• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser31440

So the Grand prize isn't offered in the chests I guess? Any idea the odds of SoK and cost if one were to try their luck, vs paying the 250 outright?

You're mixing up the grand prize for the daily prize.

DeletedUser30312

Link to last year's event topic:

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...t-the-cherry-blossom-festival-feedback.17163/

I missed the Emperor's Entrance last year, which sucked, but it's the first milestone prize this year, so my set will be completed. I also missed it in my Wishing Well farm over on Parkog, but I got it out of the DC the other day, finishing up the set on that city just in time for the event. Speaking of the DC, you guys should finish up your Challenger Chests before starting in on Quest 4 and then leave the DCs dormant until you're done with the Spring Quests, so the DC won't burn through the map sectors you'll have to open for the event. Also, how is this going to affect the Cherry Blossom chest in the DC? Will it continue to provide level 1 set pieces, or will it produce set kits instead?

So do we have the same general strategy for this year, i.e., go for the biggest of the three chests for the best chance to win the set kits?

Edit: Apparently not. Looks like the chests are more akin to the Forge Bowl coolers.

Ironically, I aged up my main city today just so I could save some kits and take advantage of the 'free' upgrade.

That's a good idea. I saved up the last two of the Pillar upgrades from Forge Bowl because I knew I'd be heading to Indy shortly. Then instead of blowing a 1 up kit, I just use the upgrades. Might save that last one for PE, but I haven't decided.

However, my long term plans are to keep the Zen Zone 1 age behind to generate goods for GE negotiations. Sakura Rock and Nishikigoi Pond's combat bonuses don't increase with age though, so it's okay to have them at whatever age unless you're somehow worried about their happiness (build GBs instead, I say!).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32702

When i move the cursor to the spring event a tool tip says that I can get lanterns in the town hall, but I can not find anywhere in the town hall to get them.2018-03-28_11-27-20.jpg

Jase249

There is such a deal on now.

Yup, just logged in to that pleasant surprise. I got my wish, Inno got a slice out of my tax refund that just came through yesterday, I gave myself an early birthday present; perfect confluence of events and everybody's happy!

And yes I do realize the above litany is an attempt to justify my FoE-addiction to myself, but I've made my peace with that.

DeletedUser25565

17 attempts at the big chest and 2 medium chests = 0 upgrades and 0 useful items. This is the biggest pile of crap event to date. Like I needed more champs , mass supply boosts and watchfires.

Inno, take your idiotic random events and choke on them.

DeletedUser31440

17 attempts at the big chest and 2 medium chests = 0 upgrades and 0 useful items. This is the biggest pile of crap event to date. Like I needed more champs , mass supply boosts and watchfires.

Inno, take your idiotic random events and choke on them.

4 hours into a 23 day event and you can already tell it's the worst event ever put on by Inno? How much do you charge for your readings of the future?

DeletedUser25565

4 hours into a 23 day event and you can already tell it's the worst event ever put on by Inno? How much do you charge for your readings of the future?

The randomness is the problem. I’ve alreasy done 20 some quests so the total amount of lanterns left is quite small given that I’d need 5 pieces to upgrade my entire set. In some of the past events you could buy the daily outright or even get it as a grand prize, not so with this event. Relying on pure luck is a pretty lousy way to run an event. But I get that Inno is trying to scrounge up more revenue seeing as they are adding ads to the game and ran out of original ideas with the first part of Oceanic Future. I suspect most, if not all, future events will rely more on random odds with little or no way to get the rewards otherwise. This would tend to drive more players to buy diamonds to open more chests to complete their sets.

DeletedUser31440

The randomness is the problem. I’ve alreasy done 20 some quests so the total amount of lanterns left is quite small given that I’d need 5 pieces to upgrade my entire set. In some of the past events you could buy the daily outright or even get it as a grand prize, not so with this event. Relying on pure luck is a pretty lousy way to run an event. But I get that Inno is trying to scrounge up more revenue seeing as they are adding ads to the game and ran out of original ideas with the first part of Oceanic Future. I suspect most, if not all, future events will rely more on random odds with little or no way to get the rewards otherwise. This would tend to drive more players to buy diamonds to open more chests to complete their sets.

I don't remember last year's event well enough to say if you could buy the grand prizes outright, but I would be hesitant to believe that they would make all future events purely luck based and not let players buy the prizes outright. When you have people that buy 20+ SoK's during an event outright that kind of diamond spending seems like it would be too great for Inno to throw away.

DeletedUser27046

Sakura Rock and Nishikigoi Pond's combat bonuses don't increase with age though
You are correct that the combat bonuses don't increase with age, except for this event, the upgrades for them doe's increase the combat bonus on them, just raised my pond from 5 to 12 defense, now I'll keep my fingers crossed for the Sakura upgrade.

DeletedUser27046

Had over 400 lanterns, used all that I could and not one upgrade kit,,,,brotherrrrr.:mad:
Guess I'll take my partial set off the board. Insert cuss words here, and before,during and after writing this.

Zatrikon

I really like that they're giving "kits" and not just the buildings. So you can get an upgrade, rather than another level 1 of the same building you already have. Thanks to the Daily Challenge, I now have 4 Sakura Rocks, but still no Nishikigoi Pond in one world.

DeletedUser11944

I would like to thank Inno yet again,Another fine event done in the middle....(Three Sectors no Fight) You have got to be kidding me?Is this a fighting game? A Neg. game or just another money grab? Is there is a way to not get the event pop up crap and just play the darn game? NO, Inno can't make BOAT LOADS of cash that way

MisterB

What a useless joke this event is, the buildings were supposedly upgrades to the original if you already had them instead the first building is a useless level 1 duplicate.

Algona

Whipped through 20 ish Quests on my startup.

Noticed a tree in the upper right corner.

Click the tree, 3 lanterns... OK. Another tree appears on the same spot. Collect, another tree appears, About a dozen I finally get it.

It was fun times collecting 50 or so Lanterns by clicking.

Rambling through the Quests I forgot to open the 50 lantern after Quest 14. I wonder if I'll get a chance to open that later?

Not doing the Event im main, 500 or so Lanterns in startup. Waiting for some 4 hour productions then off to the races again.

Nothing quite like meshing DCs, GE, RQs, story Quests, Side Quests, and an Event. So many odd combinations of prizes feeding other Quests, so many opportunities missed.

Interesting. Fun? I giess.