• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2021 Feedback

RazorbackPirate

Gonna join the group of people who don't like that the surprise boxes are factored into event winnings. I suspected this was going to be the case as soon as they were introduced, and said as much in another feedback thread. Instead of them being a bonus for participating in the previous event, they're now required in order for free players to even have a chance to complete a grand prize building. I rarely utter these words, but I think that's a pretty scummy move. That shouldn't be how you folks at Inno try to drive diamond purchases or get players to log in more.

I'm someone who spends diamonds on events anyway since there's almost always something I want to stock up on (and getting gold in the various Leagues has caught me hook, line, and sinker), so this design shift doesn't really affect me. But it's not cool for anyone who doesn't (or can't) do that.
I certainly understand your perspective and the perception of the change.

As a free player, I still got a fully maxed out main prize in 2 cities and a number of daily specials. Sure it requires me to play the previous event, but I've played every event since I started. This move will certainly affect those players who, in the past, may have sat events out based on the prize. They'll now have to play every event enough to get the box for the next event should that have a prize they want.

Where this change has a measurable effect is the number of side prizes and daily specials earned through the event. By giving a needed upgrade up front, there's two less pond jumps we had to complete, missing out on all the extra goodies that come along with that. I'd been feeling that the number of daily specials I got through the event were a bit light, this is why. While the RNG may have had a compounding effect, 30 less jumps means 30 less chances, 30 less chances means less daily specials. The days of getting a second fully upgraded building from a previous year's event may be over. Want a level 10 this or that? Sorry. The stats say you'll get 8 kits max, nine if you're lucky.

I do agree overall this is a scummy move. It forces participation to the benefit of Inno, not the player, at the same time taking away prizes from players who have exhibited the behavior this move appears to foster. No way to spin this other than a nerf of Events.

Who was asking about the difference a 17% investment increase from 51% ownership to 68% ownership makes? This, right here. It seems Nerf Season is upon us. Thanks for nothing MTG.

DarnTootin

It's disappointing that even with the surprise box from the last event, I am this far away from my last upgrade and will need to spend diamonds to get it:

1618406553201.png

I've picked up all the trees I have seen daily and have always picked the most cost effective steps in the event.

Shouldn't the surprise box be a bonus? You would think you should be able to finish events without diamonds just from the event itself. If I didn't have that surprise box, I'd be two upgrades behind.

Maybe the surprise box should be renamed to "mandatory event box"?

Ironrooster

By always taking the most cost effective jumps offered, searching every day for incidents, and using the event box, I managed to get the max number of Suishun levels in all 3 cities. One of them was very tight and didn't make it until the incidents the day before put me over by 22 lanterns - not even 1 extra jump. The other two had better incidents and were over enough to do about 1/3 and 1/2 of the next pond.

I agree that the event box should be an extra and not required to complete the main building.

I also think the daily incidents should be extra above what is needed to complete the main building.

Fortunately, for those who just missed it the level 8 to level 9 difference was incremental unlike some buildings where the last level is needed for one of the benefits

Graviton

By always taking the most cost effective jumps offered, searching every day for incidents, and using the event box, I managed to get the max number of Suishun levels in all 3 cities.

Same here, in 7 cities.

I agree that the event box should be an extra and not required to complete the main building.

I disagree with this. The only people that 'shuts out' are those who weren't around for the previous Event. Which means, worst-case scenario, a player won't get a fully-upgraded building on their first Event.

I also think the daily incidents should be extra above what is needed to complete the main building.

I tend to agree with that, although it's not that big a deal. What I would like to see: Event-currency incidents that are unique, as they are for this Spring Event, instead of Event currency being hidden in normal incidents.

Fortunately, for those who just missed it the level 8 to level 9 difference was incremental unlike some buildings where the last level is needed for one of the benefits

It's still easily possible to get all the upgrades required (not counting the special event box) if one chooses the right path along the way (in this case, the most efficient animal). Where people go wrong is going after daily specials, or certain prizes in particular, instead of keeping their eye on the main prize. I think that's the way it should be.

Spotmeows

Here's what I have to say about several points other players have raised:

1) I, too, am stuck in the middle of the pond on the way to the final upgrade, and that's including the event box. The pink trees were generous this time but still not enough. I strongly suspect this is yet another way to hustle for diamonds. Fortunately for me, the difference between a level 8 and 9 mill isn't enough to justify the expense. This is not a case where a substantial attack or defense bonus suddenly kicks in at the final level.

2) Event boxes, in my opinion, should be bonuses for the previous event or for the game in general, not bonuses for the next event. Several other players have expressed similar sentiments.

3) I agree with the players who think incidents that provide event currency should be separate for ALL events. For example, in the St. Patrick's Day event (which should not be finished several days BEFORE St. Patrick's Day), there could be shamrocks or pots of gold that appear from time to time. In the Forge Bowl it could be footballs. Etc.

4) As for the rewards, maybe sometimes they should be things other than buildings, or perhaps upgrades to existing buildings or even town hall bonuses. I say this because each event building takes up more space. At some point you might have to tear down old ones to make room for new ones.

P C C

I disagree with this. The only people that 'shuts out' are those who weren't around for the previous Event. Which means, worst-case scenario, a player won't get a fully-upgraded building on their first Event.

Maybe a few more would be affected than that. When I started playing, a Winter event was underway and I didn't come close to finishing it. But I got a fully upgraded building from the Forge Bowl that followed. I don't think I would have got an Event box the first time if it had been like these last two events so requiring it would have made me wait until my third event for a fully upgraded prize.

Stay Rita

pretty easy event... the kicker was buying so many fps really put a stump in my timing. I ended the event with a lot of wishing wells not sure how many I got but on some world I got up to 13 and others I got low as 5 but I play all 27 and got at least 5 wells per worlds so I'm happy

PJS299

Maybe make it last longer? Make the jumps across the pond less expensive, more opportunitys to level up your suishun mill... I only got mine to level 3...

Algona

Maybe make it last longer? Make the jumps across the pond less expensive, more opportunitys to level up your suishun mill... I only got mine to level 3...

Welcome to the forum.

Unsolicited advice make of it what you will.

If after the first couple days of an Event you feel you are not making good progress, start asking for help. Here, your Guild, Friends.

INNNO designs most Events such that optimal play choices will get a player a fully upgraded main prize.

So don't wait too long to ask for help if you have any doubt about how to get the most out of the Event.

Good luck!

La Marchessa

that last 4 hour daily special - anyway to make it longer? I missed using 15,000 or so lanterns in 4 cities because it is just so easy to miss those last 4 hours, totally out of the rythm of the rest of the event.

Could this please be considered? I love the 6hr rush, thanks for puttin it on there, but I didn't get any where i needed them in multiple cities. My own fault but maybe you could extend that last daily reward to 8 or 12 hours...