• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Stone Mason

DeletedUser

I just built the Stone Mason building as I am in need of 15 stone in order to unlock the next expansion for my city (from Architecture). How disappointed I was when the building finally erected and I go in only to find out that its just like the marble, takes forever to make any - its going to take me almost a week to make enough stone to unlock my next expansion, and there's no room for anything else in my city so I'm basically stuck for an entire week without being able to build anything.

The question I have (as I know you cannot answer the other one rolling around in my mind right now - if its worth waiting around to make all this stone or should I just give up on this game right now) is why the menu for making stone doesn't make any sense. You see, it says that it takes 4 HOURS to make ONE stone, which if that isn't ridiculous enough on its own, I'm given the option of making stone for 2 DAYS, but as a result I only get SIX stone.

I know I'm not the best at math, but this doesn't make much sense to me. If we go by the 4 hour package, you can fit 12 packages of 4 hours in a 48 hour period of time. What this means is that if you were to use the 4 hour option we get 6 stone per day, or 12 stone total. This is actually TWICE the amount given in the menu, where it says you can make 6 stone in a period of 2 days.

So why do I get this incredible feeling of someone trying to rip me off? Does this somehow make any sense to you? Is this a glitch?

DeletedUser

In the map, you unlock plots of land that give you the option to make supplies MUCH faster.

You should just try to trade up to the items you need if you don't have the land for that certain type of product.

DeletedUser

In the map, you unlock plots of land that give you the option to make supplies MUCH faster.

You should just try to trade up to the items you need if you don't have the land for that certain type of product.

Is there a guide out there somewhere to explain these terrain types? Would it help if I moved it to some terrain that had whatever this magic resource is? Is there a way for me to determine whether any of the land parcels that I already own have any of these magic resources? Thanks!

The problem I'm seeing with trading is that I don't have anything that anyone else would want. My marble factory is about as bad, if not worse, than this stone mason. I did battle for territory that said that I would have some sort of bonus to my marble but there is no clear indication on how this is supposed to be used.

DeletedUser

Have you one that territory yet? If so, your production capabilities would multiply by 4. Through the first set of territories you will gain two goods boosts, two of either stone, marble, lumber, dye, or wine.
My suggestion is once you get those you make the applicable goods buildings which will provide much better production rates so that you will have items to trade for what you need (and might not be able to produce at good rates yourself).

DeletedUser2738

The plots of land twist is talking about comes from the continental map. Certain conquered provinces will have a resource that provides a 5x boost to one of the five goods from that age but you have to take over every sector of that province for that to work. As to trading you can always make an offer and see if anyone will take it or try and trade for one thing to trade for what you're really needing.

I do feel your exasperation at how slow the game plays but you're not getting ripped off with the 2 day production (although I can't remember the price for a two production). I don't know how to explain in a coherent thought as to how the games production teirs make sense but I do understand their reasoning maybe Twist could explain that part for you.

DeletedUser

Basically; shorter production times generally provide a better ratio for time spent. Making up the number, but for instance 5 minutes will give you 10 coins, 15 minutes might only give you 25 coins. You give up the best possible ratio for the convenience of not having to click in every 5 minutes. (of course, longer production times also have the added benefit of more potential for a motivation that will double the output... virtually useless on a short production timeframe)
I think that goods building are truly the only set that have an exception to this. The 4 hour and 8 hour production options have the same cost/benefit ratio. If you go to 1/2 days you will lose out some, but it all depends on how you play... in regards to when you play really.

DeletedUser

if you sell a goods building, what happens to all of the goods you had in storage? Do you lose them?

DeletedUser3643

Have you one that territory yet? If so, your production capabilities would multiply by 4.

excuse me, I got a territory with Rock, and it says that it boosts Stone Mason, but the production is still the regular, do i need to do something to boost the production?

DeletedUser3364

A Little More Info:
Everyone gets Two out of the available Five Goods for each Age:
I have found (Through Trial and Error!) { Opinion follows }
It is really Best to concentrate on your Boosted Production,
and rely on Trade to cover the other goods.

Simple Economics:
If you Have ' Rock' and 'flower', say
Building Stone Mason and Dye works nets you 10 goods every four hours;
any other Goods Building nets you only One: { 5/1 10/2 }. 10 if you build 2!

If you Have a Guild (and you really should!)
you can trade at 1:1 for every other Good,
and still come out further ahead
than if you build a goods building for a non-resource Good.

Even without a Guild:
you can trade by paying a forge point
(as sometimes a smaller guild will still
come up short on a needed resource).

This becomes exponentially more important in Later Ages,
where Building Costs and Production Costs
start to -really- get prohibitively expensive:
Being a 'Generalist' just doesn't Pay!

The Game is designed to
have a social component or six built into it,
and trading for Goods (especially through Guilds)
is one of the more successful ways it accomplishes this~