• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2019 Feedback

mamboking053

Possible strategy...?

I guess it depends on just how often you get pieces from the Daily Challenge, but I figured maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to get a lot of Selection kits this year and use them immediately. Instead, I would get all that I can, then only use them to level up the pieces that are available in the Daily Challenge.It will take a while to profit from, but you gain more from it.

Maybe I would use them to get the Gong because of it's insane probability.

DeletedUser38090

Possible strategy...?

I guess it depends on just how often you get pieces from the Daily Challenge, but I figured maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to get a lot of Selection kits this year and use them immediately. Instead, I would get all that I can, then only use them to level up the pieces that are available in the Daily Challenge.It will take a while to profit from, but you gain more from it.

Maybe I would use them to get the Gong because of it's insane probability.

I mean, if you're well-off with your FP production, this would be a decent strategy, especially if your town is littered with FP producing buildings, and only a cherry garden set at level 2 would be more efficient. I'm still going to cash out all of my cherry selection kits for my worlds since they have terrible FP income from collections.

mamboking053

I mean, if you're well-off with your FP production, this would be a decent strategy, especially if your town is littered with FP producing buildings, and only a cherry garden set at level 2 would be more efficient. I'm still going to cash out all of my cherry selection kits for my worlds since they have terrible FP income from collections.

Good point. Didn't look at it from that angle.

DeletedUser24719

This is without a doubt the worst event of bad events! Lousy rewards, far too long and one more money grabbing chance for INNO.

mamboking053

This is without a doubt the worst event of bad events! Lousy rewards, far too long and one more money grabbing chance for INNO.

It seems like that if you go little by little, which is why I like to wait, build up a lot of event currency till at least halfway through the event, and then spend all at once.

DeletedUser38090

This is without a doubt the worst reply out of all dumb replies. Failing to understand how some of these pagodas and daily specials can be useful for many players, thinking that an event that lasts for just 2 weeks is too long, and one more chance at polluting these forums with mindless INNO bashing.

Algona

It seems like that if you go little by little, which is why I like to wait, build up a lot of event currency till at least halfway through the event, and then spend all at once.

Waste of time. Wildelk is a pathological whiner. Boring, pretty much every post is the same.

I think my favorite Wildelkisn is asking when the Easter 2016 Event would start then 3 days later drop a half dozen posts lambasting the Event. That's dedication to a whole 'nother level of whining!

Meanwhile, on topic. The event is easy peasy. Easy Quests, easy game to beat. Daily prizes are good so far, Pagoda is a good prize and easy to get. If there is a reaosnalbe opportunity to pick up more then 2 Cherry Garden Ypgrades, this Event is a very good Event.

Unless you're Wildelk.

Volodya

Serious question: Why do you continue to play a game you dislike so intensely and consistently?

DeletedUser37581

not too impressed so far, the daily specials have been pathetic. Plus, since my city is built out there is very little room for incidents, thus no room for cherry trees
Due to time constraints, I wasn't able to locate 15 spawning points for incidents in the wilderness, but I was able to identify 7 spawn points outside of any possible expansion area plus several more that are available outside of the expansions placed in your city. In the graphic, the blacked out area is the extent of possible expansion placements, while the areas outlined in yellow indicates areas where your city has not yet expanded to. The red diamonds indicate incident spawn points. This clearly shows that there are sufficient places for incidents (and therefore cherry trees) to spawn in your city.

IncidentSpawns.jpg

DeletedUser38522

Waste of time. Wildelk is a pathological whiner. Boring, pretty much every post is the same.

I think my favorite Wildelkisn is asking when the Easter 2016 Event would start then 3 days later drop a half dozen posts lambasting the Event. That's dedication to a whole 'nother level of whining!

Meanwhile, on topic. The event is easy peasy. Easy Quests, easy game to beat. Daily prizes are good so far, Pagoda is a good prize and easy to get. If there is a reaosnalbe opportunity to pick up more then 2 Cherry Garden Ypgrades, this Event is a very good Event.

Unless you're Wildelk.
I actually have been enjoying this event. The tasks are fair, though sometimes take a bit longer then I would wish. . Sure my research gets a bit backed up. Holding off for the next quest. But I’m following the quest list and looking 3 quests in advance. That gives me enough time to prepare. making sure I keep my resources needed to activate the research or holding off on the last map section til I need it for a quest. Slow feeding my forge points. and I agree the Pagoda is the BEST prize so far. The Mardi Gras event kinda sucked. But Patience is absolutely needed. I like this game more and more

DeletedUser38683

I’m new to the game but I found the event disappointing. I did not receive a cherry tree until day 3. I tried the quests but after requiring me at very early EMA to pay 57,000 coins (20% of my balance), I gave up. There should be an option to abort quests even with a penalty.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38090

I’m new to the game but I found the event disappointing. I did not receive a cherry tree until day 3. I tried the quests but after requiring me at very early LMA to pay 57,000 coins (20% of my balance), I gave up. There should be an option to abort quests even with a penalty.
You had at least a week in advance to know what the questline was going to be, and how to prepare for it. If you are in LMA with only 300k coins, then I think you have an issue with your coins production, and it's not Inno's fault for that. Feel free to ask questions here and we can certainly help you out. The quests are doable for everyone who plans well.

DeletedUser38658

The defense of the fire pagoda is "defense in defense" or "defense in attack"?

DeletedUser33179

I’m new to the game but I found the event disappointing. I did not receive a cherry tree until day 3. I tried the quests but after requiring me at very early EMA to pay 57,000 coins (20% of my balance), I gave up. There should be an option to abort quests even with a penalty.

Everyone in the game starts with not much. Just keep working at it & learning all you can. Consider staying in LMA & not advancing much on the Map for several more weeks, building up all that you can & getting at least a couple of the early GBs (such as Babel, LoA, etc) if you haven't already.

Get out of this event as much as you can. still ~2 weeks to go, so plenty of time.

Make sure each time you check on your city that you look for & clear all incidents (sometimes they don't generate for several minutes of play). That creates more of a chance Cherry trees will spawn, as they're also incidents.

For a bunch of good tips & tricks for getting the most out of events at any Age, you can check out this thread:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/event-tips-tricks.24649/

Last edited by a moderator: