• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stop the Plundering INNO !!!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser32439
  • Start date

DeletedUser25166

There are 3 offense military GBs, Zeus, CoA and CdM, only 2 defense military GBs: SBC and DC.

It's impossible to put up your defense as high as those enemy troops you see by the end of GE level 4, consider how high the attacking boosts of those defense troops get. 90% boosts for both the attacking and the defensing of the defensing troops in Colonial GE encounter #64, that'll require level 39 SBC and level 39 DC which no players will be investing those fps into them.
You have no clue what you are talking about as usual. And Artic Orangery works for defense and yes, you can get very high level defense which makes your city almost unbeatable. I am proof of that

Triopoly Champion

You have no clue what you are talking about as usual. And Artic Orangery works for defense and yes, you can get very high level defense which makes your city almost unbeatable. I am proof of that
Arctic Orangery works for both offense and defense, if the attacker has the same AO level as you, then you won't have any advantages, it's the AO level that gives you the defense boosts and attack boosts too when you are plundering. Critical hits aren't exclusive to defenders-only just like Traz.

Also critical hits only work for the same age units, if a player uses 1 conscript + 7 rogues to attack a Colonial city, AO defense is useless. That's why so many players want to be ahead on the continent map and story quests.

So glad I'm in a plunder-favor world, so I can overtake someone from a top-MK guild. Algona is very familiar with "Project Mayhem" and its popularity there. Global Ranking only shows the game score and battles won, no further details.
Forge of Empires - Battle Count 2724.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser32389

how many buildings do i need to delete...
i spend MY time and ENERGY getting the santa set, and all that happenes is it get plundered, I spent the time and enerygy, for some derpo's to get the rewadrs.....
NO...i'm not playing this game just to give away my stuff.
so i deleted my santa set, i deleted my masquarade ball....bla bla bla.
Please take plundering out of the game. it makes me angry, and it makes others angry.
why should we play a game that makes us angry....i abuse players that plunder me, and soon i will get a ban from it, but i dont care.
you make a game that makes ppl angry,what kind of derpos do that....INNO
giphy.gif

Jase249

The "play Elvenar" response comes in because this topic has been discussed at length so many times that there is a dedicated thread titled, "Help, I am being plundered!" and members are tired of seeing this pop up time after time. Repeated complaint, repeated answer.

Preach! Wish I could "like" this comment a dozen times. There are a zillion threads about plundering and most of them are the same thing over and over. The DNSL includes "Any proposal to alter, delete, or limit plundering". Yes, I know this isn't a formal proposal, it's just a kvetch, and it's in the Forge Hall not the Proposals sub-forum, but still...

This is a dead horse that has been beaten so hard the glue from it is falling apart.

- KQ -

I'm not against plundering but that's a weak rationalization. It's my stuff until somebody steals it.

In a game where plundering is a strategy, it may be your stuff, but only if you collect before somebody plunders. I'm not using it as a rationalization weak, or otherwise, just validating the point that if you want to keep your stuff, you need to collect on time.

DeletedUser31592

The people who quit due to plundering are typically new and it is unlikely that they have spent money on the game. Or at least significant money on the game.
The people who would quit if they removed plundering are experienced players who have spent fortunes on the game.
Of course Inno is never going to remove plundering. It would be the end of the game as their revenue would stop. Plus, there are GBs dedicated to plundering, so what would their use be if plundering was turned off?!

(And this is from the perspective of a former non-fighter turned I-fight-only-when-DCs-tell-me-to-and-never-plunder-in-my-main.)

Triopoly Champion

The people who quit due to plundering are typically new and it is unlikely that they have spent money on the game. Or at least significant money on the game.
The people who would quit if they removed plundering are experienced players who have spent fortunes on the game.
Of course Inno is never going to remove plundering. It would be the end of the game as their revenue would stop. Plus, there are GBs dedicated to plundering, so what would their use be if plundering was turned off?!

(And this is from the perspective of a former non-fighter turned I-fight-only-when-DCs-tell-me-to-and-never-plunder-in-my-main.)
Creating a new world with no plundering feature won't cause experienced players of other worlds to quit, they can still plunder in those existing worlds.

I personally like the plundering feature because it makes the game much easier, if I don't have enough granite or alabaster, I just plunder the neighbors' masons. It's very easy to skyrocket the battle counts if I stay in the lower ages, reach 1M can be pretty quick if I attack and plunder those lower score players daily. Once my battle counts reach a high enough number, then I advance to the higher ages, other people won't even ask the time when I've won each battle, they just look at my current era and stats.

DeletedUser32973

Those new players are potential customers that Inno is losing out on, however I agree removing plundering from any existing worlds is absurd. That being said I haven't really heard a strong argument against opening up a couple of non-plunderable worlds besides a few rather useless structures becoming even more useless. I ask you, what's the purpose of the Colosseum? For players who would want to be in a world without plundering they wouldn't be using those GBs in the first place.

DeletedUser29726

Those new players are potential customers that Inno is losing out on, however I agree removing plundering from any existing worlds is absurd. That being said I haven't really heard a strong argument against opening up a couple of non-plunderable worlds besides a few rather useless structures becoming even more useless. I ask you, what's the purpose of the Colosseum? For players who would want to be in a world without plundering they wouldn't be using those GBs in the first place.

They haven't shown an interest in creating worlds with alternate rulesets at all - probably to keep balance issues simple. I think alternate rulesets could be an interesting way to keep the game fresh and new if it doesn't create too many obstacles.

'No plundering' is hardly the one that's going to draw me in personally though.
Perhaps something that made plundering more important.
Or popular GB restrictions (i.e. No Arc).
Or no diamonds (one can see they'd have a motive NOT to do this one - but it'd make for a good 'fair competition' world - perhaps simply no diamonds for FP, goods, or event currency - so they can still make some income but the benefit is at least limited).
Or even just simple things like 'double all goods costs' to see what an economy with more goods pressure looks like.

But at this point I'm off topic ;)

DeletedUser32973

They haven't shown an interest in creating worlds with alternate rulesets at all - probably to keep balance issues simple. I think alternate rulesets could be an interesting way to keep the game fresh and new if it doesn't create too many obstacles.

'No plundering' is hardly the one that's going to draw me in personally though.
Perhaps something that made plundering more important.
Or popular GB restrictions (i.e. No Arc).
Or no diamonds (one can see they'd have a motive NOT to do this one - but it'd make for a good 'fair competition' world - perhaps simply no diamonds for FP, goods, or event currency - so they can still make some income but the benefit is at least limited).
Or even just simple things like 'double all goods costs' to see what an economy with more goods pressure looks like.

But at this point I'm off topic ;)

I think it's a question of how much effort needs to be invested in removing plundering, and if the additional server loads would warrant those worlds. I dunno, maybe Inno's profit losses from people quitting due to plundering is minimal.

DeletedUser30900

Well, some players like a competitive challenge, not simply crushing obviously weaker players. I wish you played on E. I'd enjoy waiving my no-plunder policy specially for you.
I mean.... if you are a fan of using over 4 rogues to beat the defense and end up getting nothing because the player you attacked collecting on time every day, Go ahead. I don't think smart plunders do such thing very often

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Here's an idea. Since plundering will go on, despite how angry it makes players (some of us HAVE spent quite a bit of money), why not come up with a quest reward of a "Nuclear Solution". If a player completes a certain quest, they receive a reward of a special defensive weapon, used only in city defense, that would destroy every piece of an attacker's forces, regardless of strength or level of the attacking player. It would still allow attacks, but would make someone think before attacking weaker players just to bully them. There is a player who has built up millions of points, and who attacks and plunders my city every day. He does it, not for a need of goods or supplies, but because he likes to bully other players. This would be a great defensive weapon I could use to stop the bullying. Just sayin'.

Agent327

Here's an idea. Since plundering will go on, despite how angry it makes players (some of us HAVE spent quite a bit of money), why not come up with a quest reward of a "Nuclear Solution". If a player completes a certain quest, they receive a reward of a special defensive weapon, used only in city defense, that would destroy every piece of an attacker's forces, regardless of strength or level of the attacking player. It would still allow attacks, but would make someone think before attacking weaker players just to bully them. There is a player who has built up millions of points, and who attacks and plunders my city every day. He does it, not for a need of goods or supplies, but because he likes to bully other players. This would be a great defensive weapon I could use to stop the bullying. Just sayin'.

Here's an idea.

Read what type of ideas you are not supposed to propose.

Just sayin'.

DeletedUser

This is Forge Hall, not Proposals. There's no policy against discussion of plundering in this sub-forum.
I was not proposing anything. It was my way of showing how frustrated I am. I work two jobs, and cannot collect "on-time" every day.