• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Statue of Honor Level 2 Imbalance

I am coming up to my 5th Statue of Honor upgrade, I currently have 2 x level 2 Statues of Honor.
In deciding what to do with my next upgrades I compared different levels of Statues in various combinations and 3 x level 2 statues are more powerful in all aspects than any other combination equaling 6 levels (1+5, 2+4, or 3+3)
How can this be right ? Surely these levels need altering so the payout progresses more evenly as you get more levels ?

UBERhelp1

No, they are not more powerful. Do their payout divided by tiles and you see it increases the higher the SoH's are leveled. Of course, if you have unlimited space then level 1's are the best, but in terms of space efficiency the higher leveled once are much better.

Whilst a level 1 SoH pays out 225 guild support against 263 a level 1 only pays the player 2 fp for the same footprint as 3 Statues of Knowledge, a level 2 pays the same player fp's as 3 SoK's (with the same footprint bar nit picking) and the goods contribution to the guild matches 2 x level 1's which is why I believe that a level 2 is better than 2 x level 1, the same cannot be said for levels 3, 4, or 5

Emberguard

Sooner or later you'll run out of space. At that point it'll be far more efficient to just increase the output by any amount then be worried about whether it's the same amount of increase

True there are only so many SoK's I can replace with SoH's I could theoretically manage 5+ SoH's but they would become increasingly difficult to place.
My point is that in my opinion a level 3 SoH should be better than 2+1 and a level 4 better than a level 2x2

Emberguard

I get what you're saying. But a building isn't competing with multiples. It's only really competing with whatever you'd be replacing to put it down. If we had unlimited space then you're right it'd have to be balanced differently. But we don't so it's only a short term gain.

Lvl 5 is already better then a lot of FP producers out there. If buildings worked as 2+1 instead of <2 then the power creep would be more of a power explosion. It'd completely shift the balance of the game

Kranyar the Mysterious

True there are only so many SoK's I can replace with SoH's I could theoretically manage 5+ SoH's but they would become increasingly difficult to place.
My point is that in my opinion a level 3 SoH should be better than 2+1 and a level 4 better than a level 2x2
In your case the logical answer would be to replace SoK's with level 2 SoH's until you can't do that anymore, then start leveling them up to level 5 one at a time thereafter.

In your case the logical answer would be to replace SoK's with level 2 SoH's until you can't do that anymore, then start leveling them up to level 5 one at a time thereafter.
My current plan is to get 3 x level 2 SoH's replacing SoK's and then decide whether to level up exisiting SoH's or replace more SoK's depending on whether 3 of 2x2 footprint is better than 1 of 4x3 these little problems are all part of the attraction of this game

DeletedUser31499

With limited space I’m working on my 4th level 5 SoH. The SoKs will eventually all go. A level 5 SoH donates the same amount of goods to the treasury as a level 30 OBS.