• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Day 2020 Event Feedback

DeletedUser40197

Actually 1900 PoG. Also, every round of chests after that in the same stage costs 1000 more than the previous, so 2900, 3900, etc. That's why you want to open one round of chests per city completed.
So your saying the cost goes up with each city?

DeletedUser40197

Cam anyone confirm that the cost to open 6 chests goes up after the completion of each town?

DeletedUser30791

Cam anyone confirm that the cost to open 6 chests goes up after the completion of each town?
The cost for the first 6 chests after each town is 1900 FOP. The cost only goes up if you open additional chests for the same town.

DeletedUser38506

I'll sum it up for everyone:

WORST EVENT EVER!!!!

whoever thought this event up should simply be kicked in the b@ll$. And if it was a woman who thought it up, I don't know, something else, but what ever it is, it should be painful.

Oh, and after they recover from the pain... fire them!!!

V

DeletedUser37725

Stay in the city only if there is a task that you can complete that finishes about the same time as you get your 8.4Q shamrocks, the tasks become progressively more difficult and eat into the 8.4Q you need to move so staying is counterproductive. The grand prizes and the number of task you have completed move with you. In your next city since all the buildings and managers start over the tasks are much easier to complete and thus get to the next grand prize.

Is it better to complete all tasks in a given town or complete only as many as needed to move onto the next town?

DeletedUser37725

Can anyone confirm that the cost to open 6 chests goes up after the completion of each town?
No, the chests cost the same amount, you get the first chest for free then each one of the remaining 5 you chose goes up in price. This is the price progression: Free, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000. Total is 1900 for all 6 chests . You can buy as many as you want from the 6.
In the next city you complete the chests are the the same price. I've completed 4 cities and it has been the same each time.
Edit: Thanks for Tazzmanic's correction to the progression, I also finished another city since first posting this message and confirmed these are the correct prices

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30791

No, the chests cost the same amount, you get the first chest for free then each one of the remaining 5 you chose goes up in price. I think this is the price progression: 50, 100, 150, 300, 500. or it might be 50,100, 300, 500, 500 not sure, I saw where people said it costs 1900 for all 6 chests but I have not found that to be the case.
In the next city you complete the chests are the the same price. I've completed 3 cities and it has been the same each time
Its 50, 100, 250, 500, 100 which is 1900 FOP.

DeletedUser37725

It appears to me you should focus initially on upgrading the festival and the ferry managers and building levels, to finish in a reasonable time you need level 250 level ferry and festival buildings and level 3 managers for these two, work them up gradually, the cost for the building upgrades is much less than the production buildings, pay attention to the next task and follow the tasks closely, don't over spend trying to upgrade a production build to the task level until you can easily cover it with the festival and ferry. Try to save upgrades to buildings when you have a task of upgrade buildings xxx times. The higher production buildings are most important because they produce exponentially more shamrocks, try to keep the 1st three at relatively low levels, only upgrade them if you have a task to upgrade them, then only do so if you need shams production increase. The trick is to balance your production rate with your ferry rate and festival output for best efficiency. You can't make more shams than the festival guy can sell nor the ferry can haul, so there is not much point in having large production unless you can haul and sell it. TO finish a city in about 8 hours takes festival and ferry managers of level 5 and their buildings a little above 250.
festival, ferry mgrs Level 5,
The only other manager at level 5 is the fireworks manager, the first 4 production buildings don't really add much to your 8.4Q shamrocks, you only need them to get started. Each building produces exponentially more shamrocks so Fireworks is the one you need to get build.
Note: use the Time Skip button to check your production rate and get an estimate of when your city will finish. Last comment: once you have 5 production buildings and get a task that says Upgrade Flowers/ Cake/any of them to XXX level be very careful, While it looks like you have plenty of shamrocks to make to complete the upgrade I have used ALL my shams trying to complete this task. It is very deceiving, The amount goes up in a linear fashion but increasing a number 75 times at 10% each time ends up being a very large number. It is fine to do this earlier in the city but towards the end it will lengthen the completion time. Best to not complete this task and go for the end.
Edit: 2-25-2020: Removed: To finish in less than 8 hours raise ferry and festival buildings to 300. Found this is not true, it takes longer to finish because the cost to raise the building to this level eats too many shamrocks and you must remake them. When the shams production rate is increase it is not fast enough to make up for the cost. Seems the sweet spot is ferry and festival at level 250.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30791

It appears to me you should focus initially on upgrading the festival and the ferry managers and building levels, to finish in a reasonable time you need level 250 level ferry and festival buildings and level 3 managers for these two, work them up gradually, the cost for the building upgrades is much less than the production buildings, pay attention to the next task and follow the tasks closely, don't over spend trying to upgrade a production build to the task level until you can easily cover it with the festival and ferry. Try to save upgrades to buildings when you have a task of upgrade buildings xxx times. The higher production buildings are most important because they produce exponentially more shamrocks, try to keep the 1st three at relatively low levels, only upgrade them if you have a task to upgrade them, then only do so if you need shams production increase. The trick is to balance your production rate with your ferry rate and festival output for best efficiency. You can't make more shams than the festival guy can sell nor the ferry can haul, so there is not much point in having large production unless you can haul and sell it. TO finish a city in about 8 hours takes festival and ferry managers of level 5 and their buildings a little above 250. To finish in less than 8 hours raise ferry and festival buildings to 300.
festival, ferry mgrs Level 5,
The only other manager at level 5 is the fireworks manager, the first 4 production buildings don't really add much to your 8.4Q shamrocks, you only need them to get started. Each building produces exponentially more shamrocks so Fireworks is the one you need to get build.
Note: use the Time Skip button to check your production rate and get an estimate of when your city will finish. Last comment: once you have 5 production buildings and get a task that says Upgrade Flowers/ Cake/any of them to XXX level be very careful, While it looks like you have plenty of shamrocks to make to complete the upgrade I have used ALL my shams trying to complete this task. It is very deceiving, The amount goes up in a linear fashion but increasing a number 75 times at 10% each time ends up being a very large number. It is fine to do this earlier in the city but towards the end it will lengthen the completion time. Best to not complete this task and go for the end.
The problem with that strategy is that you'll run out of POG well before you get the 7 kits needed for a lvl 2 set.

DeletedUser31434

I really like this event. I was getting pretty tired of passing footballs and spinning wheels; I hope that future events feature this level of thinking and meaningful interaction.

DeletedUser37350

I am unable to advance to the next city all of my tasks are complete. Please advise