• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2021 Feedback

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
You can post your thoughts about the Spring event here.

Learn more about the event in this topic.

Thank you :)

Yugi the 7empest

The game mechanics are the same as Forge Bowl. The daily prizes are nothing to pursue save for the sentinels and upgrades. The event building will probably not see any play from many players. This one really feels forced. I would almost prefer fewer events with better prizes and buildings than to just have an event for the sake of having an event, which this feels like.

CommanderCool1234

I used to like the event surprise box since I assumed you would be able to get an extra kit for the building but now it has been taken into account and expected that you will have one. So now I am doing this event in my wishing well worlds and I wont be able to get the full event buidlngs since I didnt do last event.

Graviton

The game mechanics are the same as Forge Bowl. The daily prizes are nothing to pursue save for the sentinels and upgrades. The event building will probably not see any play from many players. This one really feels forced. I would almost prefer fewer events with better prizes and buildings than to just have an event for the sake of having an event, which this feels like.

They gotta deal with power creep somehow, apparently that means that once in awhile we're going to get SBs that have no fighting boosts. Doesn't bother me any, I think I like "taking off" an Event or two a year.

So we as a community can gripe about no fighting boosts or we can gripe about power creep, but we really can't gripe about both. :)

Joeyjojojo

I like the look of the spring/cherry blossom event buildings. This one's benefits are subpar compared with other event buildings but it's better than last year's imo. I'll likely build it as my city is not (and never will be) 100% efficiency.

Count me among those who really don't like that the surprise box now seems to be required to complete a building rather than a nice bonus for those who got far enough in the previous event (I may be mistaken, but from the #s I'm seeing if you don't have the box you have to spend diamonds to finish...or be insanely lucky with incidents).

RNG aside: I don't think it's broken or rigged, but it is very frustrating to save up for a DS, spend all your [lanterns] and get 0 of that item. I've seen games that have a failsafe to prevent this (you're guaranteed to get something on the 10th try, even if the RNG wouldn't give it to you). That may be worth considering.

FriarTuck

I must be missing some aspect of the game. I just finished quest 50 and have the level 1 building + several upgrades but aren't there supposed to be outbuildings you need for the best outcome? If so, where are they?

Pickleweasel

I must be missing some aspect of the game. I just finished quest 50 and have the level 1 building + several upgrades but aren't there supposed to be outbuildings you need for the best outcome? If so, where are they?

There is only one new building, along with the upgrades.

FriarTuck

Thanks for that info. All the recent buildings have had them so I just assumed this one did too. I'm going to have to start reading a LOT more carefully.

FriarTuck

I had thought--apparently incorrectly--that this mill belonged in a set with last year's cherry blossom Ha???? Bridge. I was thinking about how to locate the two next to each other--but this seems unnecessary, right?

somehow

Stay Rita

Different year ... same mechanics .... so what ! ?

Takes time to write a whole new script and deploy

Beef: scored 2 more WW's which I sell in A.D. ....how about offering more of those past event ( not just Spring ) upgrades ? I am currently working an abandoned asylum from scratch through A.D. bid wars and have built a few other event bldgs via A.D. !

Instead it is WW , SoKs , etc.

Non Beef : Stand Alone event bldg makes for easy Store Up in future !

End of Feedback

why would you spend on WW only to sell them both? Hello what about just being patent and saving up

Stay Rita

agreed they keep pushing event on us give us some breathing space!

CDmark

I like the blossom tree being distinct incidents versus possible tree in the road. Maybe have little lanterns float away when you click it. It could have been done with the St Pattys day pots of gold, even a little animation, like a rainbow. I don't think you need a Lucky from Lucky Charms pop up but it would be funny. In the archeology event coming, it can be a scroll and can roll open when you click it, then give you the event currency. It is nice to have an event that you already know, gives you a break from having to think. The surprise box will be very handy with another upgrade, I really like this new feature. I am assuming there will be an upgrade for the mill. I think this event may fall under the category "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". It is still an event, has a nice event building esp for FPs. I know many want attack, attack, attack but some players don't want to lose FPs or goods for attack. 33% supply boost is like getting 6 levels on your LoA, post L10 and it doesn't stop at 40 collections, can be handy. It is better than the Mikawa bridge last year, Mikoto bridge has city defense attack so a direct comparison can not be made. But it does show there is a cost for having attack albeit city defense attack, the cost is 3 FP and 10 goods for scaled city defense attack. So, this years event building, no choices, it is what it is, nice, no thinking, Even if you replace last years bridge, you have 4 extra spaces bcs the orientation is the same (no thinking again, loving it). Hmm, 4 L2 sentinels? 16% defense comes to mind. Just a random thought.

saknika

Maybe this was a miscalculation on Inno's part, but if not I don't like the start of this trend because for the first time ever I won't be able to get the full event item.

It's the day before the end, and I have no incidents to collect and 34 lanterns left to my name. I need two more ponds to get the last upgrade (as tomorrow's quest will give me upgrade #7). I have done all the quests, collected all the incidents that have been granted to me, and received the email bonus. I log in every day to get the bonus lanterns. There is no way, without spending diamonds, that I can make two more ponds on the extra 190 lanterns I'll get for tomorrow's bonus and the quest. 224 lanterns will get me one jump, maybe two.

So my feedback is this: first and foremost, thank goodness the prize is garbage for someone at my level (though it bothers my collector OCD a lot), but second (and most important), if an item [from an event quest] cannot be achieved without spending diamonds then that is garbage.

Usually it comes right down to the wire but is possible with the event currency that's given out in just the quest line and daily bonuses, with a small bit of extra wiggle room. To have it come up so drastically short is, quite frankly, appalling.

EDIT: I also just checked to see if I opened the surprise box from the last event, I don't remember doing so but I also cannot find it in my inventory so I must have? Regardless of that, what would happen to someone who started playing between the last event and this one? That seems very unfair.

Last edited:

Pickleweasel

I have barely finished four of five worlds with a maxed out building (counting in advance getting the upgrade for tonight's final quest, I will have a surplus of 100-200 lanterns per world). I will finish the last world with the lanterns from tonight's quest. However, I concur with many that it is pretty disappointing that the mystery box from the prior event is seemingly required to complete the max level building.

Had I not had the mystery box on any given world of mine, I would not have been able to come even close to completing the max building without a large diamond expenditure. Effectively this implies that if you miss an event and the associated mystery box, you won't finish the next event, thus setting up a downward spiral.

RazorbackPirate

EDIT: I also just checked to see if I opened the surprise box from the last event, I don't remember doing so but I also cannot find it in my inventory so I must have? Regardless of that, what would happen to someone who started playing between the last event and this one? That seems very unfair.
In your inventory, type the word Mill. It will show your Level 1, your Upgrades, and the Selection kit you got from the Mystery Box.
Maybe this was a miscalculation on Inno's part, but if not I don't like the start of this trend because for the first time ever I won't be able to get the full event item.

It's the day before the end, and I have no incidents to collect and 34 lanterns left to my name. I need two more ponds to get the last upgrade (as tomorrow's quest will give me upgrade #7). I have done all the quests, collected all the incidents that have been granted to me, and received the email bonus. I log in every day to get the bonus lanterns. There is no way, without spending diamonds, that I can make two more ponds on the extra 190 lanterns I'll get for tomorrow's bonus and the quest. 224 lanterns will get me one jump, maybe two.

So my feedback is this: first and foremost, thank goodness the prize is garbage for someone at my level (though it bothers my collector OCD a lot), but second (and most important), if an item [from an event quest] cannot be achieved without spending diamonds then that is garbage.

Usually it comes right down to the wire but is possible with the event currency that's given out in just the quest line and daily bonuses, with a small bit of extra wiggle room. To have it come up so drastically short is, quite frankly, appalling.
I'm sorry to hear about your results. While I agree there was a miscalculation, it was not on Inno's part. I played the event in two cities, both I will get a fully upgraded Mill.

City A is sitting one jump short of the final upgrade, City B is sitting one jump over what was needed. In both, I followed the only proven strategy with this game mechanism, pick the most efficient Animal each and every time. Any deviation from that and you'll fall short, Way short. The kind of way short you fell.

Like always, it came right down to the wire. But barely enough is still enough.

While your results are appalling, the results are from your playing of the event, not Inno's miscalculation of the event currency balance needed to finish for free.

qaccy

Gonna join the group of people who don't like that the surprise boxes are factored into event winnings. I suspected this was going to be the case as soon as they were introduced, and said as much in another feedback thread. Instead of them being a bonus for participating in the previous event, they're now required in order for free players to even have a chance to complete a grand prize building. I rarely utter these words, but I think that's a pretty scummy move. That shouldn't be how you folks at Inno try to drive diamond purchases or get players to log in more.

I'm someone who spends diamonds on events anyway since there's almost always something I want to stock up on (and getting gold in the various Leagues has caught me hook, line, and sinker), so this design shift doesn't really affect me. But it's not cool for anyone who doesn't (or can't) do that.