1. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Spring Event 2018 Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcement Feedback' started by Panacea, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Panacea

Panacea FOE Team Community Manager

We wish you a lot of fun at the Cherry Blossom Festival!

Let us know what you think in this thread. If you have any questions, you will be able to ask them directly to our game designers during a Q&A session that will take place on our international Facebook page on Tuesday (April 3rd) at 5:30 PM CEST. See you there! :)

Thank you!

Happy Spring!
    Your Forge of Empires Team

READ ANNOUNCEMENT HERE

2. C00KIEGUY23145

C00KIEGUY23145 Active Member

Can't wait for this event, already loving it on beta, but pls not so many quests next time, keep it around 50

3. LordLupin

LordLupin New Member

a lot of complain at Beta about this event..
    the daily special chance is too low.. this year 20% daily special chance with trash more than 20%..
    last year 25% of daily special chance with trash less than 25%..

I don't understand why you make this event worse and less of fun? and I thought Inno is listening to players.. but now what?

Aprold likes this.
  4. Oldtyme72

Oldtyme72 Member

As LordLupin stated: while the events idea was awesome, the chance to actually win all 5 upgrades was pretty hard.
    While the event is still not over in beta I am still missing 2 upgrade kits & have spent around 1500 diamonds on extra tries.
    Unless your Inno Luck game is strong I wouldn't even count on winning a complete set :rolleyes:

5. Alvadora

Alvadora Active Member

I followed the discussion on beta as well. To me, lower chances of getting a full prize is not that relevant. With getting the pieces at daily, you can still get them there. I only miss one piece in my city that started after the Spring event last year, only through dailies. Also, I don't strive for upgrading all of them, only the ones with fp and attack/defense bonus. I don't care about the happiness and rest that much.

Having said that, I am no fan of percentage based games, too much randomness, luck, and less skill.

FelliAngel likes this.
  6. EnchantedKing2016

EnchantedKing2016 Member

nice to have the event back!! i love it last year.
    what happed to kai?
    Kurt not sure why anyone started with the nose rings but they are gross!
    looks like you have a gold bugger hanging out of your nose! please removed it..
    thank you!
    happy spring!!

7. lemur

lemur Well-Known Member

I will be completely ignoring this event.

8. b199gann

b199gann New Member

Where can i find the lists of quests?

9. Ozyman Tremble Weaklings

Ozyman Tremble Weaklings Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    East Nagash, Fel Dranghyr, Walstrand, Xyr, Yorkton
    FelliAngel and Kickle like this.
  10. Ozyman Tremble Weaklings

Worlds:
    Something I noticed this morning that is strange. 5 worlds, 2 showing the same amount of cherry blossoms (50) that weren't created until after the event last year. 3 cities with different amount of cherry blossoms that were around for the event last year. Does the event remember how many cherry blossoms we had remaining at the end of last year still?
    Y (new since last Spring Event):
    Y - Spring.JPG
    X (was around last Spring Event):
    X - Spring.JPG
    W (was around last Spring Event):
    W - Spring.JPG
    F (was around last Spring Event):
    F - Spring.JPG
    E (new since last Spring Event):
    E - Spring.JPG

ForGotten3, Zatrikon and Algona like this.
  11. JCera

JCera Well-Known Member

Crazy! I just went into my main- which is the only city that was around last spring- and I only have 4! The others show 50.

12. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Nice pickup, Ozyman. 2 Lanterns in my main, 50 in my startup.

Does tie in with an idea I had about Incidents. Give away Event currnecy.

intentional? Or a mistake? Gird your loins my brothers and sisters for an outcry from those players believing themselves greviously wronged...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  13. Ozyman Tremble Weaklings

Worlds:
    I've had my city for over a year and during that time I've accumulated most of the important things that I already want, but now going into this event I've got a -12 cherry blossom disadvantage?!?! I'll probably get all of those back within the first 5 minutes from random cherry blossoms in the wilderness, but this is unforgivable!

14. cat111

cat111 New Member

I really thing it should be easier quests or better change. I agree with Alvadora about the less about skill. love the spring event but the percentages are outrageous and there aren't even one story pagodas. I'll probably go fairly far in the event but not totally destroy my city trying to find coins for fps or destroy my army plundering goods for the event.

15. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

I don't know that I'll completely ignore it, but I won't go out of my way for any of it. We agree on something at last. :)

ForGotten3 likes this.
  16. Zatrikon

Zatrikon Active Member

I noticed this as well and came here to ask about it. 19 lanterns in my main city, and 26 in my second. Am I not eligible for the 50?

I was unable to complete the set in my second city last time. And with the daily quests, I've acquired several duplicates - but not of the one I still need. I've got three extra Sakura Rocks. What the heck am I supposed to do with these?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  17. darthhenning

darthhenning Well-Known Member

50 on my new world 17 on my main.

Seems like its tied to the remainder from last year's event, though I'm surprised they kept that information logged.

18. JCera

JCera Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings about carrying over from year to year. If you could trust them not to change their minds, you could save everything up for the following year. But since things have never carried over, it is a bit unfair to start without a warning. Take the Carnival Event- I spent ever florin I could. In the last few hours, coins were the item to purchase, so since I didn't have enough for anything else, I used all my remaining florins on coins. I never would have done that if they were going to carry over to the next year. I didn't NEED coins. It was just the only option I had rather than losing them.

19. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Random thought...

Folk have been talking about what o do with all the new Special Buildings for years.

Leveling the set does seem like an elegant answer to that.

New players get to chase the set, old players can level the set or chase new ones.

rock1951, darthhenning and Arya66 like this.
  20. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

And the smart ones will ignore most sets altogether. :)