• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Day 2020 Event Feedback

DeletedUser25252

Please leave any questions you have, and any feedback on the event here in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kranyar the Mysterious

No daily specials. Lame prizes in the chests. Grand prize after finishing every third city. And most importantly... more boring than Vikings.

NO THANKS!

For the first time ever I'm not only NOT going to complete an event, but I'm not even going to start it. Not in any of my cities.

Good luck to those that give it a try though, I hope you enjoy it. May I suggest you very carefully read the 76 page manual here first (and take notes), so that you don't totally destroy any chance you have of successfully completing the event with a fully leveled set on the very first day?

UBERhelp1

Lemme sum up the best strat for everyone.
  1. Have no life (RQers are already here :p)
  2. Get a good mouse that won't break after being clicked thousands of times.
  3. Get clamps to hold open your eyes so you don't fall asleep.
  4. Don't buy any managers, just click to start your productions! You will be winning prizes in record time!
  5. Please read the terms and conditions below.

Please consult a doctor before starting this strategy. I am not responsible for anyone seriously hurting themselves by actually following this. Best of luck with the event. Still thinking I'm going to dip on this one.

The Lady Redneck

Menace I am sorry I will not be doing this event. Someone (looking above) suggested an Event thread watching party. I said I would make pizza for everyone. We still need folks to bring the beer, get the grill going and bring icecream. But I do think it will be "fun"

smokinwrek

How many quests are there actually going to be? The announcement says:

"There are 56 quests to complete, 35 rush quests, and then 1 quest for each day of the event."

However, given that it also states that it's running from Feb. 20 - March 10, it doesn't add up:
35 + 20 does not equal 56.

Kranyar the Mysterious

How many quests are there actually going to be? The announcement says:

"There are 56 quests to complete, 35 rush quests, and then 1 quest for each day of the event."

However, given that it also states that it's running from Feb. 20 - March 10, it doesn't add up:
35 + 20 does not equal 56.
Good Catch. Maybe they counted February 30th. lol

Triopoly Champion

No daily specials. Lame prizes in the chests. Grand prize after finishing every third city. And most importantly... more boring than Vikings.

NO THANKS!

For the first time ever I'm not only NOT going to complete an event, but I'm not even going to start it. Not in any of my cities.

Good luck to those that give it a try though, I hope you enjoy it. May I suggest you very carefully read the 76 page manual here first (and take notes), so that you don't totally destroy any chance you have of successfully completing the event with a fully leveled set on the very first day?
St. Patrick's Day Event is only good for people who are able to count over 1 Quadrillion, thus very minority.

DeletedUser34109

the whole thing is beyond dumb. Inno has already made this game a chore to play, now they are introducing an event that takes more time than its worth, and a crappy grand prize after all your troubles. I have never not gotten the max building from an event in 5 years, and like the first poster, I am not even gonna bother with this one.

RazorbackPirate

DO WE HAVE A LIST FOR THE NEW EVENT IF SO WHERE DO I GET IT PLEASE THANSK
First, there's no need to scream. Turn your cap lock off.

Second, yes. There is, but it resides on the 'Wiki That Shall Not be Named', the same 'Wiki That Shall Not be Named' that has always provided the event quest lines. However, new Inno forum rules prevent us from providing a link, or even speaking of the name directly. Any links to this non Inno site immediately removed. I am sure there are search engines that can help, unfortunately, we cannot.

WinnerGR

Lemme sum up the best strat for everyone.
  1. Have no life (RQers are already here :p)
  2. Get a good mouse that won't break after being clicked thousands of times.
  3. Get clamps to hold open your eyes so you don't fall asleep.
  4. Don't buy any managers, just click to start your productions! You will be winning prizes in record time!
  5. Please read the terms and conditions below.

Please consult a doctor before starting this strategy. I am not responsible for anyone seriously hurting themselves by actually following this. Best of luck with the event. Still thinking I'm going to dip on this one.
I would disagree. You should by managers though apart from that like Uber is summarizing it is a boring event that does not give the best rewards .

( my view )

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

The set does look interesting, but I see no clear way to even a single level 2 set. You need to use your pots of gold to complete enough tasks for the 'touchdown' reward, but you also need to use them to open chests. Either way there seems to be no way to do it, using a combination of both seems even worse.

While the size is the same as a Terrace Farm, and the level 2 stats far better, it requires 3 road tiles minimum, where the few TFs I have left only a single tile touching them. As it stands today, I see no place to fit the new set in my city without a major redesign, I'm not sure it's worth the effort to chase something I don't see myself using right away.

No daily specials, no clear path to a level 2 without diamonds, lots of gindy grind effort for something I can't fit right now, I'm seriously considering sitting this one out. It will be the first time since I started playing, but I'm thinking, "why bother?" I liked that in previous events, I could finish the rush quests in the first week, then have just one quest a day, minimal effort through the end of the event.

This one seems to force you to have heavy engagement running cities through the entire event regardless of quest line progression. No bueno.