• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event - The Cherry Blossom Festival Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Here it is! A new event with tons of new items! So we'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser26120

"Then you can use them at your convenience, they will stay in your inventory for as long as you wish. Effects from the boosts can add up - except for the attack boost - so you can use multiple boosts at once."

Can we get clarification on this?

Does that mean we can't use small, medium, and large attack boosts at same time - but one of each, respectively, will still apply on top of all other city boosts?

DeletedUser28273

Like Dursland, I would like additional clarification, specifically are the Boosts gained from the Boost Crates permanent boosts? or are they 1 time use boosts?

DeletedUser28089

I absolutely LOVE the new buildings' designs! And the set bonus is a really cool idea! Can't wait for the event itself!!

DeletedUser10291

Yes they are temporary. the duration depends on the size of the boost small/medium and large. The amount of boost is reflected as well by the size.

so Forgers..Size does matter

ODragon

My suggestion is to let us do the quests in the order we want to. This would allow various play styles to have more fun instead of having to do things a certain way.

Toppcatt

As long as there is a realistic chance at getting all 5 buildings just by completing all of the Quests (and WITHOUT having to spend any Diamonds), then I think this 5 building "super bonus" thing is a great concept. I have been able to read up on the Stats for all of the buildings so far, with the exception for 1 of them (the Nishikigoi Pond), and I love that we can and/or will get ALL of the following; Coins, Supplies, Medals, Goods, Happiness, FPs, AND up to a 3% bonus increase to both our Attack and Defense units, and all from only a "mere" 5x5 space. LOL

Considering that space is such a premium quality, especially the higher in Age/Eras a Players is, that 1st having the Devs come up with (and then getting management to approve) this concept is almost a miracle, at least from my perspective and from what has been done by management in the last 4 yrs I've been playing this game. :)o_O:D

Algona

The Event looks a bit complicated, a lot of fun, and some interesting new twists. Looking forward to this. And the inevitable display of the mathematically challenged.

Good stuff, INNO.

4/17/17 : Final thoughts:

Most complaints seemed to revolve around the ill perceived notion that the set was too difficult to acquire, the 5 BP booby prize, and the double requirement of the Bad 3 Quests, tech, scout, acquire.

There was some fun and educational postings about the best strategy to employ in this Event.

Finished the Event with 2 Lanterns left. Scored the set and an SoK, 60 FP, RK, Store. I'm fine with my outcome, but I think I could have scored two more SoK if i had played this properly.

Which for me would have been to determine if I was chasing a set or SoK/HoF. Then focused on that. For the set, patience and opening only small chests, higher chance of eventually hitting the 2 needed pieces. For the SoK/HoF do the large chests, better consolation prizes if you miss on the faily prize.

I wound up opening 15 large chests and 2 small ones. I did not do the final Daily Quest, I did win 2 200 Lantern prizes, so my yield of Lanterns not from chests was around 1450 Lanterns.

I think this was a first class Event. 2 Quest lines and the set concept were top notch ideas. Players had a decent shot at winning Good Prizes. The daily Prizes were first rate. The large chest 5 BP booby prize was my only serious objection.

Well done INNO.

Last edited:

DeletedUser18177

The question is, Will they allow us to have a chance at all the buildings in the daily prize. They make seem as if the Gong is special and will not be offered as a regular building.

DeletedUser18177

Just some info:

The set will have 2 residential buildings that will require road connections and they are on opposite sides. The attack benefit per set is 5% not 3%.
4 of the pieces in the set have been a daily prize and offer a fair chance to get them (with diamonds). The Gong has only been given at the end of the quest line and as a grand prize in beta but its not over yet.

DeletedUser27849

Is there anyway we can get the amount of production and how much of a boost is for each building. The ? I have will these building really be worth it for that much space that is needed.

DeletedUser26847

With regard to the defense boost, I find that it needs to apply to the attacking forces more so than the defending ones. Attack boost is great for Artillery and Ranged. For the close-combat troops the defense boost would be helpful. I don't see the benefit in using the defense boost if it only applies to defending from PvP attacks. This also goes for the Tavern bonus, as I know of very few people who have even tried it and none that used it more than once.