• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event - The Cherry Blossom Festival Feedback

DeletedUser11463

This looks like a great event. The combination for items is awesome and I believe it was a suggestion a while back when the soccer field and stands came out. And where else can you find random pink bushes scattered around a city? I've seen light bushes and dark bushes but never pink ones.

DeletedUser26120

Yeah definitely under pressure to win Emperor's Entrance and Nishi Pond.

I enjoy the concept and look forward to having the buildings but you're right, would be major bummer to miss out on those 2 in event. Likely won't get another chance for a year.

For sure leverage to get players to spend.

DeletedUser8420

yeah I opened 7+ chests thus far and have gotten crap for the effort....grrrrrr......really burned when I got those 5 blueprints....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

gemstonemine

I love the spring event!.....but I need medals and blue prints like I need a hole in my head...for 84 forge points and 175,000 +supplies (to build)o_O:confused::( .....but I won't give up I want these awesome buildings.

DeletedUser26680

Hey, does anyone know... does the Grand Prize in the event change or do we have to claim it before we can move to the next one?

ODragon

I just learned the hard way you can click on places other than the bar with the price and purchase a chest. That was a very unhappy surprise.

Ticket submitting. Clicked the background flag attempting to click the question mark box.

Be careful!

Last edited:

DeletedUser6120

I was just told something about the event that, if it turns out to be true, I do not like at all. I had thought that the "Grand Prize" would change periodically, just like the "Daily Prize". Similar to the way that it has worked with other earlier events. But I was informed by Support that the "Grand Prize" will not change until you win it. regardless of how long that takes. Now, I won the first "Grand Prize" that appeared on the event playboard, the Sakura Rock (the big cherry tree). When I won it, it was replaced by a Shrine---which I don't want, and would not bother to gamble any lanterns on. So, even though I don't want that prize, it will sit there, day after day, until I spend enough lanterns to get it to change? Who came up with that totally ridiculous idea? It means that once you reach a Grand Prize that you don't want, your participation in the event grinds to a halt? So during the event, you will only have a chance at one or two Grand Prizes, instead of being offered a variety of prizes as the event progresses. And won't that really reduce the possibility of getting all the buildings in the "Cherry Blossom Garden" group? Frankly, that stinks! The event got off to such a terrific start, so it was a real disappointment to learn this.

Algona

I was just told something about the event that, if it turns out to be true, I do not like at all. I had thought that the "Grand Prize" would change periodically, just like the "Daily Prize". Similar to the way that it has worked with other earlier events. But I was informed by Support that the "Grand Prize" will not change until you win it. regardless of how long that takes. Now, I won the first "Grand Prize" that appeared on the event playboard, the Sakura Rock (the big cherry tree). When I won it, it was replaced by a Shrine---which I don't want, and would not bother to gamble any lanterns on. So, even though I don't want that prize, it will sit there, day after day, until I spend enough lanterns to get it to change? Who came up with that totally ridiculous idea? It means that once you reach a Grand Prize that you don't want, your participation in the event grinds to a halt? So during the event, you will only have a chance at one or two Grand Prizes, instead of being offered a variety of prizes as the event progresses. And won't that really reduce the possibility of getting all the buildings in the "Cherry Blossom Garden" group? Frankly, that stinks! The event got off to such a terrific start, so it was a real disappointment to learn this.

Awesome. It's not often you see someone who doesn't want an SoK. I salute you! I think I understand though. I've got four pieces of the puzzle and I suspect that getting the fifth one will be damn tough, sure wish it was the second Grand Prize.

I think I made a bad mistake. I should have not tried for the SoK Daily Prize, I should have waited for the Pond, my missing piece, to come around as the daily Prize. As in so many other cases in FoE, patience is a virtue...

I had hoped the Grand Prize cost would not escalate so that folk would have a reasonable chance at getting more then 2.

First cut at this : 50 to start, around 200 Lanterns from Town Hall, 950 from Quests, and a guess of 2 Lanterns per tree or 90 Lanterns. So call it 1,300. 11 Chests, or 2 Grand Prizes not including hitting 200 Lanterns in your chests. Hitting 4(?) x 200s will get you a third Grand Prize. Wonder what it will be? Pond I hope.

Good luck to all.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26154

Gold chests #3 and #4.

gold chest 3.png gold chest 4.png

Then the Grand Prize.

Grand prize after 4 gold chests.png

I have two already, and need only three more to make the set.

2 down 3 to go.png

Here's where I'm at with the quests.

Heres where im at.png

Go for the Gold Chests.

images (1).jpg

You get the best prizes that way.

DeletedUser27023

Spent a bit to get the bonus lanterns and spent what I had earned from the quests. Below are the results of opening gold chests. I guess the odds were close. Was hoping to get 2 SoK but knowing Inno, I wasn't surprised:

1 SoK 25%
3 Store Building 15%
1 One-Story Pagoda 10%
1 Blueprints (5) 10%
1 Reno Kit 8%
1 Spring Lanterns (200) 12%

As mentioned in an earlier post, when I hit 80 Cherry Blossoms, It automatically changed to 80/120 with an SoK displayed. I'm currently at 100/120. I'm also beginning to wonder if any of the event buildings are further down the grand prize chain?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27023

Okay, I can now report that after the second grand prize of an SoK, it went back to 0/120 and now there is a Wishing Well displayed. I think this bodes well for the notion that maybe there isn't an event building in the grand prize chain.

Edit: Just dawned on me that by Inno making the SoK available as both the daily prize and one of the grand prizes, they are likely trying to entice players into steamrolling through the tasks in order to earn and spend lanterns. The problem there is that it's very likely that the remaining buildings will be made available later in the event. If you are out of lanterns though, you will be forced to buy them or go without. Not sure if any of you have looked at the price of these lanterns to buy with diamonds but they are the most expensive event currency I have seen in the game. To buy 2000 lanterns, they want 8300 diamonds. That works out to about $60. I'm all about supporting the game but that is just gouging. I'm sure they are anticipating selling a lot of lanterns when people run out. SAVE YOUR LANTERNS!

DeletedUser27023

Holy hell. Dare I ask how much it would cost to get to the 5th prize? i mentioned that the Wishing Well displayed 0/120. Does it start over with every prize after?

DeletedUser20367

They're all 0/120.

Decided to spend some hoarded diamonds yesterday and get the Entrance on all worlds. Most weren't too bad. Got it free on 1 and with the first 350 lantern purchase on every other world except 2. One took another 350 but the other one took 23 Gold chests before I won it. Guess I used up a bunch of people's bad luck there. :D

DeletedUser8420

Guess what I got from the first gold chest I opened? BLUEPRINTS. I'll say it for you: it serves me right ;)
I know your pain...

ok as far as grand prize, yes it sits there until you win it...but, you can only win it if you open chests. So just wait till you see something in the chest you want then go for it. The number of cherry blooms/lanterns will add up to grand prize eventually and yes it normally resets upon winning it.

I am another one that doesn't really want another shrine. I have a gob of those little guys already in my city. I have over 100 million coin sitting in my coffers as well as other buildings that produce fps...and I contribute regularly to gbs...so SOK aren't that necessary for me.

I do want at least one set of the new buildings...so I will continue on with the event. I have actually almost completed the main quest line so waiting for bonus quests. Thus holding from buying chest till I see needed building being offered.