening to me. About 20 feet now. Here kitty kitty
Wait a sec
That's not a cat
it's not hurt. That's just how it walks.
it's a skunk!
holy crap GO AWAY GO AWAY
I ran inside

Zorskog

DeletedUser36020

The Great Pumpkin: Hamster Edition

The moon peaked from behind the wispy clouds, casting a faint glow upon the cornfield. Standing out like an ancient ruin, the farmhouse cast a long shadow over the desolate rows of corn stalks. Inside, Cookie the hamster slept peacefully in her wood chip bed. Pushing her snout through the pile of bedding, she sniffed inquisitively. There was a strange scent in the brisk autumn breeze.

Stretching, Cookie emerged from her cozy abode. What could it be? She had to find out what it was. She grappled up her water bottle and climbed up and out of her tiny, glass cage.

Cookie quickly scampered across the floor to the rickety door and squeezed under. Her nose ever twitching, she dashed across the dimly lit field. The scent was not much further! She scurried forward til at last something caught her eye. A large, solitary pumpkin sat amidst the sea of corn. This was a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one! She loved a good pumpkin.

Happily she dashed forward and began to gnaw at the pumpkin. Suddenly, it emitted an ominous light. Cookie stumbled backwards in fright- pumpkins are not supposed to glow! Immediately Cookie began to grow. She rose above the small weeds. She shot up past the pumpkin. She even grew beyond the ears of forgotten corn! Just as quickly as it had appeared, the pale light dispersed into the darkness of the night. The pumpkin was gone!

Cookie squeaked in fright, what had happened to her?! Slowly, the humongous hamster made her way back home. She gazed forlornly at her pile of bedding. It would hardly cover a single one of her paws now! Shivering in dismay she made for the expanse of corn, never to be seen by her keeper again.

It is rumored that if you sit in that field on the 31st of October then you will see a dark, furry form sitting amongst the corn, hoping for the odd pumpkin to come again. But alas, the great pumpkin never appears.

Apologies if this is over 350. I read the first post as saying over 350, so i shot way too high and had to trim it down. Anyways, hope whoever reads this enjoys it!
Edit 2: Think i got it under 350

I'm on Qunrir.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29663

True story. In high school I worked for the Round Barn Restuarant, well known among employees as a haunted restuarant. One night while working at the downstairs banquet center a friend and I encountered a smokey cloud drifting down a long 100 ft hallway, so we followed at a distance. As we started closing in about 3/4 the way down the hall, the smokey cloud seemed to bend over then go under the door to the main banquet center.

We stopped and looked at each other then decided to approach the door. After waiting 3-5 seconds we opened the door to see the smokey cloud drifting across the very large banquet floor at high speed only to pass through the wall at the back of the room.

Then some weeks later I was upstairs cleaning the brass rails along our salad bar (buffet) after closing time. Almost finished with the cleanup I hear laughing coming from the wall behind me as if someone was in the kitchen. I walk down the 7 ft hall open the kitchen door and the laughing stops and see nobody in the room. As I return to the salad bar, ice begins splashing against the walls and floor around me. I immediately hop back behind the dividing wall and peak out to see who's there. With ice still flinging around me, I notice the room is empty - nobody is there! I quickly run out into the room and the throwing of ice stops, look around and see no one, look on the floor and see no ice!!

I turn and run downstairs only to find the Manger and the only other employee on site talking in the Mgr's office with no knowledge of what I had experienced. As we left for the night, we turn off all the lights only to see the light in the upper CHapel came back on. The Mgr said it happens every night and tells us of the restuarants haunting.

DeletedUser36537

La llorona or aka the weeping widow. Was a beautiful young lady when she fell in love with a man, They had two kids boy and a girl. The father would come and go and over time the father would pay more attention to the children than his wife. One day the father left and never returned. Time had gone by for the mother and children. One day the mother and children decided to take a walk by the river and as they walked she noticed in the other side of the river was her husband with another woman. The mother was so enraged that before she even knew what she was doing, she had thrown both the children in the river. The mother jumped in after them hoping to find them or die finding them. Legend says that if you walk by the river you can hear the mother crying and if you do, run... for something tragic may follow or worse death.

(Sinerania)

DeletedUser23766

Halloween Night

On Halloween night the spooky man turned out his lights. He sits by the comp, making his fight. Plundering all your cities that night.
Oh what a fright. It's a good thing you didn't take his candy. I know he would have spanked your fanny! Now go find your nanny, before he steal your candy.

Korch

DeletedUser36761

A man is lying in bed drifting into sleep when a noise pulls him back awake he reaches for his nightstand struggling to find his glasses...when something hands them to him.

Walstrand

DeletedUser27137

once upon a midnight hour...

everybody died

the end

Noarsil (the ONLY world to play)

DeletedUser36753

She wandered around the decrepit place she used to call home. She loved this place; an early Victorian home that had character, charm, and beauty. But now, all that's left of it is death, rubble, and dark, depressing memories. She should have never returned, as He is still here. He? Oh, yes, her ex boyfriend. He was your your stereotypical popular jock. His body was built like a temple; with so much care and thought and work put into his body, it would be impossible to knock him down. He had his parted dark mahogany hair, a chiseled jawline that had its sprinkle of hair, and he had his deep devious blue eyes that were reminiscent of the ocean; full of life, and mysterious. His fair skin contrasted well against his maroon Letterman jacket and his navy blue jeans. His personality however, was glossed over by his charming appeal. Nick was a hothead. But, ever since she left him for a multitude of reasons, he just snapped. He wanted her, no, he needed her.

She walked into her parents room, knowing how horrific of an idea that was. She creaked onto the floorboards, and discovered the corpses of them. They were holding each other, not wanting to lose each other just before death. They were amazing parents; caring, loving, and all round good nature. She creaked closer, seeing their burned bodies reaching for each other, reaching for the last bit of love. Suddenly, she trips on a box of destroyed memories and, with the weakened floorboards, fell right onto the ground floor... well not exactly. She landed onto Him.

She woke up to find herself tied up to a tree, surrounded by nothing, besides Him. He looked at her. She was a beauty, with her murky mint eyes shining vibrantly against her pale complexion. She had her platinum blonde hair in a bob cut with her split ends just fraying perfectly. She was perfect to him, but she left him. Unfortunately, this will be their last night together...

Xyr; the best world with the best people

Status
Not open for further replies.