• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2019 Feedback

DeletedUser15539

Creating a level 3 would have favored long time players at the expense of new players, the Pagoda puts all player on an even playing field allowing them to play and benefit from the event equally.
So everything Inno does must benefit every player exactly the same? I don't agree with that.

DeletedUser13838

Yes. Think of upgrades as having Reno Kits built in.
Thanks. I remember the upgrades to buildings like the graveyard moved the building to the new age but those upgrades also put the buildings back in your inventory (so a reno kit and store building item combined) but I wasn't sure about the upgrades for the newer buildings which didn't include the store building and didn't even change the timer.

mamboking053

It sucks not knowing when the Daily Special prizes will be offered and how often.

Based on beta, the Cherry Garden Selection Kit is offered twice, so I would save up all my shades until the last one occurs and then go to town, but if it's just offered once I'll miss it. Three times, and I'll not get as many as I could have waiting.

RazorbackPirate

Thanks. I remember the upgrades to buildings like the graveyard moved the building to the new age but those upgrades also put the buildings back in your inventory (so a reno kit and store building item combined) but I wasn't sure about the upgrades for the newer buildings which didn't include the store building and didn't even change the timer.
Now the only time it will put it back in inventory is if the size changes. So, the various Graveyards are still one of the few that behave that way. Straight upgrades and shrink kits now have the ability to do it 'in place.'

RazorbackPirate

So everything Inno does must benefit every player exactly the same? I don't agree with that.
You may not, but apparently Inno does. Record revenues again last year too. I'll take that as one reason you're just a player of Inno games and not the VP of Business Development at InnoGames.

DeletedUser28898

It sucks not knowing when the Daily Special prizes will be offered and how often.

Based on beta, the Cherry Garden Selection Kit is offered twice, so I would save up all my shades until the last one occurs and then go to town, but if it's just offered once I'll miss it. Three times, and I'll not get as many as I could have waiting.
I totally agree. If we knew when particular items were going to be offered I'd wait to spend anything just so I could get the entire garden set..multiples of it.

RazorbackPirate

I love this event. Hopefully I can get all 3 main buildings
If you've got the money for the diamonds you absolutely can. Expect one full Pagoda for free, an extra base and 2-3 extra upgrades, 2 crossings for each subsequent upgrade. I've not run the math yet, but my current plan is 2 Pagodas and as many Spring Sets as that gets me. Hopefully 2 Pagodas won't break the bank.:)

mamboking053

I love this event. Hopefully I can get all 3 main buildings

The Cherry Garden set is a good haul, but I'm not too hot on the Pagoda. I'll take the freeb, but I'll wait for the next Forge Bowl and hope they offer the Colossus again. Much better Fp and attack bonus/square. I don't think anyone hurts for goods in the long run...

DeletedUser37581

Hoping this time around I do better getting the prizes I could use in my city. Didn't have much luck in the Beta World. I don't like games of chance but I do like frogs. The animation for the Spring Event is so cute. Just a quick question. The forum shows the event ends April 17 but the fandom website shows it ends April 18. Which is corrrect? Here's the link to the quests.

https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/2019_Spring_Event
Both of them are correct. The last quest will be given on the 17th, but you will have 1 day + 6-8 hours to complete, so the event doesn't actually finish until the 18th.

DeletedUser10517

I havent been back long, since early December, but since then, all events have basically been similar versions of themselves.
Do Quests, get tokens to use to make 1 of 3 choices, get a prize, move up leader board.

Its all a bit......meh!

qaccy

5) Unbeknownst to most, the artwork for the Pagoda, levels 1-4 have existed within FoE since the Pagoda's original introduction. 3 years later, Inno has finally completed it and made it available in an event.

I didn't know this! Probably because I only take a peek at the spoiler threads for new ages coming out...

I'm a little confused here. What difference is there between spending all one one day and spending equally on two days? The odds are always going to be the same. If a prize you want is offered within the first couple days of the event, you might as well try to win it with whatever attempts you have available since saving them until later isn't really going to give you a higher chance of winning on a second appearance, is it?

Emberguard

I'm a little confused here. What difference is there between spending all one one day and spending equally on two days? The odds are always going to be the same. If a prize you want is offered within the first couple days of the event, you might as well try to win it with whatever attempts you have available since saving them until later isn't really going to give you a higher chance of winning on a second appearance, is it?
The difference is you have more to spend in one go.

Also the beta appearances don't mean much in terms of frequency. The reason it was only offered twice is it was in response to people asking for the cherry set. The prize pools were completely overhauled so the percentages to win a daily special changed, the origami was changed from a mixed bag to themed prizes and the selection kits added. We only saw the selection kits in the last week because the changes to the event happened in the last week. The cherry set was never planned to be apart of the event until after people asked for it. So frequency wise sure, we could say it might come twice during the entire event, but it's just as likely it could come twice a week making it 8 appearances instead. We won't know the frequency until it happens

Last edited:

qaccy

@Emberguard That's true, but that doesn't really address the question I posed: Does waiting give you better odds of winning something? If overall you're getting the same number of attempts, I don't see any difference between trying all one one day versus doing it on multiple.

I think the only thing that matters here is how close to the end of the event the 'last chance' will be as this affects how much total currency players (mostly the free ones) are able to have acquired in order to spend.

Emberguard

I haven't seen any evidence that you would get better odds one way or the other. Some cities I spend all at once, other times I split up the spending. Haven't noticed any advantage in waiting or spending bit by bit other then more currency means more likely to get something in that particular sitting without having to wait for more currency.

RazorbackPirate

I think the only thing that matters here is how close to the end of the event the 'last chance' will be as this affects how much total currency players (mostly the free ones) are able to have acquired in order to spend.
Odds are based on a single selection of a single chest. The odds are not cumulative, nor do they change during the event. There is no advantage to waiting, there is no advantage to not waiting. If you have lanterns to spend and a Daily Special you want to spend them on, there's no reason to wait.

qaccy

@RazorbackPirate That's pretty much what I was getting at. Hence why I was wondering why someone else above was advocating for 'waiting to spend' even if the same prize is appearing on multiple days.

Zatrikon

Do all versions of the level-7 Pagoda give the same population/coins/happiness/supplies/medals? The "stats" provided in the chart only show number of FPs, combat bonus, and goods.