• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event - The Cherry Blossom Festival Feedback

DeletedUser8152

How are cherry trees placed, randomly or by polishing/motivating. Hopefully NOT randomly as this leave many out and some with ship loads.
So far seems to me that you get a tree for every quest you do, and maybe one more when you collect town hall?

DeletedUser8420

Cassaundrea! You're going to hurt Inno's feelings. They put that PRIZE in the chest especially for YOU, since they know how much you've LOVED winning BLUEPRINTS in the past.
Can I say take long walk off short pier? :cool: HUMMMM????:p

qaccy

Once again the creative geniuses at INNO come up with a totally useless list of "prizes" and the same old boring and repetitive quests which are't really quests but tasks. How many players beyond the iron age has the space to waste on the entire set. Additionally No matter how many thousands of times people have asked the wizards of smart to provide better visibility on items such as cherry trees u still can't find the darn things easily. Last years Easter event was much better! If it ain't broke don't fix it INNO.

Your opinions are all wrong. There, I said it! All the big events like this are essentially the same, There is no substantial difference between this event and Easter except a different coat of paint on the whole thing. Unless you can name something specific instead of just needless foaming at the mouth?

i2McAbre

For some reason (since the 1.97 update) load times are horrible. I cannot get the Spring Event to load no matter what I do or how long I wait. It's not my connection and "could" be my laptop (MS did another Insider Push the other day, but everything else is fine).

Any suggestions?

Darkbox

Here it is! A new event with tons of new items! So we'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.
Your Forge of Empires Team

Well done Inno, the idea of having sets as reward for events is good and I like it.
This one seems well balanced and should accommodate both farmers and fighters.

Will the other buildings be turned into a set too? Thinking about Masquerade Ball + Balloon Site + Aviary etc? They all seem to be from the same era and it would be good to bunch them in a set.

That being said:
  • GE rewards are horrible - Ritual flames? Gates of the sun God? Extra turns? Pfft!
  • Lag at calc time still sucks. - Stopped caring about it a while ago, as GVG died after the last changes made by InnoGames gods.
  • Hood balancing is horrendous. - Power leveling GBs is taking good care of BPs hunting, it's a shame not everyone can do it though.
  • AF and OF goods in treasuries are still useless. - Stopped believing in godly miracles, Innogames gods turned out to be mere humans, and stubborn.
  • And so on...

DeletedUser6120

Just started the Cherry Blossom Festival Event, and I love it! The new buildings are beautiful and exotic, colorful and elaborate, a welcome addition to my cities, just as the recent Venice Carnival was. The Far Eastern motif is gorgeous, and I am glad to see some color and elaborate beauty come into Forge of Empires. While the general run of the mill buildings in FoE are elaborate and detailed, they also have tended to be drab and dark and uninteresting. The designers are showing more imagination in the last couple of events: “roses” for the Venice Carnival, for example, and “oriental lanterns” for the Cherry Blossom Festival.

I really like the new function of the new event buildings not only having their own produced value, but having additional values if they are placed together. A fabulous idea! A great incentive to try to get all of them. I also like how some of the buildings are rewarded for doing quests, and for completing the quest cycle. Things seem to be more balanced in this event, so that it seems likely that more players will be able to get some or all of the buildings. This is an excellent incentive to entice people to play in the event.

I like the “burst” of cherry blossoms when you get a reward----it is just visually striking. Also I love the cherry blossom trees that are appearing in the grounds around the city. The trees are colorful and beautiful, but also stand out well against the background of the city land area. This was a problem with the Apple trees that appeared in a previous event---the apple trees tended to blend in too well with the other trees that were just a part of the background. It was sometimes hard to find them, and visually it was tiring when you did it day after day. No such problem with the cherry trees---they are not only beautiful to look at but stand out so you have no problem finding them.

The lovely oriental lady who introduces the quests-----are we going to get her as an avatar, by any chance? That would be terrific!

DeletedUser28015

So I was expecting that white(?) trees would be a lot easier to see but they are the same color as the rocks so when they are placed next to rocks (which seems often) I will miss them if I'm not very careful. :oops:

How about next event we collect flashing neon blue arrows?

The trees are pink ... they're cherry blossoms.

DeletedUser28015

lemur

"Research a Technology"

And with that annoying quest from InnoGames, my event ends on the first day.

You clowns wouldn't need to create cornucopian fantasy ages like "Arctic Future" or "Oceanic Future" if you would only stop pressuring players to advance on the Tech Tree.

ViceroySr

Near the end, there is a "quest" to activate a boost in a friend's tavern. How do you do that?? Anyone got an idea?

DeletedUser8420

"Research a Technology"

And with that annoying quest from InnoGames, my event ends on the first day.

You clowns wouldn't need to create cornucopian fantasy ages like "Arctic Future" or "Oceanic Future" if you would only stop pressuring players to advance on the Tech Tree.
Never complete any tech item that dead ends and then use them to complete these tech quests. I just went back and completed one of the industrial age ones and will do so again when it pops up yet again in the second round of bonus quests in the event.

DeletedUser8420

Near the end, there is a "quest" to activate a boost in a friend's tavern. How do you do that?? Anyone got an idea?

Go into your tavern...then tavern shop and click on one of the items. Most produce a boost of some sort. Cheapest one is coin boost for 200 silver

DeletedUser26120

Will emperor's entrance come up again? I opened 6 or 7 chests but missed out on it.

OldTyme72

Yes. They will come back....

I didn't read all 5 pages but damn...make the prizes you HAVE to win to complete the set a little better % wise. If youre going to force us to win them then at least make it a little easier.

PS: I guess it's part of the Inno game though. Make them spend diamonds. Seems to be the new Inno way.

OldTyme72

PSS: Remember when the Easter event used to be cool? You know.With eggs & stuff & good prizes?
Now it's a stressful situation.