• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Sports Of All Sorts

DeletedUser

How about my Reds? The best record in baseball held by a small market team? :D

DeletedUser

Baseball - Has its fun moments, but overall boring
Basketball - Don't understand the hype
Football - Decent enough, no need to go crazy though
Tennis - Very interesting and enjoyable
Auto racing - Because there's nothing quite as athletic as driving
Golf - Impossibly boring
Soccer - Not as boring as golf, but pretty boring
Hockey - Alright, though most of it isn't
Volleyball - Pretty fun
Cycling - Boring
Horse racing - Boring

Discuss.

DeletedUser

Reds will get passed back by the Nats even when Strasburg is shut down. Least you guys have Votto coming back next week. My tigers are 2 games back in the AL central but they'll be winning more and there's no way the white sox can even stay as hot as they were when they first got Youk. Surprisingly, the AL West looks very threatening and whoever wins that division will probably win the world series.

DeletedUser

Well first of all I am European,and like the most of us I don't think that soccer is boring :)

Baseball-well it is boring,never watched full match in my life
Football-good sport,the best one from America :)
Tennis-watchable
Auto racing-only Formula 1
Golf-yawn
Hockey-I like hockey,it can be really interesting
Volleyball-only woman volleyball ;)
Cycling and Horse racing is really boring,and about horse racing don't really like when someone use animals to compete and then call it sport.

DeletedUser34

I watch NO professional sports except if I see an occasional F1 race, or even a boat race..
I do however watch college football like a vamp :D

DeletedUser

Reds will get passed back by the Nats even when Strasburg is shut down. Least you guys have Votto coming back next week. My tigers are 2 games back in the AL central but they'll be winning more and there's no way the white sox can even stay as hot as they were when they first got Youk. Surprisingly, the AL West looks very threatening and whoever wins that division will probably win the world series.

NOT going to happen. The Reds have pitching (best bullpen), fielding/defense, and EVERYBODY is hitting. I predict we'll be NLC!

DeletedUser

You have Broxton and Chapman who are studs 90% of the time, I'll give you that. But they do lack hitting depth with Stubs, Rolen, Cozart all hitting under .250 (And Jay Bruce is close to that, but he has good numbers outside of that) Thats 5 of your 9 (If including pitcher and Bruce) who are only hitting 1/4 and that puts them in the lower have of OBP. First round at out at best.

DeletedUser

You have Broxton and Chapman who are studs 90% of the time, I'll give you that. But they do lack hitting depth with Stubs, Rolen, Cozart all hitting under .250 (And Jay Bruce is close to that, but he has good numbers outside of that) Thats 5 of your 9 (If including pitcher and Bruce) who are only hitting 1/4 and that puts them in the lower have of OBP. First round at out at best.

We'll see where things stand on Monday after the series with Pittsburg...

DeletedUser

Yea, if you beat them then your a little better off, also more secure in your division.

DeletedUser

Horse racing - Boring

Discuss.

Granted watching Horse racing on tv is just as boring as tv golf. All the build up for a horse race like the KY Derby and it is over in 2 minutes.
But have you ever been to a horse race and stand next to the rail of the track near the finish line?!? Then horse racing is fun and exciting.
As for betting on horse races I might do an official bet maybe once per race, but typically my girlfriend and I will bet a few dollars amongst ourselves. Money doesn't go to the house that way.

Speaking of betting you left off Boxing. I would never go see boxing in person since main title fights can sometimes be over in 1 round, but watching on TV is fun.