• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2019 Feedback

DeletedUser28147

Update: Found one lantern tree in my diamond farm and two in my main city. Still kind of disappointed.

DeletedUser18799

not too impressed so far, the daily specials have been pathetic. Plus, since my city is built out there is very little room for incidents, thus no room for cherry trees

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38090

not too impressed so far, the daily specials have been pathetic. Plus, since my city is built out there is very little room for incidents, thus no room for cherry trees
Player name really does check out.
Also, it's been 2 days into the event. And SoKs are pretty good, so it's at least 50% good. Some folks with wishing well cities love those shrink kits.

DeletedUser37581

Even with a fully built out city, there is still room for over 15 incidents to spawn in the wilderness which is where cherry trees spawn.

Agent327

Really pathetic

So far there have been 3 dailty specials and cherry trees appear outside your scity not in it.

Why on earth do you play if you do not understand the game anyhow?

DeletedUser

Would have been great if the second quest wasn't "Make people enthusiastic." This is a similar (and the new?) roadblock to unlocking or conquering sectors for advanced & later era players.

There are many that know 100% happiness is more efficient and effective than trying to maintain 120% (enthusiastic). The additional 20% bonus becomes even more insignificant after leveling StM/LH/RaH to 10.
You do know that the additional 20% bonus also applies to battle points, right? Meaning that if you operate at 100% Happiness, you are getting less points for PvP towers and ranking points than another player fighting the same battle with an enthusiastic city.

DeletedUser38090

You do know that the additional 20% bonus also applies to battle points, right? Meaning that if you operate at 100% Happiness, you are getting less points for PvP towers and ranking points than another player fighting the same battle with an enthusiastic city.
Maybe he doesn't really care about the PvP towers and ranking points.

DeletedUser

Maybe he doesn't really care about the PvP towers and ranking points.
Don't know why you felt the need to point that out, but okay. I don't understand why any experienced player would not have an Enthusiastic city at all times. It's about the easiest thing in the game to maintain once you're past the earliest part of the game. I am shocked if any of my cities ever drops below Enthusiastic. And I never make a specific effort to address it, just playing the game normally and making smart decisions seems to be all that's needed.

DeletedUser29726

Don't know why you felt the need to point that out, but okay. I don't understand why any experienced player would not have an Enthusiastic city at all times. It's about the easiest thing in the game to maintain once you're past the earliest part of the game. I am shocked if any of my cities ever drops below Enthusiastic. And I never make a specific effort to address it, just playing the game normally and making smart decisions seems to be all that's needed.

I've ran intentionally angry quest cities before for rapid advancement. You can save a significant amount of space if you have a population-demanding strategy but don't need enthusiastic (such as using army recruitment quests). However... With the power of event buildings these days the gain from running an angry city is much lower - and accidentally enthusiastic is not out of the question depending on when you start and whether the recent run of event buildings are loading you with happiness or population (i.e. if someone's start was at most recent winter event now they'd have a Spire (pop), Colossus (pop), and Piazza set (some of each, but mostly pop) and might need to get any happiness they want elsewhere - Pagoda is balanced and Cherry Set is all happiness so this event will bring them closer to balanced but I could see a 3 month-old city right now wanting to consider being angry :)

DeletedUser18799

Even with a fully built out city, there is still room for over 15 incidents to spawn in the wilderness which is where cherry trees spawn.
Not true at all. Incidents spawn in water, on shores, and on roads and you will never see a cherry tree in those places. There are not 15 places available for incidents to spawn in the wild in my city

DeletedUser38090

I've ran intentionally angry quest cities before for rapid advancement. You can save a significant amount of space if you have a population-demanding strategy but don't need enthusiastic (such as using army recruitment quests).
Yeah, this is what I'm doing with my worlds. It's the best thing for FP production if I don't have SoKs, TFs, SSWs, or any event buildings.

DeletedUser37581

Not true at all. Incidents spawn in water, on shores, and on roads and you will never see a cherry tree in those places. There are not 15 places available for incidents to spawn in the wild in my city
First, it is unlikely that all of your incidents would be those that need wilderness, but second, yes there is indeed space for more than 15 incidents in the wilderness no matter how many expansions you have.

DeletedUser18799

y
First, it is unlikely that all of your incidents would be those that need wilderness, but second, yes there is indeed space for more than 15 incidents in the wilderness no matter how many expansions you have.
you are totally clueless. Oh, you have been playing for 3 months, you are an expert on the game now. Give me a break

DeletedUser37581

y

you are totally clueless. Oh, you have been playing for 3 months, you are an expert on the game now. Give me a break
Nope, not clueless. Give me a day or so and I will put together a map of at least 15 of the places where a wilderness incident can spawn outside of any expansion areas that are available. (Not to mention, there are over 20 expansion areas where you haven't placed an expansion yet which are also available for incidents.)

DeletedUser

I've ran intentionally angry quest cities
Well, intentionally angry cities are another thing altogether. But if someone is going to run a Happy city, it's really extra effort to not have it Enthusiastic. In most of my cities I would have to delete GBs to get anywhere near going below Enthusiastic.

DeletedUser29726

Well, intentionally angry cities are another thing altogether. But if someone is going to run a Happy city, it's really extra effort to not have it Enthusiastic. In most of my cities I would have to delete GBs to get anywhere near going below Enthusiastic.

My VF city depending on configuration sometimes does lose enthusiastic unless i plug in a cultural building (lvl 55 hagia, lvl 76 traz). At 9000 population for a VF barracks, I've sometimes ran over 150k population - which would require 210k happiness for enthusiastic - which is pretty much everything I've got including multiple Elephant Fountain Sets, Cherry Sets, a Tholos, even a couple Classic Garden Sets, and stray happiness from Palace Sets.

mamboking053

The Cherry Trees don't appear in your city map, they appear in the grass and trees area all around it.

This event is pretty good. Both the Cherry Garden set and the Pagoda are being offered- two prizes that could be called Main Event prizes in one event and both offering 10% attack boost.