• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser31440

And I find "out of order" map quests to be annoying. When you have no open sectors, and you have to infiltrate or capture sectors, you first have to scout a fresh province to open the sectors in the first place. Then if you get another quest to scout later, you need to scout a second province. It's very annoying when you're trying to be careful about progressing too quickly on the map.

It's almost like Inno is ordering them in a way to try and get players to advance, but that would just be crazy.

DeletedUser29055

That one looks much more believable as a comparison than the one with actual stairs.
I saw the one from SF, too. But I selected the one because the planks/construction under the bridge look similar. The bridge is exactly from the side, so, it is not possible to see if there are supposed to be stairs or simply these planks.

DeletedUser34781

Must admit i was quite happy with the new special event till i tried to get the daily special stuff... i don't know how many chests i have opened so far but bought lanterns 3 times with about 2000 diamonds each time and still cannot get this special product... very disappointing all in all... wondering if it's worth going on... Venice was much better...

DeletedUser34782

Could have been a worth while event, however, a 20% chance to get the only decent item on the list is like a 0% chance. This is a money grab, pure and simple. Sick of these "events" where you have to pull the CC out to get mediocre stuff.

DeletedUser34588

I've spent around 500 lanterns of the 1.2k nonbuyers can get. Guess what I get? Nothing worth even looking at. This event is a money grab, forcing everyone to buy diamonds in order to even get not even a whole set. Disappointed.

DeletedUser27046

So I guess Inno is reading wikia also, with wikia ya used to be able to get a jump on some of the quests, q 23 said to do ten 4 hr productions and then when it actually gets here it says to do 12, ahhh well, from what I just read, (above) guess it could be worse. In the thread about the last change log, some were mentioning that it seemed to be a "on purpose" slow down of the game, which upon doing more things and especially the GE, it really did put out a fair amount of lag. And now this, don't know to be more disappointed with wikia not getting it right anymore or that Inno changes it after beta testing, am guessing that is where wkiia gets there info. Used to tell how many coins or what ever, but now it just says "many coins" or "many goods" , so I guess they want us to hurry up and slow down.:confused: Hurry up on the map and slow down on everything else.

DeletedUser31592

So I guess Inno is reading wikia also, with wikia ya used to be able to get a jump on some of the quests, q 23 said to do ten 4 hr productions and then when it actually gets here it says to do 12, ahhh well, from what I just read, (above) guess it could be worse. In the thread about the last change log, some were mentioning that it seemed to be a "on purpose" slow down of the game, which upon doing more things and especially the GE, it really did put out a fair amount of lag. And now this, don't know to be more disappointed with wikia not getting it right anymore or that Inno changes it after beta testing, am guessing that is where wkiia gets there info. Used to tell how many coins or what ever, but now it just says "many coins" or "many goods" , so I guess they want us to hurry up and slow down.:confused: Hurry up on the map and slow down on everything else.

The info on the Wiki is from the Beta version. It often changes between Beta and live- that is the whole point of Beta. I believe there is even a disclaimer.

As for the "some FPs", "some coins", "some goods", it is worded like that because Inno has made the amount you spend dependent on the age you are in. Helps out the lower ages, harder for the later ages, and those in the middle are about the same.

DeletedUser25565

I've spent around 500 lanterns of the 1.2k nonbuyers can get. Guess what I get? Nothing worth even looking at. This event is a money grab, forcing everyone to buy diamonds in order to even get not even a whole set. Disappointed.

21 large chests and 2 medium chests opened so far, 0 kits. Just for spite I took my 8 new champs (OF champs are worthless) and sacrificed them on the GvG map. The finish supply production rewards are worthless crap as well. I have 500 million or something, why do I need more? TFs don't require supplies to make goods.

As I said earlier, by far the worst event I've seen in the roughly 3 years I've played. Got 1 SoK as a grand prize, at least I'm not spending any diamonds on this crap event.

DeletedUser26120

"Does anybody know how frequently free lantern trees spawn?

I know you get one for opening a chest, one for completing a quest, but some seem to appear at regular intervals?"

asked by a guildmate.

DeletedUser27889

"Does anybody know how frequently free lantern trees spawn?

I know you get one for opening a chest, one for completing a quest, but some seem to appear at regular intervals?"

asked by a guildmate.
First login of the day I believe is also a condition.

I skipped this over on beta and don't know if I'll bother here. The change up to an SoK was a nice touch but I don't understand why they are giving set pieces instead of the set piece kits for the quest line. I hadn't prepped much ahead so seeing quest #3 was to conquer meant within the first 15 minute of the event I need to stop playing it for 2 days to wait for a scout. I'm not wasting diamonds rushing for this event.

Nothing other than the pieces are available in the chests as far as main prizes go so pick and chose the one or 2 worth upgrading and skip the rest of the event. This is no where near as interesting as last year.

DeletedUser27889

When your Town Hall is ready to collect (the coins), you should get the laterns, too.
This was changed awhile back, I believe around the time of the new quest windows. Things like lanterns used to come from town hall but would constantly be in flux due to individuals collection times, some people missing out on the final days if they were late prior.

Instead it was changed to be collected from the quest giver window itself at server time midnight so that it remained constant for everyone and ran independent of your collections/collection cycle. One of the better recent changed IMHO.

Algona

I see they have the Foeberge avaialable. Nice homage to the Easter Events.

ust bragging... In my Col city completed the first Questline today. First in my guild, friends, hood to don the ninja uniform.

Already had Pond and Zone from DCs. Decided to grab he Gong Kit today. 5 Shots, hit it. Algona's Dumb Luck! I'll save that to upgrade the Gong I'll win when I finish the second Questline. Can i find a Rock with the remaining 722 + 380 + whatever random trees? Maybe get an upgrade for Entrance? Should I go for Zone or Rock upgrade? And of course that SoK... What other groovy prizes are out there?

Greedy? Who, me?

Last edited:

DeletedUser26965

The change up to an SoK was a nice touch
Not nice for some players like me looking forward to WW being there, now none of my cities will get a WW, last year they got 59.

Could have been a worth while event, however, a 20% chance to get the only decent item on the list is like a 0% chance. This is a money grab, pure and simple. Sick of these "events" where you have to pull the CC out to get mediocre stuff.
Worthwhile is relative and last year it was a whopping 5% more and 20% is not 0% it's 20%. Saying an event is a "money grab" is stating the obvious, of course Events generate revenue, they in fact generate more revenue than normal game play and is how IG supports the development of the free game you are playing.

Regardless, my results on Beta I got the 3 pieces opening 23 big chests, about 1450 lanterns spent so 13% for me. Then today I got one upgrade opening a few more chests so I'm probably around 16%. Last year just playing normal I managed to get the set on live as well.

Since the inception of Daily Challenges it was fairly obvious Events would get nerfed a bit since now you have chances all year round to get Special Buildings but most players looking to get the event buildings can still do so. There will be some small percentage of players who won't manage to get the 3 pieces from chest in order to complete the set but that's just simple statistics for ya and IG never made a guarantee to anyone they will always get everything from every event.

DeletedUser27046

The info on the Wiki is from the Beta version. It often changes between Beta and live- that is the whole point of Beta. I believe there is even a disclaimer.

Eh,, from what I understand, beta is for working out bug's and such, not change a quest from doing 10 4 hour productions to 12 4 hour ones.

As for the "some FPs", "some coins", "some goods", it is worded like that because Inno has made the amount you spend dependent on the age you are in. Helps out the lower ages, harder for the later ages, and those in the middle are about the same.

LOL,,, guess you haven't gotten to quest 30 yet,, it's "some" this or that up until then, then it starts with "many" goods or coins. I haven't read or studied it any further than that yet, but now I won't be AS surprised when it changes again,,,:) Well, I just read it again, q 30 says many fp's and some goods, q 32 has donate many in it, so I guess they are like little puzzles, if you don't read it right you can build something that costs a lot more than if you had understood it correctly that it didn't need to be whatever from your age. But, whats the dif between some and many ? couple hundred thou ??? lol

Spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 mil of coin and two hundred thou of supplies and haven't even gotten to quest 30 yet. Waitin on the scout don't cha know.:cool:

Freshmeboy

No...they have made certain it won't interrupt collection times even if upgraded before collecting....Good thing too....

DeletedUser29623

I bumped up against the sector-acquisition quest, No. 27, which I can’t do without losing my second recurring quest slot in CA. I might just wait until I level up the last couple of GBs that need to go to level 10 and then continue, though. I am getting a little tired of CA, and I have all the GBs I want except for some of the crazy Arctic ones that are pretty optional for me at the mo.

DeletedUser31440

Went for gong upgrade on 3 worlds, got it on all 3, took 4, 3 & 4 tries. Not seeing anything wrong with this event from over here.