• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Sticks To Bricks - single thread or multiple thread preferred?

Does your guild do a single Sticks to Bricks thread where each person adds their new GB, or do you have a separate thread for each new GB that people leave after they’ve given? Which do you prefer and why?

The pluses that I see for having all STB on one thread is that you can see who is giving to everyone’s building. This can also be a negative, since there could be hurt feelings if a more successful or popular guild member get more FP on their GB from people than another one right after them. Or if people are giving to a building they approve of more (Alcatraz or Arc as opposed to Capitol lol), feelings can get hurt. What other pluses or negatives are there for doing a single thread as opposed to multiple threads for STB

Graviton

Does your guild do a single Sticks to Bricks thread where each person adds their new GB, or do you have a separate thread for each new GB that people leave after they’ve given? Which do you prefer and why?

I'm in guilds that do both. I think the most successful design is for each player with a new GB to start their own thread. In the guild that does this, they require that each member post the amount they contribute (the minimum is 1 FP), and then they leave the thread. I think that helps players keep straight what they've donated to; makes it more difficult to miss one, as can easily happen in a single S2B thread; and allows guild leaders to keep track of who donated so they can identify those who aren't participating.

BruteForceAttack

Our guild has neither, i.e. no dedicated thread for STB.. we have a help thread which folks use for trades, stb, etc...nothing is mandated

Jern2017

I've experienced both systems in the guilds I was a member of.

For me, the one where a member with a new GB creates a thread was easier, as I didn't have to keep track of who I've already donated to, especially if a lot of members constructed new GBs in a short period of time.

Super Catanian

My Guild has a single S2B thread, where everyone can choose to participate. Often, the main Guild chat is used to announce that construction will commence soon, which leads to many "congrats!" messages and gives everyone a heads up. We have no minimum for donations; we're pretty lax, seeing as how we just barely made it to Platinum and have about the same number of each trophy in the GE Championship (probably). However, as the paladin I am, if I see a GB in the mud at level 0, I always level it. Always.

Ericness

It took awhile to grow on me, but I prefer separate threads for each building that you leave after donating. So much easier to keep track of things that way since new buildings can't get buried if a single thread gets busy.

My Guild has a single S2B thread, where everyone can choose to participate. Often, the main Guild chat is used to announce that construction will commence soon, which leads to many "congrats!" messages and gives everyone a heads up. We have no minimum for donations; we're pretty lax, seeing as how we just barely made it to Platinum and have about the same number of each trophy in the GE Championship (probably). However, as the paladin I am, if I see a GB in the mud at level 0, I always level it. Always.

I think, having experienced both, I’m starting to prefer the single STB thread (as a guild leader) to be able to see who is or isn’t participating in then guild. Plus it doesn’t need clog up the guild and everyone’s feeds with as many threads

DeletedUser38275

Funny, as we just had the discussion In my guild... we have a single S2B thread.
some were considering a minimum donation, some were discussing ... etc.
as my guild is very lax, and not into rules, we aren’t likely to go for multiple threads with rules.

and anyways, as soon as I see a new GB, I finish it, and get it of the sticks myself...
and I check mt town hall regularly for them, so I don’t even rely on the S2B thread.

on a separate and related note: the chat system is so poorly rendered (not Sure if it is design or process related) that I do not rely on threads anymore. Of course, I have to use them, but so many players seem to get swamped in the few I have, that adding more (one per every new GB) seems very counter productive to me.

ps: once again, I am only on mobile. I am dealing with all types of players, and the least active seem to have the hardest time with chat/threads, and many times can’t seem to have them working correctly (and sorry, I cannot believe that a player able to manage a city cannot manage a few threads).

Funny, as we just had the discussion In my guild... we have a single S2B thread.
some were considering a minimum donation, some were discussing ... etc.
as my guild is very lax, and not into rules, we aren’t likely to go for multiple threads with rules.

and anyways, as soon as I see a new GB, I finish it, and get it of the sticks myself...
and I check mt town hall regularly for them, so I don’t even rely on the S2B thread.

on a separate and related note: the chat system is so poorly rendered (not Sure if it is design or process related) that I do not rely on threads anymore. Of course, I have to use them, but so many players seem to get swamped in the few I have, that adding more (one per every new GB) seems very counter productive to me.

ps: once again, I am only on mobile. I am dealing with all types of players, and the least active seem to have the hardest time with chat/threads, and many times can’t seem to have them working correctly (and sorry, I cannot believe that a player able to manage a city cannot manage a few threads).

Not sure what you mean by “sorry, I cannot believe that a player able to manage a city cannot manage a few threads”, but in a large guild there can be anywhere near up to 20 threads going at any given time and constantly being updated, which makes it easy for someone’s Sticks to Bricks to get lost in the mix. It’s not about not being able to manage it, as an EXTREMELY active player myself I can attest to this, it’s about that thread not getting the attention it would otherwise get as it gets lost among 5 other sticks to bricks threads floating around that people may have started if a guild does them separately, not to mention the regular FP swap threads and the 1.9, 1.8, goods trade, guild battlegrounds, special events, etc. I guess you’ve never been in a very large guild if you have never experienced one where there’s so many threads you click on someone’s STB and mean to come back to it to add FP and forget about it

Last edited:

DeletedUser38275

Not sure what you mean by “sorry, I cannot believe that a player able to manage a city cannot manage a few threads”, but in a large guild there can be anywhere near up to 20 threads going at any given time and constantly being updated, which makes it easy for someone’s Sticks to Bricks to get lost in the mix. It’s not about not being able to manage it, as an EXTREMELY active player myself I can attest to this, it’s about that thread not getting the attention it would otherwise get as it gets lost among 5 other sticks Tom bricks threads floating around that people may have started if a guild does them separately, not to mention the regular FP swap threads and the 1.9, 1.8, goods trade, battlegrounds, special events, etc. I guess you’ve never been in a very large guild if you have never experienced one where there’s so many threads you click on someone’s STB and mean to come back to it to add FP and forget about it
My comment was about the chat system itself.
we are very active, and i am also in a few other 190 discussions, and have no issues myself with the system. I find it cumbersome to say the least, and annoying as it automatically deletes some discussions quite fast (On mobile).
i was just commenting that many of the players I deal with, as well as a few of my 190s have recurring issues with lag, or simply not displaying correctly the posts.

DevaCat

In four guilds until recently all had just the single sticks thread, then one decided to go with the do it yourself owner created S2B threads. I will get used to it, but for now it's a pita for me. For one thing, I keep forgetting to leave the thread after donating (fighting over a year's habit), so I have to go back and remember if I donated, check the gb if I can't remember, and then leave the thread. For another, it's tiresome to have to keep reading reminders by leaders that the poster should make them administrators of the thread. I haven't seen a lot of multiple posts yet, thankfully.

The single sticks thread worked fine for me. I just made it habit to check that thread each time I entered one of my cities. If the new message flag was there, meant there was a new gb there and I needed to donate. No flag meant no new GBs, no need to open that thread. Simple solution for my simple mind.

Those who don't want to donate won't find it hard to ignore either version.

Dominator - X

The pluses that I see for having all STB on one thread is that you can see who is giving to everyone’s building. This can also be a negative, since there could be hurt feelings if a more successful or popular guild member get more FP on their GB from people than another one right after them. Or if people are giving to a building they approve of more (Alcatraz or Arc as opposed to Capitol lol), feelings can get hurt. What other pluses or negatives are there for doing a single thread as opposed to multiple threads for STB
Single. Because it has never been an issue.

Sherlock-Holmes2

The Guild I am does not have a separate Thread for Stixx to Bricks and it works well, as for identifying threads that you are not meant to Leave what the Guild I am in has done is place a couple of chevrons before and after the Thread name for example <><>GbG General Thread <><>.
Having a single thread would mean that some stixx would soon get lost and thus get hardly any FP placed on them, the general accepted rule is that at lest 1 FP is placed,
In the Guild I am in the GB owner has full control of their Thread.