• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Day 2020 Event Feedback

Emberguard

Actually 1900 PoG. Also, every round of chests after that in the same stage costs 1000 more than the previous, so 2900, 3900, etc. That's why you want to open one round of chests per city completed.

You can but you shouldn't unless you want to use diamonds. I think it is 1000FP more for each additional set.
Not 1,000 more, double of the last chest more

if you number each chest in order of sequence it’d look like this:
1-6
2-7
3-8
etc etc

First four chests cost:
1. free
2. 50
3. 100
4. 250
Every chest after it doubles in cost.

So following the pattern of doubled cost if you kept going #6 is 1k, #7 will be 2k, #8 will be 4k, #9 will be 8k, #10 will be 16k, #11 will be 32k etc etc

If you reset then the prices reset back to 0

now, thats way further then I got in testing, but it’s the cost I’d expect based on the chest price pattern on as far as what I and others reached for three rounds in a row

So if you were trying to buy a second set do it through the managers to speed everything up and maybe a second chest round inbetween. If you’re planning to only do chest round after round without resetting be prepared to have a price hike

Last edited:

DeletedUser30791

Not 1,000 more, double of the last chest more

if you number each chest in order of sequence it’d look like this:
1-6
2-7
3-8
etc etc

First four chests cost:
1. free
2. 50
3. 100
4. 250
Every chest after it doubles in cost.

So following the pattern of doubled cost if you kept going #6 is 1k, #7 will be 2k, #8 will be 4k, #9 will be 8k, #10 will be 16k, #11 will be 32k etc etc

If you reset then the prices reset back to 0

now, thats way further then I got in testing, but it’s the cost I’d expect based on the chest price pattern on as far as what I and others reached for three rounds in a row

So if you were trying to buy a second set do it through the managers to speed everything up and maybe a second chest round inbetween. If you’re planning to only do chest round after round without resetting be prepared to have a price hike
That's not the pattern. If you'd actually bought a set of chests you'd see the 1st chest of the 2nd set costs 50 FOP. The second set is 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000 and 2000 which is 3900 FOP.

Emberguard

Thats what i just said. I'm going by the individual chest cost. Not the end cost

#2-7 for the second group of chests
#2 is 50
#7 is 2k

#3-8 for the third group of chests
#3 is 100
#8 is 4k

the numbers inbetween can easily be filled in following the pattern
Chest prices if you​
never reset​
Chest #Round 1Chest #Round 2Chests #Round 3
1Free2503100

The first chest from the previous group is removed and a new chest is added at double the value of the last chest in the group. So by labelling it in this manner you can work out what the next costs will be assuming there’s no anomalies along the way. If all you’re looking at is the last chest in Round 2 being an additional 1k (making it 2k) then you have no info regarding how the chests will continue to increase in price

Last edited:

DeletedUser42920

Quick question: I accidentally arrived at the chests window with only enough gold to open 5 of the 6 chests. I opened them then went back to the regular game (out of the St. Pats mini game) to get a few more gold chests. When I got back to the mini-game I had moved on to a new town. Does that mean that I am screwed now and will not be able to get all the big prizes cos I only opened 5 of the 6 chests from the first town?

RazorbackPirate

Quick question: I accidentally arrived at the chests window with only enough gold to open 5 of the 6 chests. I opened them then went back to the regular game (out of the St. Pats mini game) to get a few more gold chests. When I got back to the mini-game I had moved on to a new town. Does that mean that I am screwed now and will not be able to get all the big prizes cos I only opened 5 of the 6 chests from the first town?
It means you missed the Celtic Forest Kit you would have gotten to by opening the 6th chest. Before you moved on, you should have had the 1900 pots needed to open all the chests. You'll likely end up one kit short.

RazorbackPirate

I'm finding the balance in this event intriguing.

As I got toward the end of my first city, I still needed a few hundred more pots to have enough to open the full set of chests at completion. In the time the city needed to finish up the last few tasks and save enough shamrocks to move on was the time I needed to complete enough quests to have enough pots to both move on and start the second city.

As I close in to the end of my second city, I've now completed all the rush quests and am caught up with the daily quests. I still need about 100 more pots before I'll have enough to complete my city, a few more days to have enough pots to start my 3rd one.

Completing the remaining 3 quests, 'Collect 18Q shamrocks', 'Produce 200B hats', and 'Level buildings 200 times' will give me the 3rd milestone reward, the SoK. I'll then carry nothing over to the 3rd city, starting fresh. After completing the first 25 tasks in city three, I'll get the second Celtic Kit from the cities.

So at this stage, waiting to complete enough daily quests to get enough pots to move to the next town, it doesn't much matter if the last of the tasks takes me several days, it will be several days before I have enough gold pots to move on and start a new city anyway.

Seems Inno may have put far more thought into this event than it might appear on the surface. Working the event the way I am, I'm stuck waiting several days for enough pots to move on anyway, I might as well hang out in the current city for the several days it will take to complete the remaining tasks. Interesting.

Algona

I'm trying a completely different tack. Prolly om course for a shipwreck, will keep folk posted. I do not recommend this tactic, I suspect it will blow up in my face.

I'm gonna go for 8.4Q as fast as possible, using PoG for managers, skipping paying for Chests at the end.

The math falls short, but I gotta try.

Goal is to score 7 upgrade kits. First costs 25 tasls, 6 additional 75 each = 625 Tasks. I'm avearaging 32 Tasks per city and 1.75 days to complete a city, That obviously falls short about 2, maybe 3 upgrades.

But I haven;t tried full out managers to see if that makes a difference, both in number of tasks completed and how fast I can complete a city.

Nor do I know how much the lvl 5 managers cost.

Hmmm, seems like I still don;t know jack about this event. then again, it;s not like there is a lot to lose...

Anyway, I'll let folks know how disastrous this is as I go.

Vger

Hmmm, seems like I still don;t know jack about this event. then again, it;s not like there is a lot to lose...
If you come up one or even 2 kits short, it really isn't a big lose. So you leave one or even 2 parts of the set at level 1. What not to upgrade depends on the players goals, I suppose, but there are some good candidates to leave behind should it come to that.
Not nearly the bad consequences as coming up short on something like a Crow's Nest.

UBERhelp1

So, in my main the event is going great. However, I decided to skip this on my TinyTown and instead go for the highest shamrocks possible on that town. I'm currently at 75.2T/minute. Of course, ship and festival managers are maxed and I'm working on slowly upgrading them more as they are the bottleneck. Just a fun experiment lol.

barney001

It appears to me you should focus initially on upgrading the festival and the ferry managers and building levels, to finish in a reasonable time you need level 250 level ferry and festival buildings and level 3 managers for these two, work them up gradually, the cost for the building upgrades is much less than the production buildings, pay attention to the next task and follow the tasks closely, don't over spend trying to upgrade a production build to the task level until you can easily cover it with the festival and ferry. Try to save upgrades to buildings when you have a task of upgrade buildings xxx times. The higher production buildings are most important because they produce exponentially more shamrocks, try to keep the 1st three at relatively low levels, only upgrade them if you have a task to upgrade them, then only do so if you need shams production increase. The trick is to balance your production rate with your ferry rate and festival output for best efficiency. You can't make more shams than the festival guy can sell nor the ferry can haul, so there is not much point in having large production unless you can haul and sell it. TO finish a city in about 8 hours takes festival and ferry managers of level 5 and their buildings a little above 250. To finish in less than 8 hours raise ferry and festival buildings to 300.
festival, ferry mgrs Level 5,
The only other manager at level 5 is the fireworks manager, the first 4 production buildings don't really add much to your 8.4Q shamrocks, you only need them to get started. Each building produces exponentially more shamrocks so Fireworks is the one you need to get build.
Note: use the Time Skip button to check your production rate and get an estimate of when your city will finish. Last comment: once you have 5 production buildings and get a task that says Upgrade Flowers/ Cake/any of them to XXX level be very careful, While it looks like you have plenty of shamrocks to make to complete the upgrade I have used ALL my shams trying to complete this task. It is very deceiving, The amount goes up in a linear fashion but increasing a number 75 times at 10% each time ends up being a very large number. It is fine to do this earlier in the city but towards the end it will lengthen the completion time. Best to not complete this task and go for the end.
How can you afford to do all these Level 5 managers that you mention, festival, ferry, and fireworks, that's a lot of pots of gold.

RazorbackPirate

Heck I don't even do that, raising worthless managers in hat and flower is fruitless, I don't try and finish all the tasks/city.
Not completing enough tasks in each city requires more cities which costs pots of gold to hire the managers in the extra cities. But you do you. Come back and let us know what you end up with. Who knows? Maybe that will work for you.

DeletedUser14295

I am about to move to my third town. I took all 6 chest last time. I understand the cost increase in the chests theoretically, but my question is: will the first chest when I complete this town cost 50, or will it be free again because it is a new town? In other words, is the increase only if you try to open more than 6 chest after one town, or does it carry over regardless of how may towns you complete? Thanks.