• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Day 2020 Event Feedback

ODragon

I would suggest doing all the tasks you can. Just spend the pots on the managers for the tasks. Try to get all 38 tasks done before moving on. You probably will before getting 8.3 Quadrillion shamrocks anyway.

No way... I'm at over 13.7Q collected total with 3 quests left, not including collecting the 8.3Q needed to finish. I think getting quests to come up efficiently is something I need to work on more next town. Now, it's just a matter of waiting for the 5T per boat to be converted 4T at a time...

To proceed to the next town, do you need to have collected 8.4Q, or to current;y have 8.4Q?

Sadly, it's currently have.

RazorbackPirate

No way... I'm at over 13.7Q collected total with 3 quests left, not including collecting the 8.3Q needed to finish. I think getting quests to come up efficiently is something I need to work on more next town. Now, it's just a matter of waiting for the 5T per boat to be converted 4T at a time...
In my first city, I'm just waiting to collect the needed number of shamrocks to move on. I will leave only the Fireworks to level 75 quest uncompleted. I brought it to level 65, in hindsight, level 50 would have been just fine, allowing me to finish a few hours earlier.

No matter, the goal is to complete 4 cities, buy one set of chests in between, completing the last set of 25 for the last kit in the 5th city. While there may be time for another city, there won't be PoG unless I spend diamonds for more.

I kind of like having one day of high activity, then one or two days just waiting for shamrocks. That gave me ample time to complete enough quests to gather the PoG needed to open the first set of chests. I expect by the time we get to the daily quests, there will be time to finish even the Fireworks quest as I wait to gether enough PoG to open the chests on the way to the next town, then waiting again to get the needed managers.

Anyway, is what it is.

ODragon

In my first city, I'm just waiting to collect the needed number of shamrocks to move on. I will leave only the Fireworks to level 75 quest uncompleted. I brought it to level 65, in hindsight, level 50 would have been just fine, allowing me to finish a few hours earlier.

I am 7.44Q/16Q, 144/250 of upgrade and 50/75 fireworks. It will come but I agree, I may skip the fireworks one as well. One of my mistakes, which I realize now, was not seeing which managers to upgrade right away. I think that might have helped on speed a little bit, especially during the work and sleep time when more could have been done when I couldn't be doing anything.

Algona

I love this forum.

Between starting the Event after a wearying long night of work and not reading any spoilers and not looking at the video I...

...BTW. Maybe you need to look at Event design INNO if you need a video. I note you sent an in game message to me about the video, which makes me think I'm not the on;y one who ..

...was horribly confused (yes, I know, entirely my fault for not being prepared) on what the heck to do. Despite the 'introductory tutorial' starting the Event the interface for this Event is woefully lacking on any specifics on just what to do.

Trial and error is of course one way to dope things out for any player, the key word being dope. Which I am. Rumbling, stumbling, bumbling, fumbling* my way through the first couple hours on a caffeine jag was not one of the more enjoyable things I've done in this game.

After some much needed sleep the solution was obvious.

As always, whenever there is a problem understanding some aspect of this game, go to the forum.

And you guys delivered, as always.

So my thanks to all of you, your helpfulness helped me dope (always a dope!) out how to proceed with the Event.

You guys are the best. Thank you!

*Contemplate all the words that contain 'umble'. I once used 'The Curse of Umble' as part of a D&D campaign. The players developed quite the love / hate relationship with Umbling. In my case here, the Curse started with an 'H'.

Last edited:

Lankybrit

I've got 2 quests left. The 250 upgrade and 75 Fireworks one. On one world I'm 73/75 (Fireworks) and it costs 2.2Q to upgrade! No way. I've got enough Pots now on most of my 4 worlds to move on, so as soon as it gets to 8.4Q I will. 36/38 is not a bad point to move on IMHO.

Oh, my feedback is that the event is flawed.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Truly glad to see this because I like this St. Patrick's Day event so much.

Hard math for people like @Kranyar the Mysterious and allow players to advance to the next without finishing all the tasks, thus save some pot golds.
I'm glad you love the event and liked my post, though it kinda seems like a backhanded compliment.

Not sure what you are going on about hard math though. Nothing hard about it. I simply don't think that the time to reward ratio is worth the effort.

Last edited:

CherryButterfly

Sorry, thought I had updated for any with the same trouble. I just had to logout and back in, and everything was reset as I had left it.
Thanks.

DeletedUser6120

First, I want to say that I love St. Patrick's Day and I really loved the idea of it being a special event here. But after having played the event for awhile, I am not sure that it is really worth it. It seems like a lot of work and time invested to get a reward that might not really be worth it all the effort. Yes, the Celtic Forest is nice, but it is not that colorful, and does not seem to have any animation. And nothing about it really strikes me with the more fanciful images of St. Patrick's day: leprechauns, rainbows, etc. It's just a park. And I can go through my building menu and build any number of parks or gardens. For a prize that takes this much effort, I would have liked something more beautiful, with some color and animation.

IngeJones

Are there a finite number of towns? If I move on to the next towns too quickly will I run out of towns to move on to?

RazorbackPirate

@OutlawDon, other than post count, is there a reason you;re just coming in to quote the last few comments with no comment? Do you think we need to see each comment twice to read it once?

DeletedUser30791

Are there a finite number of towns? If I move on to the next towns too quickly will I run out of towns to move on to?
No. Not sure what you mean by too quickly but you should have at least 33 tasks completed before you move on.

IngeJones

I wish there was some indicator of how many of the tasks you've done in the town, or have remaining. I can't tell until suddenly the third task slot is empty.

DeletedUser30791

No, that's the one for how many more tasks till the next prize, not how many left for your current town. They're not the same thing. Edit: Oh if you open up the dropdown, then it tells you - at the bottom!
Click on the down arrow to the right of the 3 tasks