• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Day 2020 Event Feedback

DeletedUser30312

Well, I got the needed tasks done in my main city last night and the final quest wasn't at all difficult so I the pieces for a fully upgraded set. I'm going to see if I can finish off this city and grab some chests later. I had about 1.5 quadrillion shamrocks in my city about an hour ago with my festival producing a bit under 900 billion per cycle, so I'll see if I can hit the amount to move on which is something like 8.4Q IIRC. There's 250 PoGs left so I should be able to grab 3 chests with that. I have only 1/25 tasks for the next prize so I doubt I'll be able to win it, but it's only a WW shrink so I don't care. But it came close and I still maintain success was due to a good amount of luck which can't really be relied upon. My secondary city might be able to win the full set too if I can complete two more tasks that just require enough idle production to finish them before the event ends.

RazorbackPirate

In both of my cities, I ended up having to spend a few hundred diamonds to purchase the PoGs needed to clear several manager quests to get the final selection kit needed to complete a full level 2 set. That does not sit well with me.

I logged in every day, completed all the quests, collected every incident each day, spent PoGs only on the required managers in each city, and a single set of chests in between each city, and still came up short. That does not sit well with me.

While I've never had a problem with events requiring a specific strategy to complete a full main prize, even selecting the correct strategy, I still came up short, not having gotten enough PoGs through the RNG dependent incidents. That does not sit well with me.

Even though the diamonds used were collected for free, having to use diamonds to complete the main prize, free or not, does not sit well with me.

Early reports from Beta show the Spring Event shaping up the same way. Not enough event currency granted from completing the event quests, a fully upgraded building only possible if we're lucky and get enough extra lanterns from cherry tree incidents for a fully upgraded main prize. That does not sit well with me.

With everything added to the game over the last year, more and more time is required to effectively participate in all aspects of the game, and now the trend is shaping up that we'll be forced to spend diamonds to gain a maxed out event prize. That does not sit well with me.

This event has been, by far, the worst event Inno has done in my 2+ years of playing. For me, Inno has burned though a large amount of accumulated 'trust' equity with this event. It seems they're determined to burn the rest of it with the Spring Event. That does not sit well with me.

Once that trust equity is gone, and we're being forced to spend premium currency to get a fully upgraded main event prize, that will have crossed a line for me. If Inno chooses to cross that line, I'm out. Having spent 2+ years developing my cities won't matter. I'll be out. And that will sit well with me.

DeletedUser27301

This supports what I sent to INNO and they also asked me to also post here which I did. You make a good point about the constant clicking which does cause repetitive strain injury to the joints, which has been mentioned before with things like aiding and tavern visiting which should both have an 'aid all' and 'visit all' button, but will they listen?

Agreed there as well. I enjoy the settlements too, but also wish there wasn't so much clicking involved with that either. All things combined, it's quite a strain physically.

@Emberguard I was well aware of the max button, but personally, in order for me to get through this event, the mini-game required constant babysitting to get through the cities as quickly as possible. Every level had to be clicked the instant it was available. I waited until I was done the event to submit feedback, and in spite of really being on top of it, I barely finished a day early and that honestly was largely thanks to getting lucky with pots of gold from incidents. If I'd routinely waited to max levels in bulk, I don't think I would have finished the event, so that's where my complaint about the excessive clicking is coming from.

Just some extra thoughts on the event, I think the sets should always be able to be obtained with some effort during events without spending money (and this is coming from someone who does spend small amounts occasionally). Extra sets should be attainable if someone wants to spend a moderate amount, I didn't for the winter event, but I think if I'd bought $20 worth of diamonds I'd have had another train with that, easily. For this event it would probably take hundreds to obtain a second Celtic Forest set, and it's no surprise that none of the top players I checked in the world I'm in bothered getting multiple sets of this, but you'll see they have 3, 4, 5 trains, multiple Olympic Treasuries. They obviously spend, have spent recently, but this event was obviously not worth it to them, most don't even have one of the sets. Kind of telling that it wasn't even worth it to many IAP players to spend diamonds to speed up the event.

RazorbackPirate

It's no surprise that none of the top players I checked in the world I'm in bothered getting multiple sets of this, but you'll see they have 3, 4, 5 trains, multiple Olympic Treasuries. They obviously spend, have spent recently, but this event was obviously not worth it to them, most don't even have one of the sets. Kind of telling that it wasn't even worth it to many IAP players to spend diamonds to speed up the event.
The only thing that would have enticed the players you describe above is something that included a massive attack boost, which this set does not. It had nothing to do with the cost to get a second one, without the only thing they want, it's going to the AD.

That's true of every event building since I've been playing. If it ain't attack, and it ain't huge, it's trash ... blah, blah, blah.

The Lady Redneck

I had already experienced the Event on Beta so was over the "What the Heck!!" stage, when it started here. On Beta I ended up thinking it was extremely boring, and simply stopped about 2/3 of the way through. Then I thought maybe I was being slightly unfair so set out to finish it in my cities here. I gave up out of sheer unmitigated boredom in 5 of them but forced myself to finish it in one. I Spent no diamonds, got it finished, got the set. Will never build it as I am not a fan of bitty sets. The greatest pleasure I will get from this Event will come the moment I dump the last piece in the AD.

DeletedUser38226

Odd. Dumping the event buildings at the antique dealer seems unproductive, whether you liked the event or not.

I was close to a full level 2 set without diamonds, and spent the diamonds to add certainty to getting it. Picked up a few other toys as a fringe benefit. Haven't decided its place in the grand scheme of things. It probably isn't going to change the game for the better, but not highly undesirable either.

I seem to value different things than many other players. Not a top player, and that's fine. Only one world--real life is complicated. Games are supposed to be a distraction.

Tedious to obtain, and that makes it a little too much like work.

I prefer the events make max grand prizes obtainable without diamonds as well, but no challenge, not so interesting.

Zatrikon

I spent no diamonds at all on this event and was able to get 8 of the "bits" needed for the Celtic Garden set - which means a complete set with 3 of the 5 buildings upgraded to level 2. If my strategy had been a bit different, it's possible I might have gotten 9, but I doubt it. And it seems very unlikely that I'll get any more in the few hours remaining.

It seemed like there really was never enough pots of gold to satisfy the manager upgrade tasks, let alone to buy the chests at the end of each town.

Zatrikon

I'm thinking there should have been some reward for completing each of the tasks - something more that just getting 1/25 of the way to the next reward. Even if it was something small, like 10 pots of gold. That would have helped a lot,

WiseOdin

I'm thinking there should have been some reward for completing each of the tasks - something more that just getting 1/25 of the way to the next reward. Even if it was something small, like 10 pots of gold. That would have helped a lot,
There were absolutely no worthwhile prizes. I think 50 Forge Points was all I got excited about.

I just accidentally spent shamrocks not realizing I've got mere hours until the event ends. So now I'll have to stay up until five in the morning, to collect chests (looks like I'm not collecting those chests). When a mistake will literally ruin the event, it's not worth playing. Events should be fun to boost activity. Not a way to punish players that are playing their own style. I could care less about what I'd get from those chests (the entire event has been unrewarding). It's the point that accidents are completely unforgiving on this event and that you need to follow a guide step by step that infuriates me. This event was a waste of time, energy, and time I probably should have been productive at work during.

DeletedUser25590

I have been playing this game for over 5 years and this is the second event in a row now that I have not been able to get a full upgraded event set :( It just looks like you want me to spend diamonds to get a upgraded set. There is no point me playing this game any longer if I can't even get the full upgraded set , even when I play every Day ! many members in our guild are saying the same thing. Is this game only for people that spend diamonds now ?? Wow - what is going on Inno ?

DeletedUser25590

I have 280 pots of gold left. It cost 500 Gold to open the next box reward - 500 !! I'm at 4/6 to get another Celtic Forest Selection Kit. Not sure what the 5/6 would cost - This is crazy. I'm in SAM age - End game. This set is worth nothing to me when it's not fully upgradeable. Will I have to buy it now in the Antigues Dealer ? such a scam for a free to play game. Very unHappy with the GAME.

mamboking053

Should have been fewer cities, and longer cities or the cities should have been different. Something should have been different after completing each section.

Didn't mind the switch on how prizes are won- actually found it pretty interesting and refined. You can no longer mass-grab a bunch of the items you want, causing a sort of inflation in inventory, but you have a chance to get what you want and you don't know when that chance is going to come up. I like it.

I like the idea of the fully leveled event building not being guaranteed, and a learning curve for the event, but I also think there should be more room for error if the player has to figure out what they are supposed to be doing.

Uninspired, dull, repetitive clicking. It felt a little like accounting...

Archaeology Event was both simpler and superior- a good model. For lack of a better term, I going to say it knew how to pace players "points-of-interaction" into an interesting mechanic (in that event it was self-paced so you could chose when you wanted to sit down and progress your event instead of being clock-whipped) where your decisions had both meaning and risk- and the atmosphere was great. By points-of-interaction I mean how many times the player is forced to interact with the event. The book quest I felt was a bit of a goose chase, but it was an optional goose chase and didn't demand the player spend more time with the event. But even so, the book quests were not dull and repetitive, but offered variety and a bit more strategy to how you played them.

Overall, it was a great effort. It had a really polished look, but the actual experience was lacking. I dare say, I will have more fun- and genuine fun- watching my paper frog leap across lily-pads this spring. But I realize how hard it is to come up with good ideas. Thank you for trying.

Last edited:

Zatrikon

I think this is the only event where I was not able to get the full set, except for events where I simply didn't have time to play, or made some big mistake. I fully played this one, and if I made a mistake, I don't know what it was.

In my two worlds, I completed an equal amount of towns, and it looks like I'll end with 9/25 tasks on one and 14/25 on the other. Or 25/38 and 29/38.

Last edited:

Algona

Even if it was something small, like 10 pots of gold.

Like the basic idea, the amount seems too high.

10 PoGs per Task meant every player could have made an additional 380 PoGs per city iteration.

That means players would have gotten some combination of doing a lot more Tasks and doing cities a lot faster.

There were absolutely no worthwhile prizes.

Eye of the beholder. Due to a silly mistake I made I got only a couple SOs for each city in the last Event so SO was pretty cool. 50 FP was huge for my startup, for my other two cities, I;d have preferred RKs or 1ups. I hear some folk like WWs and SWWs. and even SoKs and Tactician Towers.

And the Forest thingie is pretty saucy.

When a mistake will literally ruin the event

While I agree that mistakes are too easy to make* I don't agree that one mistake can 'ruin' the Event. You;d have to make multiple mistakes to not get to the reasonably acceptable Prize of a complete lvl 1 set with Moon and Rings upgraded.

*INNO does too: In Event Tutorial, link to instructional video and a reminder of the Event ending mailed to each player.

Will I have to buy it now in the Antigues Dealer ? such a scam for a free to play game

? Wow - what is going on Inno ?

I think that INNO made the mistake in design such that players can easily make enough mistakes that will cost a full lvl 2 set. They made another mistake, they didn't realize how many players would overvalue a full lvl 2 set or undervalue a partial level 2 set.

DeletedUser36145

As I have written before, for me this was the worst event, since I started playing.
I got the full set and even a selection kit extra without spending diamonds, but that doesn't change the fact that the event was boring and too time consuming.
Playing the game was not fun, but rather a second job, and an unpaid one as well, so I dearly hope that this type of event never shows up again.
The set, although a good fp producer, is nothing special and generally worthless for a city that already produces around 600 fps a day and there were no other valuable prizes whatsoever. Only a handful of junk, that will feed the AD for a couple of days.
The thing that disappointed me the most is the fact, that in spite of the tons of negative feedback on all the forums, the Facebook, etc. Inno did nothing to change the event or at least the prizes. I know that this is their game and profit is most important, but as a customer, I believe that customers should be treated better.
I am not to quit the game over one bad event, because anyone can make a mistake, but two or three in a raw may do it, so I remain looking towards the upcoming spring event with hope but with a little critical approach too.

DeletedUser32973

I have a feeling it was too late for Inno to change the event. It was either release or skip an event period entirely.

It wasn’t that bad imo, but there was definitely room for improvement. On all 3 cities that I did the event in I maxed out the full set without spending diamonds. However, I do see why a lot of people are falling short. The constraints are much tighter on this event than others.

There were strategies to avoid the event being a grind while also achieving the max set. Unfortunately I think it required some research and planning that a lot of people aren’t willing to do.

Algona

Feedback to INNO:

Your biggest mistake: the minigame was too easy too screw up without knowing in detail bow the minigame UI worked as well as what goals to work towards in each iteration of the mingame and required having an overall Event strategy in place ALL BEFORE STARTING THE MINIGAME.

You knew that though,didn't you? Beta feedback, the in Event tutorial, mass messaging of the instructional video? It was not enough; too many competent players were not able to finish the Event with the full Event prize.

The Tasks concept was fine with the exception of having the Tasks hidden made deciding whether to complete Tasks and in what order into a guessing game, Pretty sure most are here to play a strategy game.

QuestLines were fine. Excellent Event Prize, no Daily Prizes instead we got Task Prizes.

As they were, the Task Prizes were at best mediocre because we couldn't skip undesired ones or focus on desired ones, we got whatever you wanted to shove our way. Prizes for the Tasks could have been selectable from a range of Prizes for each Task. You'd get feedback on what the players want and the players get what they want

Task Prizes should encourage us to complete Tasks, not demotivate us.

My personal notes follow:

One noteworthy observation while there were a few that enjoyed the minigame, there were a lot fewer then some other Events.

Observed gripes broke down into not liking the mingame, how easy the minigame was to screw up, not liking the Task Ptizes and or the Chest Prizes, amount of PoGs available, the randomness of Incident PoGs, not thinking the Forest was a good prize, not having Daily Prizes. Pretty much a normal gamut of complaints for any Event

As noted above, the hugh number (and validity) of complaints about how easy the mingame was to screw up was unusal.

Satisfied with my results. 9, 9, 10 piece Forests, no Diamonds spent, nor was I tempted to spend to get the last upgrade. Got one 9 with the last 100 PoGs given at the last reset this evening. Dunno why folk thought Forest was not a good prize, I'm quite happy to replace a TF in two cities and it's a fine addition to the startup.

This Event Prize was unusual in that a full lvl 1 set with a moon and rings upgrade is not significantly worse then the full lvl 2 set.

Picked up a much wanted SO for each city. Other decent some not so wanted prizes.

Played three different techniques, results were pretty much the same, the reason why two cities missed: Experimental eventually adopted the conventional 4 x 32 task strategy, was the first city I played the minigame and made way too many mistakes (NOTE TO SELFL Next time a new mingame hots, check the spoilers before starting) to recover completely from.

Main ran a slightly faster version trying for 5+ cities and as many tasks as possible. I made a couple bad decisions and did not get anywhere near the Incident PoGs the other two got.

Startup I ran as many iterations as fast as I could to start, not spending any PoGs on Chests then switched when I got to the point where I could PoG Chests and finish with a normal city and still get the complete upgrade set.

Seems like any reasonable strategy had a decent chance to get there if implemented at the start and few mistakes were made.

I did not like the minigame, Having to do 'Tasks' to grind my way towards an undesired 'Task Prize' in order to get to Prizes I wanted sucked, Biggest reason I didnt like the minigame though was it seemed like it required play for specific amounts of time at specific intervals to maximize results combiuned with having to do multiple iterations. Hmmm, tasks at specific times for specific durations. Sounds way too much like a job.

Funny thoughh, I enjoyed Archaeology and Library and they required a lot more time playing the minigame.

Obv, obv, fobv, blowing stuff up is more fun then building. :D

Overall, the Event Prize is a fine addition to all my cities but I will not be distraught if I never see this minigame or unselectable unabortable Task Prizes again.

One of the least enjoyable Events to play I can remember.

Last edited: