• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stop the Plundering INNO !!!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser32439
  • Start date

Graviton

If you don't like a feature in a game, tell the company. They can't fix it if they don't know you don't like it.

Features are features, not bugs, and therefore don't need to be fixed. This game has always featured plundering. It's one of the features that draw a lot of people to the game. Inno has a plunder-free game that otherwise resembles this one, give that game a go before trying to stamp it out in this one.

Jase249

Spoken like the a true, never employed, societal leech. If you've ever had a job, you would know.
1. You don't get to play games while you're there ... not even for 30 seconds (and there's no way you can collect everything in 30 seconds anyways - the animation delays take longer than that).
2. Jobs last more than < 1, 1, 4, or 8 hours, which is the range of collection duration on virtually everything in the game.

Spoken like an incredibly presumptuous, arrogant fool who makes absurd statements based on false premises.

1. If you work in the United States, you are legally guaranteed break periods. I like to check my city on my lunch break (if you absolutely must know, I'm a motorcycle mechanic and yes I am employed full-time; except for a couple months in school I've been employed at least part-time since I was 14).
2. Getting back on-topic, virtually every building in the game has a 24 hour production option. Every production and goods building does, and almost all GB collections are on 24 hour timers, so...fail (though admittedly GBs can't be plundered anyway). The only thing that you can't really control are residential and that's just coins.

No, it's like saying thousands and thousands of games have been written over time, and wise people have learned from the successes and the failures. As a result, good games have certain things in common, and bad games have certain things in common. Plundering is a feature lifted from bad games. Many games had similar features and deleted the feature because all the customers hated them.

If you don't like a feature in a game, tell the company. They can't fix it if they don't know you don't like it.

Yeah, no one's ever registered a complaint about plundering hurting their feelings, being unfair, being mean, etc. You have truly broken new ground and made a remarkable discovery. I'm sure Inno will cut you a slice of the game profits for alerting them to this previously-unknown situation. Must be why the company only makes ~$180,000,000 a year.

Seriously dude, chill out. If you want to have an honest and civil discussion about plundering, possible strategies to defeat your plunderer, strategies to avoid it, etc. there are a lot of good, experienced players here who would be happy to have a reasonable dialogue with you. If you're just going to scream about a game feature that has always been there and in all likelihood always will be while launching insulting personal attacks, that's not what the forum is for. If your self-control is so poor you simply must delve into such invective, do it in a direct-message conversation rather than clogging up the thread with such nonsense.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31592

Turn animations off. I can definitely collect in under 30 seconds assuming I am not trying to fulfill any recurring quests while doing so. You can do that much on a bathroom break.

And, as mentioned, 24-hour productions. Use them.

DeletedUser30900

Spoken like the a true, never employed, societal leech. If you've ever had a job, you would know.
1. You don't get to play games while you're there ... not even for 30 seconds (and there's no way you can collect everything in 30 seconds anyways - the animation delays take longer than that).

I
Find a job that requires a degree and you will see the world is different. Well, you have to have a degree first though

DeletedUser8428

2. Jobs last more than < 1, 1, 4, or 8 hours, which is the range of collection duration on virtually everything in the game.
No, it's like saying thousands and thousands of games have been written over time, and wise people have learned from the successes and the failures. As a result, good games have certain things in common, and bad games have certain things in common. Plundering is a feature lifted from bad games. Many games had similar features and deleted the feature because all the customers hated them.

So first of all, tons of people who play this game work for a living and they make this work for them. There are 24- and 48-hour production for just this purpose. Has worked for me for a long time. I have no problem picking up my items on time - the best anti plundering protection there is.

And speaking of plunder - "If you don't like a feature in a game, tell the company". NO. If you don't like a feature in a game, CHOOSE ANOTHER GAME. I do not understand this insistence by players that since they don't like something about a game the developer must change it. That's why there is such a variety of games online and off. All games do not suit all players - you found one you don't like? Then play something else.

DeletedUser34398

So first of all, tons of people who play this game work for a living and they make this work for them. There are 24- and 48-hour production for just this purpose. Has worked for me for a long time. I have no problem picking up my items on time - the best anti plundering protection there is.

And speaking of plunder - "If you don't like a feature in a game, tell the company". NO. If you don't like a feature in a game, CHOOSE ANOTHER GAME. I do not understand this insistence by players that since they don't like something about a game the developer must change it. That's why there is such a variety of games online and off. All games do not suit all players - you found one you don't like? Then play something else.

I have gotten used to being "plundered" once in a while. It doesn't happen as often and over time doesn't bother me because it depends on what the target is. If its a fp here or there it is small compared to what I win through challenges. Also I am impressed with some members who do attack my cities, they use extremely high boosts and the best soldiers they have including all rogues. I guess I should feel honored they are not attacking with weaker soldiers thinking my defense is weak. Being attacked though does help in improving city defense and what needs to be worked on. As the neighbor rotation happens, usually there is a group though that will not attack at all for those 2 weeks and that is the time to focus and work on things needed in the cities.

wolfhoundtoo

They should tell the game if they don't like a feature...…..after all the game might be changed for them in a year or two. o_O

Your advice is good though for those that really hate a feature as much as some of the posters here seem to hate being plundering. Seriously if any of you hate it so much that it ruins the game for you then why keep playing? Also give Elvenar a try last I heard that doesn't have plundering and it's pretty similar to FOE.

Full disclosure: I didn't like it. o_O

DeletedUser35983

Well, things have changed a bit. I used to get plundered, but when all my goods were low level, it was not that big a deal. Now you have refined goods, which take other goods to make them. With that, you now have to have the right unrefined good boost and the boost for the refined good. Maybe I am just unlucky, but seems like I can barely get 1 good per age I can make anymore. So when the upper goods get plundered, you lose both sets of goods (the unrefined and the refined you were making). And now, INNO has added Plunder bonus GB which just encourages more ruthless plundering. Many of the players who have played the longest or have invested the most points in bonuses don't even build a goods building. They just plunder everything and make the game miserable for the other 80% of the players. In my opinion, INNO has ruined what started out a good game by continually heading in the wrong direction.

DeletedUser35475

if your goods keep getting plundered try collecting them in 4 hour increments instead of 8 or 24. it throws people off plus you can still collect some if they do manage to plunder.

DeletedUser35831

Collect on time......
You should be thankful you didn't play when neighborhoods were a free-for-all. The top player in a world could be in a neighborhood with a brand new player. You think you get plundered now....

I mean, it's not THAT different now. You'll routinely get into neighborhoods with people that are simply invincible as far as you're concerned. Even in super low ages. People with a high level Arc pumping all their military buildings into the stratosphere and attacking all of their "real" HMA neighbors with infinite rogues. Not to mention that point trading/contributing/etc is totally ruined for all the "real" newbies when they're playing alongside level 80 Arc types.

Hell, I saw a guy in my bronze age neighborhood on another server with nearly a million score. (Not that it matters there, he can't attack you yet, but you get the point)

Sometimes I think they should create neighborhoods based on average score or age of account or something. Stick all of those, "I've been in HMA for 2.5 years, lol" people in a neighborhood together and let them see if it's worth beating each other up anymore. Of course, they'll probably rant about how that would be unfair to them or something, so eh.

DeletedUser35475

I mean, it's not THAT different now. You'll routinely get into neighborhoods with people that are simply invincible as far as you're concerned. Even in super low ages. People with a high level Arc pumping all their military buildings into the stratosphere and attacking all of their "real" HMA neighbors with infinite rogues. Not to mention that point trading/contributing/etc is totally ruined for all the "real" newbies when they're playing alongside level 80 Arc types.

Hell, I saw a guy in my bronze age neighborhood on another server with nearly a million score. (Not that it matters there, he can't attack you yet, but you get the point)

Sometimes I think they should create neighborhoods based on average score or age of account or something. Stick all of those, "I've been in HMA for 2.5 years, lol" people in a neighborhood together and let them see if it's worth beating each other up anymore. Of course, they'll probably rant about how that would be unfair to them or something, so eh.

The thing is they can only attack you once a day so if you have a plunder jerk attacking all the time there are things you can do. Note when they attack you. then adjust you buildings that can be plundered to sort of get them off schedule. Offer a sacrificial lamb if you can. Put that terrace farm on a 5 minute collection or just restart you plunderable buildings to a time period you can collect pretty much on time the next day. If you have a set that can be plundered just move 1 piece to re-set the timer. Put your goods buildings on 4 hours for one collection to try to confuse them.

Part of what makes the game interesting are these type of cat and mouse games. Sometimes you get plundered and sometimes they get a handful of coins. The good thing is it always costs you nothing.

DeletedUser35983

I agree, there are a bunch of jerk that play this game. They attack you and then check back every 15 minutes to see if something good is ready to be plundered. Even varying collection time does not seem to phase these jerks.. Occasional plunder okay. Every freaking day by the same jerk or two in your hood... And if you say a word to any of them, half of them call you names or make fun of you.

The neighborhoods are so unequal. I have like 4 million, and there are guys in the same hood with 40+ million (10x my size). Total crap.

Thanks INNO for ruining what used to be a fun game.

qaccy

Plundering is part of the game. Plundering is also a far lower impact in this game than it is in other games that have a similar premise. If you get plundered consistently, odds are that's more on you to improve your gameplay somewhere. Of course, there are some people out there who will regularly refresh their victims' cities to try to grab something within minutes (or even seconds) after it's popped up, but those people are very few and far between compared to the norm. Most who attack won't even plunder at all, or at least won't check back later if they can't grab something the first time.

But to repeat, if plundering is such an issue for anyone, I have to ask....why are you trying to blame the game rather than taking a look at your own playing habits? Why would you waste time letting your collections sit out for an extended period of time, even if plundering wasn't a factor? If a building isn't constantly producing, you're not using your space/time effectively. If you can only collect two 8-hour productions a day for goods, for instance, you might as well just do a 24-hour production instead which is much easier to time to a period when you can be able to collect it, and you'll be producing the exact same amount. The impetus on preventing plundering is on the individual player, not Inno, as it has been for pretty much the entire time the game's been available (or at least since 2013, when I started playing).

DeletedUser31592

You obviously didn't play then. It is different. A LOT different.

And that guy in BA with a million? He could have the weakest attack and defense. Ranking points do not not correlate with military strength. (I do not know how many times I have to say this!!!) Get a decent level Arc and you are over 1M with that alone. How does that help your attack boost?

The difference between now and then. Now- you may get a rotation with 1 or 2 bullies that will attack and plunder you daily. That is pretty much worst case scenario. And you will have rotations without any. Then- you had 20, 30, 40, maybe more people attacking you regularly. The difference is incomparable.

DeletedUser35831

You obviously didn't play then. It is different. A LOT different.

And that guy in BA with a million? He could have the weakest attack and defense. Ranking points do not not correlate with military strength. (I do not know how many times I have to say this!!!) Get a decent level Arc and you are over 1M with that alone. How does that help your attack boost?

The difference between now and then. Now- you may get a rotation with 1 or 2 bullies that will attack and plunder you daily. That is pretty much worst case scenario. And you will have rotations without any. Then- you had 20, 30, 40, maybe more people attacking you regularly. The difference is incomparable.

Yes, I know points don't necessarily mean military strength But thank you for making it really big and colorful since this is r/eli5 or something.

Regardless, there's pretty much a 99.99~% chance that someone 20x your point value is going to be vastly stronger than you. There's no way around that, they're probably not camping in LMA with a level 80 Arc and just collecting Talc for funsies.

But you're right, at least half the neighborhood isn't attacking you daily now. Usually a few military bullies and then a handful of ArcBros eating up all the slots on everyone's GBs, the latter of which might even be worse overall.

DeletedUser26965

Then- you had 20, 30, 40, maybe more people attacking you regularly. The difference is incomparable.
:confused: I certainly don't recall being attacked that much prior to the change though I was only playing for about 10 months prior. This convo is always the same "matchups clearly one sided" response "was worse before", okay so what, PvP is great as it is then? PvP has changed a lot since its inception; City Shield, PvP Tech Lock, Hood Change, Self Aid Kits, GvG Farming, GB capped removed, Arc. So with or without our input it's changing regardless of what any of us say. I would think players would like to add some input but since it's apparently an untouchable subject because "it was worse before" or god forbid the "PRIME DIRECTIVE WILL BE VIOLATED":D I guess no one can say anything. I mean c'mon, really, PvP can be so much more than what it is, medals? ya really need those 200 medals as an end game player?:rolleyes: Goes through 1,000 fp's a day, plunders 1 fp from neighbor lolz.

DeletedUser35831

I mean c'mon, really, PvP can be so much more than what it is, medals? ya really need those 200 medals as an end game player?:rolleyes: Goes through 1,000 fp's a day, plunders 1 fp from neighbor lolz.

I appreciate the semi-competitive element of PvP even if it's not really truly a competitive thing at all.

What's silly is that it's not actually "Player 1 vs. Player 2" it's more like "Freddy and Jason seeing who can rack up the most camper kills" as they rampage through a neighborhood together. :D