• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2018 Feedback

Graviton

Threre are only 27 days left in the spring event!!!!! Catch your breath and just play the game, and relax.

On the bright side, the last few are a tad bit better than griping about it before it even started. At least they waited for a whopping 3.5714% of the total Event! Which, if you squint, looks like pi. Let's all have some pie.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34775

Sorry if this s not the correct place. I am new to FoE and this forum. I have an extra Nishikigoi Pond Kit in inventory. I already upgraded to level 2. Is the extra kit of an value/use? Thank you.

DeletedUser34776

How does the upgrade work? I have a piece that I have on the board... but it is not letting me upgrade it with the one I won. It is the emperies entrance. I have gotten other pieces in the past that I cant upgrade and this was something I was exited about, but now it is not working. I don't worth winning if I cant upgrade the piece because I keep getting things I already have.

I have two Maypolls...on in play and one in inventory. Would be nice to have the chance to upgrade the one I am playing with.

Which is why I was happy for the chance to get the upgrade.

DeletedUser29623

Sorry if this s not the correct place. I am new to FoE and this forum. I have an extra Nishikigoi Pond Kit in inventory. I already upgraded to level 2. Is the extra kit of an value/use? Thank you.

No. It can’t be upgraded past level 2. If you already have the piece at level 2, STOP OPENING CHESTS until the special prize changes to a kit for a piece you don’t have yet.

DeletedUser25166

Suggestions for new quests:

Gain x amount of medals
Win 3 battles without losing a troop
Defeat x amount of Fast units
Motivate a certain building
Plunder x Goods

— instead I deal with production after production quests. It gets old, especially when my city is geared for fighting(44,300 fights) and I am not tearing it down for FE blacksmiths

DeletedUser29623

I’ve climbed that bridge in San Francisco, and it has raised wooden ridges that cross the width at regular intervals, just high enough to support your feet. They’re not stairs if by “stairs” you mean steps that have a horizontal surface, and they’re not easy to climb because they’re so far apart, but you can cross it. What look like planks in this little in-game illustration are probably supposed to be those stairs/ ridges.

The SF bridge again: https://goo.gl/images/FjKpRQ

DeletedUser31440

I’ve climbed that bridge in San Francisco, and it has raised wooden ridges that cross the width at regular intervals, just high enough to support your feet. They’re not stairs if by “stairs” you mean steps that have a horizontal surface, and they’re not easy to climb because they’re so far apart, but you can cross it. What look like planks in this little in-game illustration are probably supposed to be those stairs/ ridges.

The SF bridge again: https://goo.gl/images/FjKpRQ

That one looks much more believable as a comparison than the one with actual stairs.

DeletedUser30312

You are correct that the combat bonuses don't increase with age, except for this event, the upgrades for them doe's increase the combat bonus on them, just raised my pond from 5 to 12 defense, now I'll keep my fingers crossed for the Sakura upgrade.

Of course you want to use the specific upgrade kits on them. My point was that one shouldn't waste 1 ups or Renos on them to increase their age, since their value is in the combat bonus and powering up the rest of the set, not the happiness which is all that goes up with age.

DeletedUser29623

iirc, getting up the one in San Francisco is less of an issue than crossing the top, where the ridges seem expressly designed to trip you (maybe made for people with shorter legs/stride) and especially going down the other side, which you have to do sideways and holding the railing if you don't want to lose your footing and topple forward. Again, their function seems more ornamental than practical.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31498

So should I be aiming to get the three buildings not offered as rewards for completing the quests? Or is it possible to get more than one set without spending too many diamonds?

DeletedUser31882

I was all gung-ho to do this event on my main (SOK!)and secondary worlds(WWs...maybe?), but now I'm thinking of taking it easy and just drifting the quests on my main and skimming the daily lanterns on my secondaries.

After looking at the quests required(Sectors especially), the amount of time I burned the first day of the event(Didn't get some work done I should have) and the guaranteed prizes(No '100%' upgrades), I've lost the motivation to keep my nose to the grindstone.

I lose a province in my worlds due to quest number 4 and my recklessness. Oh well. At least the event is pretty.

DeletedUser27046

My point was that one shouldn't waste 1 ups or Renos on them to increase their age, since their value is in the combat bonus and powering up the rest of the set, not the happiness which is all that goes up with age.
U R correct again. :)

Zatrikon

It looks like they changed the way upgrades work in general. I wasn't able to put down my Grand Bridge from the earlier event until now. And when I upgraded it, it upgraded in place, instead of going back into my inventory each time.

The bad news is, the additional happiness from the upgrades was not credited to a Happiness quest I had. The quest shows that I've gained about 4500 happiness, even though the Grand Bridge that I have now gives over 5600.

Graviton

Is it just my failing memory or did the Campaign map quests used to be in a 'proper' order? I'd get one to scout first, then to take a sector or sectors, then the last one was to gain a province. The last couple of these Events I've had 'gain a sector' quest first, then scouting.

DeletedUser

Is it just my failing memory or did the Campaign map quests used to be in a 'proper' order? I'd get one to scout first, then to take a sector or sectors, then the last one was to gain a province. The last couple of these Events I've had 'gain a sector' quest first, then scouting.
My memory tells me that for as long as I've been on the Forum, people have been complaining about the order of the scout/sector/province event quests, so they may have never been in "proper" order.

DeletedUser30312

It looks like they changed the way upgrades work in general. I wasn't able to put down my Grand Bridge from the earlier event until now. And when I upgraded it, it upgraded in place, instead of going back into my inventory each time.

The bad news is, the additional happiness from the upgrades was not credited to a Happiness quest I had. The quest shows that I've gained about 4500 happiness, even though the Grand Bridge that I have now gives over 5600.

Yes, it works the same way on the Pillar of Heroes, I installed on on my Wishing Well farm the other day and used my upgrades on it. It's so the set pieces don't get the timers messed up when you upgrade them.

And I find "out of order" map quests to be annoying. When you have no open sectors, and you have to infiltrate or capture sectors, you first have to scout a fresh province to open the sectors in the first place. Then if you get another quest to scout later, you need to scout a second province. It's very annoying when you're trying to be careful about progressing too quickly on the map.