• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Event 2021 questions and non feedback comments

icarusethan

I am doing the same thing as captainkirk, I have 6 upgrades will get 1 more from the questline which puts me at seven. I have 6,000 more currency to get if you include the amount I currently have then with 4,000 I can do 4 cities which should get me 2 upgrades and then I will open all 6 boxes once getting me all 10 upgrades. And if I cant get 2 upgrades in 4 towns then I will start another and only half complete it to get the last upgrade.
your example is based on the fact that you have an event box for one extra upgrade, so don't make those brand new folks come on this thread think they can do it your way and achieve the same result

Eman

Working on 36,37 and 38 at this point doesn't sound right to me. Not sure what time you started this AM. But I'm thinking you might have rushed upgrading buildings (which will make 37 a PITA), or you spent more on upgrading managers than needed, which will leave you short on free pots at the end.
This one is a marathon. You might be sprinting. Hope it works out, it's still early.
To your point, I maxed out my managers in one of my cities but saw no benefit.

Vger

To your point, I maxed out my managers in one of my cities but saw no benefit.
Each manager upgrade increase 1 of 2 things: Capacity (the number inside the circle), or Speed (how fast the outer ring of the circle spins).
There is ALWAYS a benefit.
Is the benefit worth the cost of the upgrade? That's a different question.

Triopoly Champion

your example is based on the fact that you have an event box for one extra upgrade, so don't make those brand new folks come on this thread think they can do it your way and achieve the same result
1 Event Box is worth around the values of 2 completely finished towns together, so 3-4 days of extra playing in difference depending on the players' skills.

CommanderCool1234

I guess your right, I am just saying what works for me and I am guessing many people on this forum got the box and Inno is probally gonna start factoring in the fact that people have event surprise box's.

UP ONLINE

WOW what's with all the messages from official on message center every day a new message To watch Another video
It just takes 1-2 Videos to get the understanding of the mini game

Last edited:

Lord Pest

I’m enjoying this event. I‘m near the end of city #2. I’ve done 35 of the 38 tasks. I’m skipping the shipyard task to save gold plus I don’t need it to complete the city. Waiting on gather 200 million hats. That will be done tomorrow. I’d like to also do the upgrade buildings 200 times but it’s not going to work out for me. So I’ll complete 36 tasks and city #2 by tomorrow morning. I don’t want to skip too many tasks. If I can do A city every 3 days and 36 to 38 tasks per city I should be fine.

KevinP0208

I’m enjoying this event. I‘m near the end of city #2. I’ve done 35 of the 38 tasks. I’m skipping the shipyard task to save gold plus I don’t need it to complete the city. Waiting on gather 200 million hats. That will be done tomorrow. I’d like to also do the upgrade buildings 200 times but it’s not going to work out for me. So I’ll complete 36 tasks and city #2 by tomorrow morning. I don’t want to skip too many tasks. If I can do A city every 3 days and 36 to 38 tasks per city I should be fine.
I'm near the same area. I absolutely LOVE the event

Lady Rainna

I'm somewhere around Quest 36 and I got ANOTHER Event Surprise Box that says to wait 28 days to open it. Could this possibly be for the next, maybe Easter Event?

qaccy

In case anyone was questioning this, I'll put forth my suggestion that once you're able to afford moving on to the next town, you should do it. Regardless of what tasks you have remaining, it sounds better to me to be able to start a new town as quickly as possible since many of the beginning tasks only take a few minutes to obtain. Sounds better to me than letting a nearly-finished city idle for another hour to get one more task completed.

RazorbackPirate

In case anyone was questioning this, I'll put forth my suggestion that once you're able to afford moving on to the next town, you should do it. Regardless of what tasks you have remaining, it sounds better to me to be able to start a new town as quickly as possible since many of the beginning tasks only take a few minutes to obtain. Sounds better to me than letting a nearly-finished city idle for another hour to get one more task completed.
Two questions.

What method are you using to obtain the seven required upgrades?
Where is the math to support your 'sounds good' proposition?

driller v2.0

After each new town my chest resets to 0/6, is that right? i thought it is supposed to keep your progress heading into the next town. The only way to get the druid temple kit is to open all 6 boxes which takes way too many pots of gold.

RazorbackPirate

After each new town my chest resets to 0/6, is that right? i thought it is supposed to keep your progress heading into the next town. The only way to get the druid temple kit is to open all 6 boxes which takes way too many pots of gold.
What you retain from town to town is the task progress from the previous town. You are correct, the chests you can open in between towns resets in between each town.

One of the ways to obtain a full Druid Temple for free is to complete 4 towns opening all the chests in between town, receiving the final upgrade in a partially completed 5th town. That is the method I'm following.

I would say if you feel that method takes too many Pots of Gold, which mathematically it does not, it means you're moving to the next town too quickly. That's a bit where I'm at right now.

I ended town #2 with 2 tasks left uncompleted. I had enough gold pots to open all the chests moving to the next town with enough left over to buy my first few managers. In hindsight, I should have spent the extra day or two to complete those last two tasks, not that I'll need them for the upgrade, it would have been nice to have the extra gold pots from the delay going into the 3rd town.

In the 3rd town, not having accumulated those two extra days of gold pots, I've gotten stopped up twice waiting for more gold pots to complete the manager tasks. If I was going to get stopped up anyway, I should have just stayed in the last town to complete those last tasks.

Now I'm stopped up again, all the task in the 3rd town completed, only 1650 gold pots. I'm sitting with a town with nothing left to do until at least the next daily quest before I have just enough Pots of Gold to move on, to then deliver me to a town I can't start for another day until I have enough gold pots to hire some managers.

If I was going to be forced to sit around for two days waiting for enough pots to move on, I should have stayed the 2 extra days in the last town. Oh well. Hindsight. Not that it matters from a final prize standpoint, but it would have made for better gameplay. I'll try to remember for next year. Might as well finish each task, you got to wait for the gold pots anyway.

If you've not yet missed any chests, just sit tight until you've got enough to move on. If you've already missed opening chests, I've no advice. Others following a different method may have some. Either way, patience is the key.

driller v2.0

What you retain from town to town is the task progress from the previous town. You are correct, the chests you can open in between towns resets in between each town.

One of the ways to obtain a full Druid Temple for free is to complete 4 towns opening all the chests in between town, receiving the final upgrade in a partially completed 5th town. That is the method I'm following.

I would say if you feel that method takes too many Pots of Gold, which mathematically it does not, it means you're moving to the next town too quickly. That's a bit where I'm at right now.

I ended town #2 with 2 tasks left uncompleted. I had enough gold pots to open all the chests moving to the next town with enough left over to buy my first few managers. In hindsight, I should have spent the extra day or two to complete those last two tasks, not that I'll need them for the upgrade, it would have been nice to have the extra gold pots from the delay going into the 3rd town.

In the 3rd town, not having accumulated those two extra days of gold pots, I've gotten stopped up twice waiting for more gold pots to complete the manager tasks. If I was going to get stopped up anyway, I should have just stayed in the last town to complete those last tasks.

Now I'm stopped up again, all the task in the 3rd town completed, only 1650 gold pots. I'm sitting with a town with nothing left to do until at least the next daily quest before I have just enough Pots of Gold to move on, to then deliver me to a town I can't start for another day until I have enough gold pots to hire some managers.

If I was going to be forced to sit around for two days waiting for enough pots to move on, I should have stayed the 2 extra days in the last town. Oh well. Hindsight. Not that it matters from a final prize standpoint, but it would have made for better gameplay. I'll try to remember for next year. Might as well finish each task, you got to wait for the gold pots anyway.

If you've not yet missed any chests, just sit tight until you've got enough to move on. If you've already missed opening chests, I've no advice. Others following a different method may have some. Either way, patience is the key.

Ouch, not what i wanted to hear but it is what it is. I wish they made it more clear, the screen in between towns makes it seem like you keep the progress on chests as well (or at least that was my interpretation). I'm going to end up two short by my calculation at this point.

RazorbackPirate

That's great. 9 of 14 towns needed?

7 upgrades, one upgrade on 25 task completions 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, & 19. Say 35 tasks completed per town, that's 13.57 towns needed. Certainly doable, but much more work than I'm wanting to put in. I don't mind sitting around waiting for the next days quest with nothing to do. That's what I do most events.

The rest of the event will be like that for me. waiting for pots for managers, then waiting for pots to move on, then waiting on pots for managers again. All good. That's the path I chose. Last year as well and it all worked out fine.