• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St Patricks Event 2022 questions and non feedback comments

Got it. I misread the original post. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for setting me straight.
It's impossible to reach a full Farmstead without either the Event Surprise Box (from the previous event) or spending diamonds. How's that for a slap in the face from our corporate overlords?

Pericles the Lion

It's impossible to reach a full Farmstead without either the Event Surprise Box (from the previous event) or spending diamonds. How's that for a slap in the face from our corporate overlords?
Sorry to rain on your parade but it is possible to get the fully levelled up Celtic Farmstead without spending diamonds even if a player does not have the surprise box.

Graviton

Seven cities, will have a full event building in all and an extra Selection Kit in 3 of them. I don't hate this event like I did the first time.

Sorry to rain on your parade but it is possible to get the fully levelled up Celtic Farmstead without spending diamonds even if a player does not have the surprise box.
A player needs 9 Upgrade Kits. Two come from the quest line in the main city. The festival town gives an upgrade for every third grand prize. But in the spot where the 7th upgrade would be there is a Level 1 Farmstead instead. The clock runs out before 3 more grand prizes can be achieved.

So no, you're wrong. It's not possible without diamonds or the Event Surprise Box.

Ebeondi Asi

The Surprise box is pretty easy to get since it is given halfway through the Quests. . I don't bother with some Events, but I can still get the Surpirse box for the next event in case I want to go for the main building.

Snownothere

A player needs 9 Upgrade Kits. Two come from the quest line in the main city. The festival town gives an upgrade for every third grand prize. But in the spot where the 7th upgrade would be there is a Level 1 Farmstead instead. The clock runs out before 3 more grand prizes can be achieved.

So no, you're wrong. It's not possible without diamonds or the Event Surprise Box.
If you opened all 6 of the chests on your first 4 cities you would have 4 selection kits so would only need 3 grand prizes.

After opening all six chests the reward is a Celtic Farmstead Selection kit.
OK... I see. But opening all six chests four times would be insanely expensive. You would not have enough gold pots for that — unless you spend diamonds, which is my point.

Total gold pots received from quests = 11,200 (plus a few hundred more from incidents)
Total cost of opening all the chests four times = 29,400

So no ... not even close.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

You're assuming that the cost is 1900 each time. You must be unfamiliar with the way this game is managed.

The picture I already posted doesn't magically disappear just because you ignored it.
Costs reset each time you move onto the next city

As long as you only open one set of 6 chests inbetween each city, then it really does cost 1,900 each time. The costs you're referring to would only apply if you're doing all sets of chests in a single sitting without ever doing an additional city. It only increases if you don't reset the cost

Pericles the Lion

You're assuming that the cost is 1900 each time. You must be unfamiliar with the way this game is managed.

The picture I already posted doesn't magically disappear just because you ignored it.
I'm not assuming that the cost is 1900 each time because it is a fact that the cost to open the chests resets for each new town. Just as @Embeguard said. Sadly, your unfamiliarity with the game seems to have prevented you from acquiring the fully upgraded Farmstead without spending diamonds. Too late now. Well, there's always next year. This is an easy mini-game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kranyar the Mysterious

Actually, if you include pots of gold from incidents, you should be able to open all the chests after a 5th city as well unless you get unlucky (in which case it'll be really close). In both of my cities that I'm playing the event I am going to be able to open that 5th set.

Pericles the Lion

Actually, if you include pots of gold from incidents, you should be able to open all the chests after a 5th city as well unless you get unlucky (in which case it'll be really close). In both of my cities that I'm playing the event I am going to be able to open that 5th set.
Ditto. INNO has been very generous this time with incidents. In all of my 5 cities I will end up with a fully levelled Farmstead plus an extra upgrade kit. No diamonds spent. Thank you @MooingCat

Flynn013

I went with the do a lot of towns method, currently on number13. Only opened up all 6 chests after one town and have a fully upgraded event building with a spare upgrade to come after finishing the questline. This has been one of the easier events to complete.

KNWBOOKS

How can you get more gold pots? I know you can &st them from completing event quests, as well as claiming incidents. I also know there are contests, but I don't have social media.

Kranyar the Mysterious

How can you get more gold pots? I know you can &st them from completing event quests, as well as claiming incidents. I also know there are contests, but I don't have social media.
You get a couple hundred for one city from the link in the email newsletter. Makes it worth it to subscribe. Otherwise no additional sources beyond the normal needed, just smart usage and luck on incidents. I never use Inno social media.

Aethelcatt VIII

My strategy this time around was to do 4 towns to 25 advances doing just enough manager upgrades to get there. Then buy a set of chests after each town. This worked well and I have 9 levels in each city. The Quest line will give me 10 levels.

However, between the pots of gold saved by not doing all the manager upgrades in the first 4 towns and the the pots from incidents I will be able to do a 5th town and set of chests. The 5th town I ignored the tasks (although I got a few) and focused on doing enough to get the 8.4Q shamrocks. And now I'm just waiting around until I get to the 8.4Q shamrocks and 1900 pots of gold for the last set of chest buys.
I'm following a very similar plan, and I'm also sitting around in the extra 5th town right now. I won't have 1900 pots of gold for all six chests after this one (got a little carried away upgrading the managers in the first couple of towns...something to remember not to do next time around; you'd end up waiting for the pots of gold anyway), but I should be able to get at least three of them without spending any diamond.