• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Still being constantly attacked and plundered by people with points thousands ahead

DeletedUser10517

I'm glad I don't live next to you in real life! Do you start with water balloons over the fence and escalate from there, or move right into Molotov cocktails from the get-go?

Yes, I'm being facetious... but not entirely. Some of us DO see our FoE neighborhood as a virtual community, at least potentially; we'd rather help our neighbors advance in the game than try to destroy them. One of my best in-game friendships was made when she and I organized a sort of "neighborhood watch" group in our neighborhood to--very effectively--resist a hyper-aggressive newcomer by communicating info about their attacking army and defenses, attack times, collection times, etc. to the rest of the neighborhood. This coordinated resistance pretty quickly got them to stop their attacks until they eventually were moved to another neighborhood. Neighbors can and often do act in a neighborly way, on Forge of Empires just as much as in meat-space.

Of course they can....but that wasnt the point being addressed.

Chalto said that being nice to neighbours is better for a player than attacking them......and that is not true in the grand scheme of things.

DeletedUser17558

I'm glad I don't live next to you in real life! Do you start with water balloons over the fence and escalate from there, or move right into Molotov cocktails from the get-go?

Yes, I'm being facetious... but not entirely. Some of us DO see our FoE neighborhood as a virtual community, at least potentially; we'd rather help our neighbors advance in the game than try to destroy them. One of my best in-game friendships was made when she and I organized a sort of "neighborhood watch" group in our neighborhood to--very effectively--resist a hyper-aggressive newcomer by communicating info about their attacking army and defenses, attack times, collection times, etc. to the rest of the neighborhood. This coordinated resistance pretty quickly got them to stop their attacks until they eventually were moved to another neighborhood. Neighbors can and often do act in a neighborly way, on Forge of Empires just as much as in meat-space.

See, I think neighbors are here to help ME advance. They give me stuff, I get further along. There is nothing a neighbor can do for me that guildies and friends can't, except give me tower points and goods for free (or at minimal cost). I will take your anecdotal evidence of stopping an aggressive player from playing the game the way it was meant to be played for exactly what it is worth.

cbalto1927

I agree, those who choose to attack rather than advanced himself really going no-where. I am now Industrial age, and the player still in late middle age. It looks like all he ever play is to attack attack thats it. Thats not fun to me. I first started this game out by attacking people, then i realized that eventually i would need goods and blue prints for my GB's. By trading and " playing nice" at start proves good in the long run. I am sure no player willing to trade/ M/P the player after being aggressive all of the time. What surprising why didn't the neighbor merge started on monday? Most of my neighbor are inactive/quit because of that one player destorys it all. For those who think plundering is the ONLY thing is wrong. In any war games just like this one, it takes combinations of attack and protecting yourself, trading with other players. I would agree a Virtual Community works best in the long run.

DeletedUser10076

I agree, those who choose to attack rather than advanced himself really going no-where. I am now Industrial age, and the player still in late middle age. It looks like all he ever play is to attack attack thats it. Thats not fun to me. I first started this game out by attacking people, then i realized that eventually i would need goods and blue prints for my GB's. By trading and " playing nice" at start proves good in the long run. I am sure no player willing to trade/ M/P the player after being aggressive all of the time. What surprising why didn't the neighbor merge started on monday? Most of my neighbor are inactive/quit because of that one player destorys it all. For those who think plundering is the ONLY thing is wrong. In any war games just like this one, it takes combinations of attack and protecting yourself, trading with other players. I would agree a Virtual Community works best in the long run.

You have been led astray by the players.

1. Attacking and plundering assists you at any age.
-FE will be coming soon. I have already plundered the goods to research two tech right off the bat, so ill be in the new age moments after launch( or at least when i log on)
-with the new bazaar fps can be plunder assisting your research.
-Units are there to fight and die for you. If they aren't plundering after they have died for your glorious empire then you really just pissed on their grave.(in other words the cost coin/supplies/city space use them to their full potential which includes taking other peeps coin/supplies/goods)
2. Yes plundering does have to be on a daily basis, this encourages activity on both the attacker and defender.
3. NEVER....NEVER....EVER...EVER...send your fps outside of your guild. If your going to lvling a gb it might as well be guildie. If you have outgrown you guild, send them to a friend..but never make someone in your hood stronger, they are your only direct competitors.
4. Nukes? use your science..if you had them, he would have them..science.
5. I have discussed the "anti plundering mentality" at length, and there can be no doubt that it has hurt the game. Look at the gvg map, that should be enough prove the player base has a distinct lack of competitive spirit. And i blame these "higher player" telling you plundering doesn't work..it does...get to it. Find some mentors that have a better understanding of game immediately. Because YOU won't be getting very far with them.
6. Friends and Guilds are for aid and trade...your neighbors are your only direct competitors.
7. This is strategy game of which war plays a significant part in. Handling yourself in the hood is game basics, how can you be a good guildie if you can't even handle your hood?

DeletedUser10517

Youre in Industrial Age, and the Plundering Menace is in Late Middle Ages??

I think you need to find a good guild, and then take some advice on how to play the game to your fullest potential.........at the moment you are being fed bad advice from other neighbours and perhaps from a not so good guild.

Look up guilds in the Global List, join a good one, and ASK ASK ASK for advice.......then FOLLOW IT.

People have given you advice on here.........try listening....and following that advice.

You gloss over posts by people who give you an alternative outlook......how is that helping you?
Neighbours are not there to assist you......and you get MUCH MUCH more from them by Attacking them.
If you dont understand how, then ask and listen......but dont ignore it.

DeletedUser8428

he has rouges, watch-fires alot of them, and alot of premium buildings as well. It looks like a Diamond player with deep pockets.
Scapegoating. Rogues, watchfires and premium buildings are all available through events and even routine quests.

Since "diamond players" (I'm not even sure what that is, really since all players earn some diamonds via quests and wishing wells - I think you mean those who spend cash for diamonds) make it possible for those who don't spend cash to play this game for nothing, it's a shame that you talk about them as though they are a different breed of player.

As many others can and have already said - the fact that he has rogues and watchfires (which have nothing to do with his ability to plunder you) means squat. If he's an age behind you or more, his army is less powerful than yours, even with rogues. The reason he's beating you is because you're not properly defending.

Ruby gave GREAT advice -
"I think you need to find a good guild, and then take some advice on how to play the game to your fullest potential.........at the moment you are being fed bad advice from other neighbours and perhaps from a not so good guild.
Look up guilds in the Global List, join a good one, and ASK ASK ASK for advice.......then FOLLOW IT."

DeletedUser10517

he has rouges, watch-fires alot of them, and alot of premium buildings as well. It looks like a Diamond player with deep pockets.

It doesnt matter what HE has...... What HE has only affects you if YOU attack him.

YOU are in the Industrial Age.....so you should have Industrial Age troops in your Defence.....so he would need to get past troops that are two ages above his troops.

What do you have in defences now?

- - - Updated - - -

Rogue Hideouts were available to win in the Summer Event.....Watchfires were available in the Easter Egg Event.
Many Premium buildings are also available in all the events.

It does not mean he is spending a lot on diamonds.

But as Ive said above, what he has in his town is immaterial.........what matters is YOUR defences.

DeletedUser9732

Youre in Industrial Age, and the Plundering Menace is in Late Middle Ages??

That would be hilarious, although it appears he is actually only in Colonial.

Watchfires are defense only, and premium buildings don't impact attack. Rogues are a bit of a menace though.

Actually, I'm on H, so I looked the two of you up. He's only got a couple windmills for premium buildings, although plenty of event buildings. GBs more advanced than his age, but that could be from trading up all his plundered goods. :p You only have the speaker's corner/champion barrack from events, but a bunch of diamond buildings (multistory, mansion, plantation house, windmill, 2 spice traders, 3 palaces, 1 circus). So far it is looking like you're the diamond player here.

15 combined levels on attack GBs, so 45% boost for him, plus an LMA speaker's corner. You only have 2 zeus levels and the speaker's corner.

He's got 15-20 watchtowers, 3 levels on defense GBs, and a monastery, so reasonable defense. You've just got the monastery and 2 deal levels.

With those stats, it is reasonable that he can (and apparently will) beat you every day. And I'd venture he has a decent def army that your boost would have trouble with. In both cases that will especially be true since you haven't built any CA troop buildings yet. It looks like he's just far more into the attacking aspect of the game, and has the defense to back it up. You are the diamond player, and only care about the attack side insofar as you don't like getting plundered, but not enough to actually do something about it.

DeletedUser23706

Cbalto.....Games are different....what works in one game might not work in another. This isnt civilisation.....and as such, it has different criteria and strategy.

Not everyone likes the same games......

As for the points you made......they are not entirely accurate.
Dont think of Neighbours as people to help.......they are people to Attack.

I NEVER Mo/Po my neighbours........NEVER! I get my blueprints from Mo/Po'ing my Guildmates and Friends (of which you can have 140) .....and sometimes, as a bonus, I get a Blueprint from my Neighbours after I have attacked them. The rate from getting a BP from Plundering isnt lower.....it just SEEMS lower.

I also would never expect my neighbours to take my Trades very early in the game......nor do I take neighbours trades........they cost 1 forge point when all said and done.

When a player is in a good guild, with good trading, there is no need to do anything with neighbours except attack them......afterall, that is what they are there for.

Attacking neighbours = Points on your overall total + Tower Points in various towers + any plundered goods etc.

Attacking neighbours for Tower Points is MUCH MUCH more valuable than the odd trade or Mo/Po becuase Tower Points = MEDALS and Medals = Expansions...........and they are the most valuable asset in the game.

You could change neighbourhoods and the old Plunderer is gone..........instead, you might have 3 new Plunderers.

Learn to collect on time, and plan your goods properly......then attacks wont bother you in the slightest. Learning that now will hold you in good stead for later, because it will only get worse the higher you get.

People are meshing two distinctly different topics in one thread. We have players who are simply opposed to the whole concept of plunder and consider it a classless act. That is different than the unbalanced neighborhood algorithm, which is what this thread is really about.

I don't like plundering, in general. It's kind of a classless part of the game much like armed robbery in real life. Or in history, it's a Mongol fetish, or akin to what Sadaam did to Kuiwait in 1991. But it's part of the game, and isn't going away.

The real problem is the game design gives us two methods to protect our cities. With unbalanced neighborhoods, the designers have taken one method completely away, defensive armies. It's like it's not even a part of the game for those stuck at the bottom of the grossly unbalanced neighborhoods. And that's the rub. Really poor game balance design....among the worst I have seen anywhere. No player in any neighborhood should be more than one, two at most, age(s) different than any other player to keep some game balance, and ensure that ALL the self protection mechanisms the designers provided can be applied in ALL cases.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9732

Well, yeah, the super unbalanced hoods are a problem. For instance, I'm in TE in 3 worlds. In 2 of those worlds there's a handful of ~LMA players tacked on to the end of the hood, the third has a lone ME player. This is definitely something worth complaining about, and it should be fixed. Plundering as a general thing is not, and is a part of the game.

DeletedUser10517

People are meshing two distinctly different topics in one thread. We have players who are simply opposed to the whole concept of plunder and consider it a classless act. That is different than the unbalanced neighborhood algorithm, which is what this thread is really about.

I don't like plundering, in general. It's kind of a classless part of the game much like armed robbery in real life. Or in history, it's a Mongol fetish, or akin to what Sadaam did to Kuiwait in 1991. But it's part of the game, and isn't going away.

The real problem is the game design gives us two methods to protect our cities. With unbalanced neighborhoods, the designers have taken one method completely away, defensive armies. It's like it's not even a part of the game for those stuck at the bottom of the grossly unbalanced neighborhoods. And that's the rub. Really poor game balance design....among the worst I have seen anywhere. No player in any neighborhood should be more than one, two at most, age(s) different than any other player to keep some game balance, and ensure that ALL the self protection mechanisms the designers provided can be applied in ALL cases.
The game designers gave you SOME ways to protect your assets and they also gave us SOME ways in which to keep us on our toes.

It doesnt all have to be easy and boring and equal......a variety is good and works two ways. Lower people can attack higher people for higher goods.....doesnt always have to be one way.

Even so......if everyone in my hood was exactly the same age or one age above me, I would STILL beat them every time.

So who does that help??

DeletedUser17558

I don't see this thread being about unbalanced hoods at all. The OP said that the plunderer(s) were only a few thousand points ahead of him. And then cbalto hijacked the thread and it turns out his problem is only being plundered, but it is being done by someone at a lower age than he is that he still can't beat. There is no mention that I see (but could have missed) of unbalanced hoods being the issue.

I also think you are putting words into the mouth of others by saying they think plundering is a classless act. YOU think plundering is a classless act. I disagree since it is expressly allowed and tacitly condoned.

And people should stop equating real life occurances to things that happen in this game. That is a strawman argument. No one is condoning robbery, the mongol invasion, or anything Sadaam did. To equate the plundering with any of those acts in any degree is absurd. Most people play games to get away from reality and do things they wouldn't do in real life, so stop trying to connect the dots between how a person plays the game and how they conduct themselves in the adult world.

Volodya

See, I think neighbors are here to help ME advance. They give me stuff, I get further along. There is nothing a neighbor can do for me that guildies and friends can't, except give me tower points and goods for free (or at minimal cost). I will take your anecdotal evidence of stopping an aggressive player from playing the game the way it was meant to be played for exactly what it is worth.
Um... Any player can use whatever strategy and tactics they choose, as long as they don't cheat. When we organized the neighborhood, we were ALSO playing the game "the way it was meant to be played." By definition, since it was done entirely within both the letter and the spirit of the rules. I get that aggressive players dislike it when their victims have a real chance to fight back--hence the endless whining about "overpowered" watchfires--but you'll forgive me if I don't much care. I suppose I could indeed have invented the entire "anecdote"--obviously I have no way to prove it happened--but why would I do that? Occam's Razor should tell you that it probably went down the way I described it.

DeletedUser10517

Um... Any player can use whatever strategy and tactics they choose, as long as they don't cheat. When we organized the neighborhood, we were ALSO playing the game "the way it was meant to be played." By definition, since it was done entirely within both the letter and the spirit of the rules. I get that aggressive players dislike it when their victims have a real chance to fight back--hence the endless whining about "overpowered" watchfires--but you'll forgive me if I don't much care. I suppose I could indeed have invented the entire "anecdote"--obviously I have no way to prove it happened--but why would I do that? Occam's Razor should tell you that it probably went down the way I described it.
How could a neighbourhood group together to 'fight back' if you are all lower ages and dont fight?

Sure, you can all swap information......"He attacked me at 7am my time with 1 Treb and 7 rogues" or "He attacked me and plundered my Gold at 8pm"

Other than that kind of thing, what can you do to stop an attacker from attacking?

And how can you be sure that whatever you think you did was the reason he stopped attacking? He could very well have reached his goal and stopped attacking anyway. (Exactly what I did a few weeks back. I just stopped attacking)

DeletedUser10415

I've organized my neighborhood too....

Profile:
Aid, please. That's what I'll be doing for you. Often there will be nothing to M/P when you aid. That's fine.
The aiding action is what matters - Lets me know I'm loved. :D

Great Building in Progress: Atomium

Neighbors:
My preference is for mutual aid. Towards that end, I'll be aiding everyone the first part of the week. By Friday, if you haven't tried to aid me at all, I'll probably be trying to plunder you over the weekend. If you've aided me only once, I might try to plunder you, depending on my needs. If you've aided me two or more times, I won't plunder you.

Alternatively, I make the unreasonable offer of plunder immunity from me by donating at least 10 forge points weekly before Friday to the "Great Building in Progress" shown higher up in my profile.

DeletedUser17558

1st, I haven't seen any complaining lately about "overpowered" watchfires. 2nd, just the fact that you label people who are plundered as victims lets everyone else know that you have a motive to put out a false narrative. 3rd, Occam's Razor doesn't apply since you are only implying one hypothesis as to how your neighborhood dealt with the plunderer, and it was anything but a simple fix.

I am not telling you you can't use a particular strategy, but Inno WANTS you to attack and plunder other players. It is a war game with city building tossed in. Even the prompts on the loading screen tell you that you should be attacking and plundering.

DeletedUser23706

I don't see this thread being about unbalanced hoods at all. The OP said that the plunderer(s) were only a few thousand points ahead of him. And then cbalto hijacked the thread and it turns out his problem is only being plundered, but it is being done by someone at a lower age than he is that he still can't beat. There is no mention that I see (but could have missed) of unbalanced hoods being the issue.

I also think you are putting words into the mouth of others by saying they think plundering is a classless act. YOU think plundering is a classless act. I disagree since it is expressly allowed and tacitly condoned.

And people should stop equating real life occurances to things that happen in this game. That is a strawman argument. No one is condoning robbery, the mongol invasion, or anything Sadaam did. To equate the plundering with any of those acts in any degree is absurd. Most people play games to get away from reality and do things they wouldn't do in real life, so stop trying to connect the dots between how a person plays the game and how they conduct themselves in the adult world.

Nonsense. They way you play these games says a LOT about the kind of person you are. Plundering and War have nothing to do with one another. How you treat your enemy after the battle has nothing to do with the battle or its tactics. My general take is a rabid plunderer would also be one of those apt to be a looter in time of Civil unrest.

Again, this thread is not about the act of plunder. They put the feature in the game to allow people to play the role of classless jerk if they wanted to, and it does add that "villian" aspect to the game.

The real problem is the insanely unballance neighborhoods. That is a SERIOUS design flaw. Every player in the game, should be able to lay at least some substantial cost on any attacker, so long as they took all the prescribed actions to defend themselves. But when you can have 2 dozen watchfires, a monastary, and a level 7 Deal and 7 St. Basil and you still only inflict two pips damage on an attacker, then that is a SERIOUSLY BROKEN game facet.