• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

We wish you a lot of fun at the Cherry Blossom Festival!

Let us know what you think in this thread. If you have any questions, you will be able to ask them directly to our game designers during a Q&A session that will take place on our international Facebook page on Tuesday (April 3rd) at 5:30 PM CEST. See you there! :)

Thank you!

Happy Spring!
Your Forge of Empires Team

READ ANNOUNCEMENT HERE

DeletedUser32397

Can't wait for this event, already loving it on beta, but pls not so many quests next time, keep it around 50

LordLupin

a lot of complain at Beta about this event..
the daily special chance is too low.. this year 20% daily special chance with trash more than 20%..
last year 25% of daily special chance with trash less than 25%..

I don't understand why you make this event worse and less of fun? and I thought Inno is listening to players.. but now what?

OldTyme72

As LordLupin stated: while the events idea was awesome, the chance to actually win all 5 upgrades was pretty hard.
While the event is still not over in beta I am still missing 2 upgrade kits & have spent around 1500 diamonds on extra tries.
Unless your Inno Luck game is strong I wouldn't even count on winning a complete set :rolleyes:

DeletedUser29055

I followed the discussion on beta as well. To me, lower chances of getting a full prize is not that relevant. With getting the pieces at daily, you can still get them there. I only miss one piece in my city that started after the Spring event last year, only through dailies. Also, I don't strive for upgrading all of them, only the ones with fp and attack/defense bonus. I don't care about the happiness and rest that much.

Having said that, I am no fan of percentage based games, too much randomness, luck, and less skill.

DeletedUser26656

nice to have the event back!! i love it last year.
what happed to kai?
Kurt not sure why anyone started with the nose rings but they are gross!
looks like you have a gold bugger hanging out of your nose! please removed it..
thank you!
happy spring!!

DeletedUser31440

Something I noticed this morning that is strange. 5 worlds, 2 showing the same amount of cherry blossoms (50) that weren't created until after the event last year. 3 cities with different amount of cherry blossoms that were around for the event last year. Does the event remember how many cherry blossoms we had remaining at the end of last year still?
Y (new since last Spring Event):
Y - Spring.JPG
X (was around last Spring Event):
X - Spring.JPG
W (was around last Spring Event):
W - Spring.JPG
F (was around last Spring Event):
F - Spring.JPG
E (new since last Spring Event):
E - Spring.JPG

DeletedUser31592

Something I noticed this morning that is strange. 5 worlds, 2 showing the same amount of cherry blossoms (50) that weren't created until after the event last year. 3 cities with different amount of cherry blossoms that were around for the event last year. Does the event remember how many cherry blossoms we had remaining at the end of last year still?
Y (new since last Spring Event):
View attachment 9531
X (was around last Spring Event):
View attachment 9532
W (was around last Spring Event):
View attachment 9533
F (was around last Spring Event):
View attachment 9534
E (new since last Spring Event):
View attachment 9535

Crazy! I just went into my main- which is the only city that was around last spring- and I only have 4! The others show 50.

Algona

Nice pickup, Ozyman. 2 Lanterns in my main, 50 in my startup.

Does tie in with an idea I had about Incidents. Give away Event currnecy.

intentional? Or a mistake? Gird your loins my brothers and sisters for an outcry from those players believing themselves greviously wronged...

Last edited:

DeletedUser31440

Gird your loins my brothers and sisters for an outcry from those players believing themselves greviously wronged...

I've had my city for over a year and during that time I've accumulated most of the important things that I already want, but now going into this event I've got a -12 cherry blossom disadvantage?!?! I'll probably get all of those back within the first 5 minutes from random cherry blossoms in the wilderness, but this is unforgivable!

DeletedUser32860

I really thing it should be easier quests or better change. I agree with Alvadora about the less about skill. love the spring event but the percentages are outrageous and there aren't even one story pagodas. I'll probably go fairly far in the event but not totally destroy my city trying to find coins for fps or destroy my army plundering goods for the event.

Zatrikon

I noticed this as well and came here to ask about it. 19 lanterns in my main city, and 26 in my second. Am I not eligible for the 50?

I was unable to complete the set in my second city last time. And with the daily quests, I've acquired several duplicates - but not of the one I still need. I've got three extra Sakura Rocks. What the heck am I supposed to do with these?

Last edited:

DeletedUser26532

50 on my new world 17 on my main.

Seems like its tied to the remainder from last year's event, though I'm surprised they kept that information logged.

DeletedUser31592

I have mixed feelings about carrying over from year to year. If you could trust them not to change their minds, you could save everything up for the following year. But since things have never carried over, it is a bit unfair to start without a warning. Take the Carnival Event- I spent ever florin I could. In the last few hours, coins were the item to purchase, so since I didn't have enough for anything else, I used all my remaining florins on coins. I never would have done that if they were going to carry over to the next year. I didn't NEED coins. It was just the only option I had rather than losing them.

Algona

Random thought...

Folk have been talking about what o do with all the new Special Buildings for years.

Leveling the set does seem like an elegant answer to that.

New players get to chase the set, old players can level the set or chase new ones.