• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2019 Feedback

DeletedUser30900

Im on quest 50, I just saved up every lantern i got this event for the cherry garden selection kit. About 6000 lanterns.
I just spent every 1 on the cheapest leap with highest chance of the upgrade kit.
All 6000 lanterns spent and now cant leap and i got not a single cherry garden selection kit.

Ive had my cherry garden in my city for a year now waiting on this event to get the upgrades to make it worth having, and I didn't get a single 1.
I dont even know how much time i have wasted now on trying to get the full set.
I just cant waste my time on this game anymore if this is what keeps happening.

The upgrade selection kit needs to be added to the cherry garden chest for the challenger or something.
same goes for the carnival event set. put these building sets behind the challenger chests if you plan on putting single multi-level buildings as event rewards.
Putting things you can only get in a yearly event behind this random algorithm does not work well. especially for building sets.
Hahahahaha

UBERhelp1

I spent only 5.5k lanterns and got 12 kits (on one world).

[EDIT] Make that 13.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31397

I spent only 5.5k lanterns and got 12 kits (on one world).

Dang congrats man!

Hahahahaha

Ouch that's harsh LOL

To be fair, I would be pretty livid too if I had that kind of RNG. As impossible as it sounds, it is still in the realm of possibility. I use this calculator to give me a heads up when I go for a prize in bulk: https://stattrek.com/online-calculator/binomial.aspx

This event is a little harder to determine because there is much more variation between animals in terms of costs and success %. If you exclusively picked one type of animal (bronze, silver) or tried to pick the best % success rate (12%-13%) each time the binomial is more reliable. Otherwise you would have to do more complex math to get a more accurate answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36624

I spent about 4K and got 7 kits, and stopped there. I have 3 pieces from the DC chests, so that will make one full set for me. I'm not big on carpeting my city with multiple copies of stuff. I picked the animal with the non-DS prize I liked the best. That way even if I didn't get the DS, I'd still be happy with what I got. I almost got mad when I got a DS on a stag ("what? where's my forge points!?").

Agent327

Im on quest 50, I just saved up every lantern i got this event for the cherry garden selection kit. About 6000 lanterns.
I just spent every 1 on the cheapest leap with highest chance of the upgrade kit.
All 6000 lanterns spent and now cant leap and i got not a single cherry garden selection kit.

Blame yourself. Cheapest leap doen't always have the highest chance.

Ive had my cherry garden in my city for a year now waiting on this event to get the upgrades to make it worth having, and I didn't get a single 1.
I dont even know how much time i have wasted now on trying to get the full set.
I just cant waste my time on this game anymore if this is what keeps happening.

Smart choice if you play like you do.

The upgrade selection kit needs to be added to the cherry garden chest for the challenger or something.
same goes for the carnival event set. put these building sets behind the challenger chests if you plan on putting single multi-level buildings as event rewards.
Putting things you can only get in a yearly event behind this random algorithm does not work well. especially for building sets.

Nothing needs to be changed. Problem is you do not understand how it works and nothing can change that.

Algona

Pretty happy. Main city scored HoFs 20-23. 2 Kits today, might drop a second set. (Quit screaming, SL, I understand you don't like sets. Nonetheless, I''ve never had one plundered.)

Second city 8 Kits. Already had one set down, needed a gond for the seconsd set, so dropped that, keeping the 7 other Kits for whenever. Also dropped the lvl 5 Pagoda, looks nice and I had clear space.

Both cities will have full Pagodas at the end of the Event irregardless of League.

Although Watchfire Upgrade for finishing the pond? Blech. I feel about watchfires the way SL does about sets. Just another item for Inventory.

Easy Quests, easy to acquire prizes, good Daily prizes, good Event prize = Good Event?

We'll see what the last few days brings.

DeletedUser36020

I'm torn on which pagoda to get. That 3 fp increase is tough to pass up on. But the attack increase is also rather helpful.

What are you all gonna pick?

RazorbackPirate

2 cities, 6.4k lanterns spent in each, crossed the pond 4 times and got 9 kits in each city. I always selected the most efficient DS% per lantern. I think I did ok. I've got to look through my inventory of pieces from DC to see the best way to use them. I'll be saving up my lanterns to go for kits again the second time they come around.

DeletedUser27889

What are you all gonna pick?
Fire. It's only 2FP less but the 10 attack more than makes up for that IMHO. I'd rather do 2 levels of cape for another 2 FP than 19 levels of Zeus. Yes I knew Zeus would also give me attacking defense as well so not a fair comparison. Just saying FP is easier to come by.

I was surprised with how many selection kits I got, 7 with all the lanterns so far in the event. Now if I could only find a spot for a second set. My inventory runneth over with 'someday when I have the room' buildings.

DeletedUser32973

Fire. It's only 2FP less but the 10 attack more than makes up for that IMHO. I'd rather do 2 levels of cape for another 2 FP than 19 levels of Zeus. Yes I knew Zeus would also give me attacking defense as well so not a fair comparison. Just saying FP is easier to come by.

I was surprised with how many selection kits I got, 7 with all the lanterns so far in the event. Now if I could only find a spot for a second set. My inventory runneth over with 'someday when I have the room' buildings.

Nice comparison, convinced me to go for the fire pagoda. Otherwise I was on the fence.

Seems like this is one of the best events for diamond spending. I dumped my entire diamond farm stash on it. Didn't get as much as I thought I would with 20k diamonds, but no regrets.

qaccy

I already spent my diamonds during Carnival for a bunch of Piazza set buildings, but I do want to get one of each of the three Pagodas. My lanterns will probably go towards watchfire upgrades since I don't have much use for anything else.

DeletedUser30312

Hahahahaha

That's nothing to laugh at, that was a very bad RNG run. Particularly since the game likely uses a pseudo RNG and they can spit out stuff that's very non-random if you hit them at the wrong spot.

My inventory runneth over with 'someday when I have the room' buildings.

Same here. After a while you pick up enough event buildings to the point where you can't use them all effectively. I have somewhere around 10 unplaced SoKs because I don't have the room, and they're lower aged than my city so I don't want them hanging around unaided. There's 12 Rogue Hideouts because the 4 I have is enough for my needs, maybe I'd want them if I did more GvG, but even then a Traz lowers the number of hideouts needed. Don't use WWs in my main, and they're starting to pile up too when the events give them as progress rewards for events like this. Don't want to throw them out completely though.

DeletedUser28147

So, just finished getting a fully upgraded pagoda. Happy to say I was able to do it with a few days to spare but I suspect Inno changed things up because of all the people who complained about barely getting an event building finished before the event finished. Overall an 8 out of 10 on this event. Still not happy with how high a lot of the amounts were on a lot of the quests but I will be using the last few days to get what I want from every jump instead of only clicking on the furthest one.

Side note: I have a sneaking suspicion that Inno is slowly turnig FOE into a pay to play game. Anyone have any thoughts?

DeletedUser38090

I have a sneaking suspicion that Inno is slowly turnig FOE into a pay to play game. Anyone have any thoughts?
Like when you mean pay to play, do you mean a subscription service to FoE, or do you mean pay-to-win?

RazorbackPirate

Side note: I have a sneaking suspicion that Inno is slowly turning FOE into a pay to play game. Anyone have any thoughts?
My thought is, I think your perception is skewed by the difficulties you encounter. If they wanted to turn it into a diamond game, you wouldn't be able to get a fully upgraded Pagoda without paying, you most certainly wouldn't have it fully upgrade with over a week remaining in the event.

You say you'll be focused on getting what you want every jump. I've been doing that all along. Of course I've yet to have a level 7 Pagoda, but I will. Just as soon as the Cherry Kits come around again.

I also think you don't mess up a winning formula that produces record profits year after year.

DeletedUser30900

So, just finished getting a fully upgraded pagoda. Happy to say I was able to do it with a few days to spare but I suspect Inno changed things up because of all the people who complained about barely getting an event building finished before the event finished. Overall an 8 out of 10 on this event. Still not happy with how high a lot of the amounts were on a lot of the quests but I will be using the last few days to get what I want from every jump instead of only clicking on the furthest one.

Side note: I have a sneaking suspicion that Inno is slowly turnig FOE into a pay to play game. Anyone have any thoughts?
I feel exactly like that.

I meant like agent327.

DeletedUser36624

Few days to spare? There's over a week left. You could have been clicking on what you want every single jump and still get a fully upgraded pagoda. You only need to optimize jumps if you want more than one pagoda (and then you'll need to spend diamonds anyway). You're complaining about high amounts on collect goods quests, which are easily done with circular trades in guild. I do have a beef with the high amounts required as the alternative on the Cmap/tech quests, but I know how to prepare for that in the future.

Some events are easy. Some events are hard. Some events are sure things. Some events are not.

mamboking053

Side note: I have a sneaking suspicion that Inno is slowly turning FOE into a pay to play game. Anyone have any thoughts?

They were high, and they were high for the last two events, but I think it's a trade-off for not having things like "Research a technology" or "Conquer a Province" as absolute requirements in the events. As long as it stays like that I can deal with having to empty my stores periodically.

I think, yeah, they are always going to be figuring out a way to get you to spend diamonds, but I understand it. It's not p2p yet, but who knows what the future will bring- though I don't think p2p is all that desirable these days.

RazorbackPirate

I think, yeah, they are always going to be figuring out a way to get you to spend diamonds, but I understand it.
Inno will continue to run events and continue to add new features to the game, each of which will provide an opportunity for players to spend diamonds to buy additional event buildings, speed their progress, or buy their way out of self-created problems.

There is nothing in the game that doesn't give you the option to spend diamonds. There is also nothing in the game that requires you to spend diamonds other than the diamond expansions and the diamonds needed for those can be easily earned for free.

Every diamond transaction in the game is a voluntary transaction initiated and consummated by the player and the player alone. Inno merely exploits inherent flaws in human behavior. I can't fault them for being good at what they do.