• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2019 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

As always, your feedback is very important for us, so don't forget to comment here and let us know what you think of this year's spring event!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

UBERhelp1

The water pagoda looks so good... but I am more a fan of the fire or earth pagodas' boosts.

Can't wait for this event!

DeletedUser38090

According to the unofficial FoE wiki, it's entirely doable to get a fully upgraded pagoda without, even if you choose the most inefficient origami animals in terms of lanterns/jump if you do all of the quests. So what I'm thinking of doing is probably going for as many Spring Selection kits as possible by choosing the origamis with the best lantern/%daily special ratio when the spring selection kit day comes, and then spending any excess lanterns on FP or other goodies. Hopefully I can increase my FP production by 15 or more with this event.

Jern2017

I'm glad there are alternatives to quests requiring map progression.

I'll go with the Fire Pagoda and it looks cool, but compared to the Collosus, it's definitely less powerful.

DeletedUser36624

Going by what the fan wiki says, this event is kind of a tongue-in-cheek easy ride response to all the criticism of other events. Assuming you do all the quests, and pick up all your daily lanterns, then regardless of how you pick your origami animals, you will end up with enough parts for a fully upgraded Pagoda. And the gold and silver animals are the best buy in terms of lanterns/distance. However, distance at the end of one doesn't carry over to the next, so there is some minor strategy involved in getting to the end.

I predict the whining this time will be over "but I couldn't get two Pagodas without diamonds".

qaccy

I still don't really think the Forge Bowl/FoE Cup is a good look for the Spring Event. Obviously it's all drawn up to match the theme, but a paper frog hopping across a pond full of other paper animals and the incorporation of the league system doesn't really make sense to me. I wish I had my own ideas on how to change it, but I am hoping that happens for next year's version because, prizes aside, I'm not very excited to play this. :(

DeletedUser17397

why isn't a lvl 3 to the existing set not an option? i don't want a pagoda, its garbage inno ; D

qaccy

@unmeow The Pagoda isn't bad for a 4x4 building that has a total of 'only' 7 levels. I can also think of several reasons why there was no level 3 added to the Cherry Garden.

qaccy

Sure!

1) It would require 15 prize wins in order to receive a full level 3 set. People were already complaining about the RNG working against them simply to acquire 10 total prizes for a level 2 Piazza set.
2) It would require designing more new art to go along with what was already put forth for the new Pagodas. Keep in mind that these selection kits were added in as a response to community feedback that they should be included in the event, so there was no real development time given to the set this year.
3) It would introduce the first and only level 3 set, which would obviously invalidate any other building sets. This includes the Piazza set, which was introduced only weeks ago. Now, it's not uncommon to eventually see new buildings that are better than old ones, but without any gap at all seems a little soon, don't you think?
4) The Pagoda is intended to be the main draw of the event. If there was going to be a level 3 for the Cherry Garden, it would be the only focus and the Pagoda would not have been enhanced at all.

RazorbackPirate

5) Unbeknownst to most, the artwork for the Pagoda, levels 1-4 have existed within FoE since the Pagoda's original introduction. 3 years later, Inno has finally completed it and made it available in an event.
6) They didn't want to do another 'lazy re-skin of the Cherry Set' as they were accused of doing with the Piazza Set.
7) Creating a level 3 would have favored long time players at the expense of new players, the Pagoda puts all player on an even playing field allowing them to play and benefit from the event equally.

@lemur, are you unable to put yourself in the developers shoes for even a moment to think of reason they might want to do something new? What are your thoughts?

DeletedUser13838

Do upgrades obtained in one age change the age of a building obtained in a prior age?

lemur

lemur, are you unable to put yourself in the developers shoes for even a moment to think of reason they might want to do something new?

Yes, that's it. It's not that I wanted to know what qaccy thought; it's that I am incapable of empathy. And you figured that out from the mere two words that I wrote — because you're so smart!

RazorbackPirate

I never said you were incapable of empathy, I asked if you were able to think like a developer and if you had any thoughts or ideas of your own. Your quick with the complaints, be nice to know if you're capable of more.