• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Still being constantly attacked and plundered by people with points thousands ahead

DeletedUser22361

So I am still being constantly attacked daily in the hood with players that have thousands of points ahead of me and higher ages. No way to counter attack or defend my city. Here is a list and this is just within about 24 hrs. I have tried to suck it up but I logged in today and 4 farms were plundered over night. I have not listed the players names but most are the same each day. I listed as either Attack did not plunder or Plunder Attack in which they plundered

10/16/15:
Plunder Attack :4:07 am
Plunder Attack :2:43 am
Plunder Attack :1:05 am
Plunder Attack :12:18 am

10/15/15
Attack : 10:39 pm
Plunder Attack :10:10 pm
Plunder Attack : 9:11 pm
Attack : 8:09 pm
Attack : 5:05 pm
Attack : 2:16 pm
Attack : 12:47 pm
Attack : 11:48 AM
Attack : 10:53 am
Plunder Attack :12:47 AM

How can this be fair ? This has been happening each day from the first day in the new hood.

DeletedUser10415

Farms you say? As supply buildings, it's in your control to set what time they're ready for collection. Be there where they are and collect. Easy peasy.

DeletedUser15042

Like Glarg said, you can EASILY keep from EVER being plundered. You know exactly when your goods/coins/etc will be finished. It might not be convenient for you and most people have a life to tend too, but to say it is not fair is just not true. This is a war game and the person who puts more time into it will come out on top. It is your choice how much effort you want to put into it. If you choose to not be on when your goods and all are done producing that does not equal unfairness.

DeletedUser6490

like they say .... set your collection times to when you will be on , or stay logged out for a coupple weeks , and you will be move to a better hood :)

DeletedUser

Fundamental flaw in this game, allow allies to aid! money making idea!!!

Like Glarg said, you can EASILY keep from EVER being plundered. You know exactly when your goods/coins/etc will be finished. It might not be convenient for you and most people have a life to tend too, but to say it is not fair is just not true. This is a war game and the person who puts more time into it will come out on top. It is your choice how much effort you want to put into it. If you choose to not be on when your goods and all are done producing that does not equal unfairness.

I disagree! I logged on to this forum to complain about the same thing! I have been relentlessly attacked over the last 2 weeks once my points got over 10k. I requested aid from my guild, but to my surprise, I was told they could not help me and advised I need to get better defenses (the people who are attacking me are seriously thousands of points ahead of me) or "long play" my resource buildings out so they cannot be plundered. THAT IS NOT HOW REAL WAR WORKS FOLKS. How come we cant aid our guild brothers and sisters? Knowing a city is backed up by an allied army might make a would be bully think twice or at least come back with a bigger army.

I petition if we are able to aid our guild with donations to the treasury and give troops in defense on the global map, then why cant we request aid from the guild; gifts of resources and/or troops for our attacking armies or in defense of our cities? How would it work????

When solicited in a group message, each guild member may click on a button in a group message in response to a request for AID. Each guild member may give aid of resources or troops (aid of troops or resources can only be given that matches up to the allowable age(s) of the requesting member). I say allowable up to the allowable age(s) because clearly the game allows someone with Thousands of more points and way more advanced resources to attack a far lessor player. If that is the case, then we ought to be able to request aid from more powerful members of our own guild who are willing to help with more resources and more powerful troops. THAT IS WHAT ALLIES ARE FOR.

Once those resources are used they are gone. but if troops are killed in battle, they can be healed with diamonds or they are lost forever. There should be also a limit to the number of troops that can be given in aid, say start out with 4 additional slots you can purchase with your own resources (or diamonds) and an additional 4 with diamond purchase only for a total of 8 backup slots! this could be a huge money maker for the game if they wised up to this...

Mustapha00

Maybe Innogames would consider that idea, but I have my doubts because it would require introducing a completely new aspect to the game- "lending" troops for defense- with all the difficulties of implementing it. I'm not saying what you're going through is fair- although I have to point out that it is within the rules of the game- or that the problem isn't widespread, as it clearly is.

But- and I know you're going to hate me repeating it- there already is a way to deal with almost all of your problem, and that is to set production times to end when you are most sure you'll be on to collect them. I suppose that it is possible some players who specialize in Plundering might have some App, for all I know, that allows them to keep track of production times for various players that they are looking at attacking. Hey...it's possible, however unlikely. But dollars to doughnuts that working your production times will stop 90% of this.

As far as building a better defense, in my experience a knowledgeable player who knows what his troops can do, what you're troops can do (he can see what you have available, if not specifically, from viewing your city) and has attacked and defended hundreds of times will be able to either beat pretty much any defense or make it so costly to the other side that the price is too high for them to pay more than once. A fair number of folks want as easy a target as they can find, so even a defense made up of the best your Era can offer might- might- be enough of a deterrent to keep you safe. If they are way, way above you- and that happens- just know that it is almost certain that you will, at some point, be rotated out of that neighborhood, hopefully into a less aggressive one.

DeletedUser10517

I disagree! I logged on to this forum to complain about the same thing! I have been relentlessly attacked over the last 2 weeks once my points got over 10k. I requested aid from my guild, but to my surprise, I was told they could not help me and advised I need to get better defenses (the people who are attacking me are seriously thousands of points ahead of me) or "long play" my resource buildings out so they cannot be plundered. THAT IS NOT HOW REAL WAR WORKS FOLKS. How come we cant aid our guild brothers and sisters? Knowing a city is backed up by an allied army might make a would be bully think twice or at least come back with a bigger army.

I petition if we are able to aid our guild with donations to the treasury and give troops in defense on the global map, then why cant we request aid from the guild; gifts of resources and/or troops for our attacking armies or in defense of our cities? How would it work????

When solicited in a group message, each guild member may click on a button in a group message in response to a request for AID. Each guild member may give aid of resources or troops (aid of troops or resources can only be given that matches up to the allowable age(s) of the requesting member). I say allowable up to the allowable age(s) because clearly the game allows someone with Thousands of more points and way more advanced resources to attack a far lessor player. If that is the case, then we ought to be able to request aid from more powerful members of our own guild who are willing to help with more resources and more powerful troops. THAT IS WHAT ALLIES ARE FOR.

Once those resources are used they are gone. but if troops are killed in battle, they can be healed with diamonds or they are lost forever. There should be also a limit to the number of troops that can be given in aid, say start out with 4 additional slots you can purchase with your own resources (or diamonds) and an additional 4 with diamond purchase only for a total of 8 backup slots! this could be a huge money maker for the game if they wised up to this...

This wont ever happen.

People attacking you is no problem to you at all.....so what? They attack you and they win the fight....no big deal. Someone the same age as you could attack you and win the fight......its no problem as most of them are fighting for Tower Points.

What IS a problem is if those attackers then come and plunder your goods.
Let them plunder Coins and Supplies.....they are easy come, easy go..........and yes, your guildmates can help there anyway.
Everytime they Aid a Supply Building or house, it stops them being able to be plundered.

What your only real concern is preventing your GOODS from being plundered.......as they are the most valuable and time consuming to produce.

And how to stop them from being taken?

Set them going for 1 day at a time you KNOW you will be on to collect. So if you know you can always be online at 6pm, set them going for 1 day, and then collect at 6pm on the dot.

The Plunderers will get nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

So I am still being constantly attacked daily in the hood with players that have thousands of points ahead of me and higher ages. No way to counter attack or defend my city. Here is a list and this is just within about 24 hrs. I have tried to suck it up but I logged in today and 4 farms were plundered over night. I have not listed the players names but most are the same each day. I listed as either Attack did not plunder or Plunder Attack in which they plundered

10/16/15:
Plunder Attack :4:07 am
Plunder Attack :2:43 am
Plunder Attack :1:05 am
Plunder Attack :12:18 am

10/15/15
Attack : 10:39 pm
Plunder Attack :10:10 pm
Plunder Attack : 9:11 pm
Attack : 8:09 pm
Attack : 5:05 pm
Attack : 2:16 pm
Attack : 12:47 pm
Attack : 11:48 AM
Attack : 10:53 am
Plunder Attack :12:47 AM

How can this be fair ? This has been happening each day from the first day in the new hood.

Fair? You leave goods out to be taken, they take them. Seems fair enough to me.

Collect on time, and they cant get them.

DeletedUser2744

I attack everyone in my hood. Nothing personal; it's points. And like someone already pointed out, it's not hurting you to be attacked. I plunder goods if you leave them lying around, and coin or supplies if you don't bother to defend yourself.

If you're getting plundered at 4 in the morning - why are you setting your goods to collect then? Set things to collect when you can be there. And don't bother building 1-hour houses.

Guildmates can't do much unless they're in the same hood as you and your attacker, except polivate your buildings so they can't be plundered. If a guildmate in my hood is having trouble with an attacker, yes, I'll hit them; but I also recommend that they be proactive and take steps to minimize what a plunderer can get.

Is it fair? No. But no one ever said it had to be. Life isn't fair, get used to it. :)

lemonwedgie

Welcome to Forge of Empires, that is how the game works. The game won't change for you, you have to change for the game or find a different game.

We have all been there. We were all newbies once. When I first joined there was no such thing as a hoodshift, it was VERY unbalanced and I got spanked every day by players way above me. When you are attacked you lose NOTHING, your troops are safe. But there is the risk of being plundered so, pick up on time. What more can I say? Don't leave your goods lying around and they can't be plundered :)

DeletedUser13838

Guildmates can't do much unless they're in the same hood as you and your attacker, except polivate your buildings so they can't be plundered. If a guildmate in my hood is having trouble with an attacker, yes, I'll hit them; but I also recommend that they be proactive and take steps to minimize what a plunderer can get.

Guildmates of the victim can also attack guildmates of the attacker when possible.

DeletedUser15042

And they'll respond by attacking the weakest members in YOUR guild, which sucks in folks who are TOTALLY UNINTERESTED in that portion of the game.

Retaliation just makes everything worse.

Which is realistic. That is why there are truces and politics involved in this game. A strong guild can keep you from ever being plundered.

DeletedUser6490

Which is realistic. That is why there are truces and politics involved in this game. A strong guild can keep you from ever being plundered.

truces are a silly thing .... :) ...... it just means that you are scared of the guild you try to get a truce with

so you are just as much a victim as the people getting plundered all the time

DeletedUser15042

truces are a silly thing .... :) ...... it just means that you are scared of the guild you try to get a truce with

so you are just as much a victim as the people getting plundered all the time

How are truces a silly thing? There can be more to a truce than just not attacking each other. I have no issues with plundering so I have no need for truces. But for those that are constantly complaining about it, it can be very beneficial to them. They can either continue to not be able to collect goods and therefor be plundered, or they can work out something either one on one or through their guild.

It is not something I do, but there are different agreements within the guilds I am in that have been beneficial to all. To call it silly makes no sense. We have truces with guilds that have a tenth the power we do. We do not attack them and it benefits us greatly in what we negotiated in return. To think entering into a truce means you are scared makes zero sense.

DeletedUser6490

We have truces with guilds that have a tenth the power we do. We do not attack them and it benefits us greatly in what we negotiated in return.

you are proving my point ....... the smaller guild makes a truce with you so you will not attack them , and for not attacking them you expect something in return .. can someone say blackmail ???

the same way some people plunder someone and then tell them " if you dont want plundered anymore by me you must donate forge points to my babel .."

Czari

I have been relentlessly attacked over the last 2 weeks once my points got over 10k. I requested aid from my guild, but to my surprise, I was told they could not help me and advised I need to get better defenses (the people who are attacking me are seriously thousands of points ahead of me) or "long play" my resource buildings out so they cannot be plundered. <snip> How come we cant aid our guild brothers and sisters?

First, welcome to FoE! I remember when I first began playing and was attacked the first time. I had no idea why I was attacked, if my city and/or troops had been damaged in any way, etc. and was pretty bummed out so I do know how you feel. However, to your point, while some "rules" are fairly standard in most guilds (ie. motivating/polishing guildmates x number of times/week, etc.) others vary widely. I enjoy reading guild profiles and have seen some that state "If you attack a member of our guild, our entire guild will wreak havoc upon you" or words to that effect. In order to do that, however, members of the "avenging guild" and the attacked member's guild have to be in the same neighborhoods.

On the other hand, I have also seen profiles that state if a member is attacked they, as a guild, will not get involved which sounds like the stance your guild has and, very likely, a lot of guilds even if not explicitly stated. However, that doesn't prevent a stronger guildmate in one's neighborhood to help out if they choose. Back to when I started - I joined my guild within days of starting to play FoE and one of my new guildmates was #1 in my neighborhood with me being either last or in the last five. We began chatting just due to being in the same "hood" which turned into him becoming my first friend in FoE as well as a mentor for me in those early days. When I began getting attacked and plundered I mentioned it to him in passing. To my surprise, a few hours later he sent a message to me telling me that one of the attackers "had just lost his xyz goods." He regularly PvPs for Tower Tournament points but won't plunder unless someone doesn't put up a defense appropriate for the city's era.....orrrrrr, if someone plunders one of his guildmates. ;) After a couple of days one of the attackers sent a friend request to me and the other stopped attacking. We were in the same neighborhood for a long time and I was rarely attacked and never plundered while he was there but, in the meantime, I was learning the game - learning the basics of how the military units work, how to set up a decent defense, etc. I'm not always able to "collect on time" due to my schedule but having a good defense will deter a lot of the repeat attackers, especially if they lose a few units.

I don't plunder but I have talked to people who do and a few tips I was given by them were:

*DO have a defense. In the past I used the logic of "If you're going to attack me at least you won't get many points" and did not put up a defense which then defaults to 2 Bronze Age spearmen. Apparently this angers plunderers and they will keep coming back.
*Put up the strongest defense you can. Even if your army can't win, plunderers want easy targets so they can move on to the next person. Having to wait for units to heal slows them down.
*This is one I wouldn't have thought of: If you are not sure you can absolutely collect your goods on time, set them to 4-hr. intervals. Plunderers want the most goods they can get per fight so if all they get is 5 goods, especially if they also lose a couple of units, they will pass you up next time.

My main city is still in an early age but I began participating in PvP, became better at both attacking and defending, have learned what units make the best defense per era and now my city is rarely attacked and when I am I'm not plundered. Things will get better! I found that trying to outwit plunderers was fun all by itself. ;)

DeletedUser13838

*DO have a defense. In the past I used the logic of "If you're going to attack me at least you won't get many points" and did not put up a defense which then defaults to 2 Bronze Age spearmen. Apparently this angers plunderers and they will keep coming back.
It shouldn't anger anyone really since it's the same points for everyone in the neighborhood. The problem with not putting up a defense is that you open yourself to everyone in the hood for easy plunder, even if they are weaker.

Czari

It shouldn't anger anyone really since it's the same points for everyone in the neighborhood. The problem with not putting up a defense is that you open yourself to everyone in the hood for easy plunder, even if they are weaker.

I'm not a plunderer and was just passing along what someone who plunders regularly told me.

cbalto1927

I.AM.UR.KING is a push account, and a bot. why there are chinese letters in the message, how do i report this player?

DeletedUser8152

I.AM.UR.KING is a push account, and a bot. why there are chinese letters in the message, how do i report this player?

You can contact support by right clicking anywhere in the game screen and selecting 'Contact Support.' (This is in the browser version, I'm not actually sure how to do it via mobile.)

Last edited by a moderator: