• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St Patricks Event 2022 questions and non feedback comments

Gypsy Grace

You can skip the tasks at the end by not doing them and close out your city with 8.4Q shamrocks. You then can open chests. Then start a new city with a new set of tasks.

Some of the end quests are not worth the time and effort to do.
Even if my task is to collect 16Q shamrocks?

Ebeondi Asi

Those last tasks can be skipped. Sometimes if you had the stuff running all night you will have those extra Shamrocks. But don't work hard at it.

Darkest.Knight

It wasn't worth the time to wait on the 16Q or to do 250 upgrades, lol, don't remember the others I skipped at the moment.

Emberguard

Even if my task is to collect 16Q shamrocks?
Depends on your strategy

Personally I’d do the 16Q shamrocks, particularly as it’s not costing gold. But that’s also because I know I’m doing 6 chests inbetween cities and will have a lot of spare time even if I do 16Q quest. Last year doing all the time intensive tasks still left me with 8 days of doing nothing near the end. But it’s really going to depend on what you’re focusing on as to how that plays out. Some strategies won’t have the time, other strategies will

Johnny B. Goode

For those not picking up Incidents during events, here are my findings just now from 9 cities:
City A) 80 Pots of Gold
B) 100 PoG
C) 200 PoG
M) 0 PoG
S) 10 PoG
V) 0 PoG
X) 70 PoG
Y) 100 PoG
B2) 10 PoG
While this may not seem like much to some, keep in mind that I collected all Incidents in every city this morning. These numbers are from a second collection this evening. How much help would an extra manager level or two be for each town? Or being able to open an extra chest in between each set of towns? Food for thought. (And I won't even get into the goods, FPs and occasional Diamonds. Yes, in two cities I got a 5 Diamond Incident.)

Lord Pest

free to play. I collected 6 chests in town 1 and 2. Skipped the 1900 pots to buy 5 chests in town 3. Will complete 37 tasks in town 4. Need to wait 2 days so I have enough gold to open the 6 chests and move to town #5.

RazorbackPirate

Very disappointed that I am three cities in and only two upgrades for the Druid Temple.
Have you not been buying all the chests in between cities? I am also on my third city and so far I have earned 7 upgrades, 8 with the surprise box. 9 will come from opening all the chests when I complete this city, 10 will come from completing 24 tasks in city 4.

Gypsy Grace

Have you not been buying all the chests in between cities? I am also on my third city and so far I have earned 7 upgrades, 8 with the surprise box. 9 will come from opening all the chests when I complete this city, 10 will come from completing 24 tasks in city 4.

The surprise box will contain Celtic Forest upgrade not Druid Temple.

Aethelcatt VIII

Who said some of the tasks take too long to complete? Turned out it takes much, much longer to wait for the pots of gold to roll in for the chests after each town. I've been sitting in this town with absolutely nothing to do for days! :D

Screenshot 2022-03-12 134843.jpg

Pericles the Lion

Who said some of the tasks take too long to complete? Turned out it takes much, much longer to wait for the pots of gold to roll in for the chests after each town. I've been sitting in this town with absolutely nothing to do for days! :D

View attachment 19441
It depends on strategy. Using a 4 town (open all 6 boxes) strategy there is enough time to do some of the last tasks.

Lord Pest

That's exactly what I'm doing. Makes the minigame rather relaxing this time around--maybe a little too relaxing. It takes a few hours to get things set up in a new town, and the rest of it is all thumb twiddling.

This has been my favorite event because it takes some planning to be successful but once you get the strategy down pat it’s way to easy. I agree on the long wait for 1900 pots of gold. It’s been days.

Pericles the Lion

This has been my favorite event because it takes some planning to be successful but once you get the strategy down pat it’s way to easy. I agree on the long wait for 1900 pots of gold. It’s been days.
Yeah, it's like cooking Corned beef and cabbage in a slow cooker. Some careful preparation in the beginning then a long wait until suppertime. LOL

Ironrooster

My strategy this time around was to do 4 towns to 25 advances doing just enough manager upgrades to get there. Then buy a set of chests after each town. This worked well and I have 9 levels in each city. The Quest line will give me 10 levels.

However, between the pots of gold saved by not doing all the manager upgrades in the first 4 towns and the the pots from incidents I will be able to do a 5th town and set of chests. The 5th town I ignored the tasks (although I got a few) and focused on doing enough to get the 8.4Q shamrocks. And now I'm just waiting around until I get to the 8.4Q shamrocks and 1900 pots of gold for the last set of chest buys.