• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stage of Ages - can you have too many?

Ironrooster

A philosophical discussion.

Currently I have 12 Stage of Ages. My A/D 1142/841 in VF. And with this event I have an opportunity to get more.

How many Stage of Ages should one have/want?

The attack boost is nice, and having some FPs is good. But at 4x4 they take up almost double the space of Winner's Plaza, Checkmate Square, and Botanical Rotunda all of which have slightly more attack boost/tile than SoA but no FP's.

So thoughts....

Johnny B. Goode

No, you cannot have too many Stage of Ages. You forgot to mention the previous era goods. Attack boost, FPs and previous era goods? No brainer. The others give Happiness or coins, both of which are plentiful from other sources.

Ebeondi Asi

Some players Cities have one main type of building. Like mostly Winner's Plaza² or some other Building. One of the most impressive I have seen has 28 Eagle Mountains. (and another bigger stash in storage) I do not know if it is a good startegy? More like what good luck one can have in the Events .. If one is lucky enough to have a big pile of one really good Event building... go for it. Just realize a newer better building may be coming too. Also having one, the aging up changes, and some Eras your building will not gain, and other it might. ??
I have eight, nine a dozen of some. but one does not dominate.
Winners Plaza² seems to be the benchmark for a 3x3
Celtic Farmstead, Eagle Mountain for top main Event Buildings With Governor's Villa, Olympic Treasury, Pirates Hideout, Fiore Village, the two Ferris Wheel types, close behind.

Last edited:

Just An Observer

I stored my Olympic Treasury, Fiore Village, the defensive Ferris Wheel and any other larger event building which was all D. Sentinel Level 2's offer the most punch per tile and that takes care of defense. You can use them to adjust to spaces nicely as well. The extra space freed up by using Sentinels allows for better attack or attack-defense buildings to be placed. I run 173 Sentinel Level 2's with more in reserve for use when I move past Progressive.

Sharmon the Impaler

I have 89 SO lvl 2 and 10 SoA but I am keeping my Fiore planted for now. It gives 34 def for attack in SAJM which isn’t the best but not bad. WP2 is my favorite for attack with 41 of them.

Last edited:

FOBBY

No, you cannot have too many Stage of Ages. You forgot to mention the previous era goods. Attack boost, FPs and previous era goods? No brainer. The others give Happiness or coins, both of which are plentiful from other sources.
Wow! Previous era goods! What a nice bonus! Or you know, I can get current era goods from other better event buildings and trade them for double.

Johnny B. Goode

Wow! Previous era goods! What a nice bonus! Or you know, I can get current era goods from other better event buildings and trade them for double.
So you have to go to the trouble of trading for what I get automatically. Good plan. If I wanted to go to the trouble, I have tons of current era goods to do that with, but why bother? And I have other "better" event buildings galore. It's not a case of either/or, just FYI. Not to mention the fact that I was responding to a post comparing the Stage of Ages to buildings that do not provide goods of any kind, so your comment is kind of irrelevant to the conversation.

Ebeondi Asi

To add on to what J.B.G wrote,It is nice to have something as everyone who does any negotiating at all needs some Previous Era Goods coming it. Inno even made a Great Building to do that for us, The Star Gazer.
(an aside: if one looks at any marketplace, about 99% of all Goods transactions are trading down, now days. So you will have endless competition in trading down. If you have an easy time trading down, then you're lucky.

Last edited:

mineseA

I don't quite think you know what you're talking about here. The only time this is applicable is when you're in a good guild and have some dude who takes every trade he sees. Anyways, I only have to SoA's but they're really good.

DreadfulCadillac

To add on to what J.B.G wrote,It is nice to have something as everyone who does any negotiating at all needs some Previous Era Goods coming it. Inno even made a Great Building to do that for us, The Star Gazer.
(an aside: if one looks at any marketplace, about 99% of all Goods transactions are trading down, now days. So you will have endless competition in trading down. If you have an easy time trading down, then you're lucky.
Yall just need to surround yourself with people who trade up, lol.