• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Still being constantly attacked and plundered by people with points thousands ahead

DeletedUser17558

And that brings us to another good point, if you pace yourself you can also build up inventory reserves of goods, even ones you can't produce yet, which makes someone plundering you even less of an issue.

If you have a few hundred or thousand goods in your inventory who cares if someone is plundering some of your production.

Or, you can forgo goods buildings all together and just get what you can from your hood. Because plundering rocks.

DeletedUser15276

Recently I was put into a neighborhood in which I was the bottom dog and attacked and plundered on a regular basis by neighbors centuries more advanced than I was and tried two things: 1) After being plundered by somebody more far advanced I sent them an email stating "I don't mind being attacked to advance your points....but to plunder me is pretty downright low and unsportsman like." For the most part, I wasn't plundered again by those neighbors. 2) Delete your defenses to the minimum of two spear fighters....then you become not worth it.

if u got a 2 spearfighter defence , youre gonna get plundered, not real good thinking, someone told me that last week in the hood, i told em i dont need medals, im in FE, so i need tons of goods
just part of the game
like everybody said , collect on time, its not that hard

DeletedUser15276

Or, you can forgo goods buildings all together and just get what you can from your hood. Because plundering rocks.

thats right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rob from the hood and trade up, ive did that forever and had to build a whole lot less goods buildings, teching with other peoples goods is the best way to go, i dont care if ya aid me or not, your getting plundered, and the people that send whiney messages about it, they dont realize that they just make it that much worse on theirselves if ya got a good hood mafia of buds, then you can all just hit them

Algona

so your producing less goods, supplies and coin with the longer cycles.

Well, that's wrong for coins and supplies. 24 hour production allows full motivation. I'm making way more supplies and coins then I would be with shorter partially motivated production. And since they are all motivated, no plundering if I am late. And not having to be on constantly? Priceless.

As far as goods, I agree that IF you can Collect On Time, shorter cycles net you more. The advantage of the 24 hour thingie is that I know I will be on each day about the same time... The rest of the day is the chaos of life. So scoop up goods once per day, Instead of the 175 - 210 per day I could be producing, I'll live with the 140.

DeletedUser

Well, that's wrong for coins and supplies. 24 hour production allows full motivation. I'm making way more supplies and coins then I would be with shorter partially motivated production. And since they are all motivated, no plundering if I am late. And not having to be on constantly? Priceless.

As far as goods, I agree that IF you can Collect On Time, shorter cycles net you more. The advantage of the 24 hour thingie is that I know I will be on each day about the same time... The rest of the day is the chaos of life. So scoop up goods once per day, Instead of the 175 - 210 per day I could be producing, I'll live with the 140.
Guess it's a matter of how much time you have available as far as supplies go, I can easily make more running 15 minute cycles while watching TV/Chatting online whatever than only collecting once per day even with a motivate. Also with a 24 hour cycle your unlikely to take full advantage of a GB boost for supplies like from LoA.
Not feeling up to trying to do the math but pretty sure 1 hour houses can out produce 24 hour ones most times but you will have to check in over a greater portion of day so that becomes more of a wash especially since coin production is likely to be the least important part for most players.

DeletedUser13838

Not only do you have limited motivations but you also have limited boosts from rah and loa.

DeletedUser

40 collections from LoA, when have you seen a city with 40 or even 20 supply buildings?
Means one day cycle is wasting most of that bonus.
I've got 6 supply buildings in HMA that are producing all the supplies I need using 15 minute cycles.
If someone loots one no big deal cause I'll be running more cycles so at worst it's an extra 15 minute wait.
Unmotivated without factoring in GB boost it takes about 4 hours of 15 minute cycles to match a motivated 24 hour cycle. Getting to take full advantage of my LoA boost reduces that time greatly.

DeletedUser13838

The bonus applies to each cycle not each building. If you run 6 buildings every 15 minutes you use up the LOA bonus in less than 2 hours and applying it to a smaller base. And those cycles are also a lot less likely to be motivated. You'll also eventually get the RAH which has the same type of bonus as the LOA (and stacks). You'll eventually find that you get more supplies if you run cycles long enough so that each is motivated and has the stacked bonuses from your GBs.

DeletedUser8796

I admit i kinda do it a lil different i have 10 LMA goods buildings AND i plunder goods Plundering brings in around 250 ish goods per day while my goods buildings bring in 200 from them daily not too bad for my little LMA city it adds up SUPER fast. I just usually funnel the goods to my guild or gb donators.

DeletedUser

Yes I know I only get the LoA boost for the first 40 collections. I did the math thinking of running 1 hour or even longer production cycles and the loss in efficiency just wasn't worth it. Inno has set things up to reward shorter cycles as a way to keep people on the game for longer stretches as opposed to having people log in for 10 minutes once a day. Nothing wrong with running longer cycles if that fits your game play and real life schedule, just saying it's not the most efficient method.
Bottom line is that a 24 hour cycle means you'll only be getting a fraction of your boosts from GB.

Algona

15 minute cycle is 1/12 the amount of the daily cycle for supplies. 24 hour is always motivated, I doubt you can get many motivations on a 15 minute cycle, but we'll assume 50%.. If you run 10 supply buildings, you get 40 uses in the 15 minute cycle, 24 hour cycle all 10 are boosted. To simplify, let's say assume LoA is 100% boost.

Time for fun with math!

10 buildings at 24 hour productions get tripled from motivation and LoA, the equivalent of running 30 24 hour productions.

30 24 hour productions = 360 15 minute productions. 9 hours with 10 buildings.

40 are doubled from LoA. We assumed 50% are motivated (180 motivations!) so that's 220 free 15 minute productions.

So you need to run about 140 15 minute productions, with 10 buildings, that's 14 per building per day, that's 3.5 hours nursing the game. Of course with a more realistic 20% motivation you are at 40+72=112. 360-112 = 248, or 24 productions per building = 6 hours.

So, no. 15 minute cycles are not as productive as 1 day production. Unless ya got 4-8 hours per day to watch? I suspect the same analysis with 1, 4, 8 hour production cycles will show the 8 hour is the best.

Note the amount of times buildings get motivated is the key.

Done at !;30 in the AM for me, maths and/or assumptions could be way off, so do not take this as gospel, double check please.

DeletedUser

Maths look fairly decent as far as they go but there are some assumptions being made there.
1st is that buildings on 24 hour cycle will always be fully motivated. My friends list is far from full and even if I switched my housing to 24 hour housing I doubt that my Guild, hood and friends would keep me fully motivated at all times.
I realize I'm probably an exception, but my current life situation does allow me to make repeated checks (nurse the game) for extended periods throughout the day. Because of this using short cycles 15 minutes or 1 hour lets me make a lot more collection than many I'm sure. All the extra collections I can make with a 15 minute cycle because it's more efficient in supplies over time means for me in my situation I'm ahead of where longer cycles even with boosts and motivates would have me.

There's a thread around the forums someplace where a building efficiency analysis taking into account a variety of factors was done and if my memory serves right it showed that if a player had the time/ability to collect 1 hour cycles were most efficient for most but shorter cycles could be better with more time and longer cycles were best for those who had little time or didn't want to be bothered with game for extended periods. The thread even gave a formula for players to figure out their play time and how to use that to read the charts to find their most efficient buildings. Interesting reading but probably too much math/effort for most players to really get into.

Anyways as you say it's about time for Cinderella's coach to turn into a pumpkin so calling it a night as well.
Great discussion and best of luck in FoE.

Mustapha00

That's the thing with Algona.

While your eyes may glaze over as Professor Algona does his math- and mine does, I assure you- he's never wrong.

Algona

I really appreciate that, but I may be horribly wrong.

I Forgot to take into account doing a mixture. for example an 8 and 3 4 hour rounds of collection to take advantage of GB boosts, then a bunch of 5 or 15 minute collections. If one had the time. I'll play with the numbers.

DeletedUser34672

How do you plunder?
Sorry but I'm new here, haven't seen the option that allows me to plunder :)
You have to unlock military tactics in the Iron age and then you can attack your neighbors and plunder them.

Volodya

Is this Necro Day? This is the second thread resurrected this morning. This one 2 years since last post and the other 5 years. o_O
I find it annoying too, but in their defense it's easy enough to find an appropriate-seeming post via search and reply to it not noticing the date. I would support a change to this forum where threads are closed to new comments after a certain interval. That's common enough elsewhere.

DeletedUser30900

Some guys above said you can barely find any city with over 40 supply buildings :)