• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Day 2020 Event Feedback

barney001

Not completing enough tasks in each city requires more cities which costs pots of gold to hire the managers in the extra cities. But you do you. Come back and let us know what you end up with. Who knows? Maybe that will work for you.
You do realize that by not levelling those unimportant managers you are saving thousands of Gold pots right?

RazorbackPirate

I am about to move to my third town. I took all 6 chest last time. I understand the cost increase in the chests theoretically, but my question is: will the first chest when I complete this town cost 50, or will it be free again because it is a new town? In other words, is the increase only if you try to open more than 6 chest after one town, or does it carry over regardless of how may towns you complete? Thanks.
The costs for the entire set will be same as at the end of the first city. In between each city, you'll always get the chance to but 3 sets of chests. The cost of each set costing more. In between each city is always the same. 1900 gold pot for the first 6 chests.

RazorbackPirate

You do realize that by not levelling those unimportant managers you are saving thousands of Gold pots right?
I've not done the math for what you're doing, so I don't know how it works out. With the strategy I'm following, I'm assured a full level 2 set without diamonds. The math works. That's the only test of any strategy. Does the math work to ensure a full level 2 set for free? If so, great. It doesn't matter how you get there, all that matters is will you get there?

I appreciate the effort to introduce a new game mechanic for the events, but this seems (even) more like a diamond grab than usual by Inno. Typically a daily player can claim the main building prize without expending diamonds. I don't think you even get close in this event. I completed the main quest line in two days, so had a ton "gold" to spend, and it was gone in no time with very little to show for it. Good luck if you try it though. I would like to hear if anyone gets level 2 complete set without spending diamonds. Or is they do spend diamonds, how much it cost them.

Super Catanian

I appreciate the effort to introduce a new game mechanic for the events, but this seems (even) more like a diamond grab than usual by Inno. Typically a daily player can claim the main building prize without expending diamonds. I don't think you even get close in this event. I completed the main quest line in two days, so had a ton "gold" to spend, and it was gone in no time with very little to show for it. Good luck if you try it though. I would like to hear if anyone gets level 2 complete set without spending diamonds. Or is they do spend diamonds, how much it cost them.
Managers are important, but never spend too much on them. Always save 1.900 PoGs for opening chests after completing a town, and don't use them for the time rushes to get extra Shamrocks.

DeletedUser40288

:) Well now......i've finally moved on to the next town.
But it..........it looks just like the last town.
.........what a burn. :confused:

Super Catanian

:) Well now......i've finally moved on to the next town.
But it..........it looks just like the last town.
.........what a burn. :confused:
Yup. As I've mentioned before, it's kind of like doing Cultural Settlements again. Repetitive, you start over when done with one town, but the end rewards make it pretty worth it.

DeletedUser32973

I'm not sure why anyone would want to do the extra towns strat o_O. It's way more work. Just do the ~5 towns and chill out. This is definitely an event you should only do on one city imo. I'm doing it on three, and it's a little excessive.

DeletedUser37210

I'm finding the balance in this event intriguing.

As I got toward the end of my first city, I still needed a few hundred more pots to have enough to open the full set of chests at completion. In the time the city needed to finish up the last few tasks and save enough shamrocks to move on was the time I needed to complete enough quests to have enough pots to both move on and start the second city.

As I close in to the end of my second city, I've now completed all the rush quests and am caught up with the daily quests. I still need about 100 more pots before I'll have enough to complete my city, a few more days to have enough pots to start my 3rd one.

Completing the remaining 3 quests, 'Collect 18Q shamrocks', 'Produce 200B hats', and 'Level buildings 200 times' will give me the 3rd milestone reward, the SoK. I'll then carry nothing over to the 3rd city, starting fresh. After completing the first 25 tasks in city three, I'll get the second Celtic Kit from the cities.

So at this stage, waiting to complete enough daily quests to get enough pots to move to the next town, it doesn't much matter if the last of the tasks takes me several days, it will be several days before I have enough gold pots to move on and start a new city anyway.

Seems Inno may have put far more thought into this event than it might appear on the surface. Working the event the way I am, I'm stuck waiting several days for enough pots to move on anyway, I might as well hang out in the current city for the several days it will take to complete the remaining tasks. Interesting.
This is exactly where I am too. I have three cities that are going to have to wait a day or more for 200 Billion Hats, but I am in no need to rush, as I have just 2k pots of gold in each city anyway, so no rush to the next city.

DeletedUser38226

For me, the jury is still out. It took a little experience and thought to settle on a plan, and the consequences remain to be seen.

There seems to be more event currency available in incidents than some previous events, but not enough to really change things.

It is a fairly safe bet that a level one full set is obtainable. Level two is less certain, but even a few extra selection kits can let you enhance selected features.

More optimistic than when I started.

Emberguard

Not completing enough tasks in each city requires more cities which costs pots of gold to hire the managers in the extra cities. But you do you. Come back and let us know what you end up with. Who knows? Maybe that will work for you.
as long as they complete 35 tasks in 4 days and repeat for 5 cities it should be fine. That leaves 3 tasks per town leeway. My only concern would be can you complete 35 tasks fast enough if you’re blocking off 2 slots and have to do all those upgrades individually instead of doing “250 lvls“ at the same time as “100 lvls”

Last edited:

Emberguard

Depends how far you’re cutting back by. The hat manager isn’t mentioned in Round 2’s tasks. Round three asks for a Lvl 1. Round one asked for a Lvl 3. Thats only saving 100 pots in the first 3 cities by skipping Hats. 190 for 5 towns if it repeats the tasks and doesnt continue with entirely different task sets

DeletedUser30791

I'm on the 3rd run. Found a couple progress bar tasks don't match the description for those tasks. FOEScreenShot2.JPGFOEScreenShot1.JPG

DeletedUser37725

How can you afford to do all these Level 5 managers that you mention, festival, ferry, and fireworks, that's a lot of pots of gold.
Gold is unlimited, you can buy what is required with a credit card. I know that many think this is a big no no, I on the other hand think that without people supporting the game there would be no game. Plus the cost is less than one night at a tavern and I'm at home protected from a DUI.

With that said I don't upgrade all the managers, the only ones that benefit finishing the city are the the ferry, festival manager and fireworks, I do drinks too but don't believe it is needed if you are willing to take another hour or so to finish.. The rest only upgrade if they are one of the tasks. I've done 6 cities so far and experimented with all of them just for fun. Unless you get level 5 managers for ferry and festival your max shamrocks production is severely restricted and it will take several days to finish the city. With level 5 F&F (Ferry and Festival) it is pretty easy to hit 7 Q/8hr and finish a city in less than 12 hours. Regardless of if you choose to use the managers at high level or not the strategy to get thru is still the same.

Key strategy is still to level ferry and festival to the multiplier point then raise the building production to the multiplier, then build the next production building. I cannot image doing the city without a manager for each production building, they automate the process so you can go to sleep.

Ferry and festival manager: rate multipliers at these levels:
x2 at level 10, x4 lvl 25, x8 lvl 50, x16 lvl 100, x32 lvl 150, x64 lvl 200, x4 level 250

Production building rate multiplier at these levels:
x2 at lvl 25, x4 lvl 50, x8 lvl 100

Basic strategy:

1> Start hats, level to 10, buy managers for ferry, festival, hats, alternate leveling ferry and festival to 10, 2x multiplier point and hats to lvl25 2x.

2>level ferry and festival (F&F) to multipler point, build next production building, level it to 1st multipler or until it fills ferry and festival manager. Repeat step 2 until fireworks is complete. Balance F&F rate by increasing fireworks until ferry is always full. You can watch , if your festival isn't keeping up increase it by a few levels (5 to 10) above ferry, don't balance it by the production rate shown in the circle, the times are different for the ferry and festival manager. I image you can follow this strategy and keep the managers at lower levels. several of the task require leveling up managers, I only level the hats, flowers, cake above L1 manager because it is one of the tasks.

At F&F level 200 overall rate is around 2Q/8hr, level 250 6.5Q/hours, the various levels between multiplier points don't make much difference in the overall Q rate. I built one city with the minimum managers as indicated the tasks, had festival 4, ferry 3 and drinks and fireworks 2, max Q rate with level 250 F&F was 2.09Q/8hr, 32 hours to finish, once the managers were upgraded to level 5 the rate was 6.72Q/8hrs, 9 hours to finish.
Increasing F&F to 300 ends up taking longer to complete as the cost outweighs the new time required
Keep in mind my whole objective was to figure out how to finish the city the fastest, this may or may not be best for you. On my last city I let it run until I finished all the tasks, it took an additional 8 hours to do this.

Vger

My only concern would be can you complete 35 tasks fast enough if you’re blocking off 2 slots and have to do all those upgrades individually instead of doing “250 lvls“ at the same time as “100 lvls”
Yes, easy to do. I started my 3'rd city about 28 hours ago. I'm about to finish task 35, upgrade 200 times.
I will take drinks to 100 for task 37 while doing task 36, collect 12Q. Will skip task 38. Need about 10Q to finish drinks, so need to collect ~18.4Q to finish city. Should be done when I get up tomorrow.
710 gold spent on managers, saving 270 by skipping tasks 20 and 23.

stp-quest3-199.png

RazorbackPirate

Gold is unlimited, you can buy what is required with a credit card. I know that many think this is a big no no, I on the other hand think that without people supporting the game there would be no game. Plus the cost is less than one night at a tavern and I'm at home protected from a DUI.
While I'm glad you're spending money on the game and not out getting a DUI, your strategy requires the purchase of gold pots which makes your method a fail for me.

With the ability to use diamonds to solve virtually any problem in the game, part of the challenge for me, is to play the game without spending money. If I spend diamonds, when I spend diamonds, they are the free diamonds I've earned playing the game. That means finding the path to the goal without diamonds, a path Inno always, quite generously, provides.

My strategy gets me a full level 2 set for free. It requires me to complete just 4 towns, buy 4 sets of chests, start a 5th city, and complete enough just enough tasks for the last Celtic Kit I'll need. All for free, using only the gold pots provided throughout the event. With plenty of time to go, I'm cruising to a finish in my second city, by the time it's done, I'll have completed all 38 tasks.

It's certainly a strategy that requires patience. Letting the idle game run idle in the background to produce the resources required by the last few tasks. The time I also needed to gather enough gold pots to move on. My second city will finish sometime today with 15 days remaining in the event. I'll then need to complete just 2 more cities and complete about half of a 3rd city. Most of that time will be spent waiting to gather to gold pots needed to move on and start the next city.

There's a whole lot of sitting around waiting, no different than any event. Most events I'm waiting to play until there's a daily special I want. This event, I'm waiting for the idle game to produce enough resources to complete the tasks, or waiting for the gold pots needed to move on.

DeletedUser30312

Okay, been playing it for a few days, and I'm seeing how it works.

This event uses mechanics that look and feel a lot like an idle clicker mobile game. And I detest idle clickers. They start out fast, but very quickly slow to a crawl, and waiting around for stuff to happen has the thrill level of watching paint dry or grass grow. You have to keep checking back every so often, but there's not enough to keep the player engaged either, so it becomes a huge distraction from anything else. I've been largely just letting things idle and check in on the event progress when I'm collecting from my settlements.

I have been holding on the the pots of gold for the chests at the end, and I'm going to follow the advice to grab the first 4 sets. Otherwise, I've only been upgrading managers to do the tasks. We'll see how well I manage in the end.

ODragon

This is exactly where I am too. I have three cities that are going to have to wait a day or more for 200 Billion Hats, but I am in no need to rush, as I have just 2k pots of gold in each city anyway, so no rush to the next city.

This is where I am also on my 3 worlds, just waiting for Hats!