• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stop the Plundering INNO !!!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser32439
  • Start date

DeletedUser

That doesn't mean we cant point out how horrible this idea is, right?
What makes it so horrible. If I am two minutes late to collect, this guy plunders. And that isn't horrible? It's like he knows when I'm supposed to collect, and gets there before me every day. Heck, I was collecting, and he plundered as I was collecting. SHEESH!!!

DeletedUser26965

What makes it so horrible. If I am two minutes late to collect, this guy plunders. And that isn't horrible? It's like he knows when I'm supposed to collect, and gets there before me every day. Heck, I was collecting, and he plundered as I was collecting. SHEESH!!!
Some plunderers are fanatical about their plundering, that is the endgame for them, they don't need anything you have but it fills them with such satisfaction to plunder it's like a drug, they must do it, gives them a shot of neurochemicals no different than orgaism. So they'll breakout the spreadsheets, write down all the details they can on everyone in the hood they know can't hit them back and spend all their livelong day trying to ascertain your collection patterns and such.

So, you'll have to try to counter that by altering your collection times. You should also view your event history and note when he attacks and when he plunders. If he's attacking and plundering around the same time everyday then it's easy to change your collection times to avoid that. If his plunder times are always way off from his attack times that means he's continuously checking when to plunder, I fear for the mental health of those with such an obsession.

DeletedUser33142

how many buildings do i need to delete...

Please take plundering out of the game. it makes me angry, and it makes others angry.

you make a game that makes ppl angry,what kind of derpos do that....INNO

I also get extremely frustrated with plundering. I want to build my city and play in peace (and yes, it is part of the game, collect on time, build your defense & GB... etc, etc. )

But... there are people who abuse the feature to no end.

I don't like being tied to a game so closely I have to collect immediately and sign on at the exact time everyday. And just want to enjoy the time I play and not have to worry about it. So, maybe I shouldn't be so hung up when I'm set back an 8-hr production of goods because someone plundered me.

But again, if it's happening over and over again... it gets old. And sometimes the only thing you can do is wait for the neighbors to shuffle.

Another solution might be to switch the neighbors around more often. Or limit the time they have to plunder you after they have attacked your city.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Some plunderers are fanatical about their plundering, that is the endgame for them, they don't need anything you have but it fills them with such satisfaction to plunder it's like a drug, they must do it, gives them a shot of neurochemicals no different than orgaism. So they'll breakout the spreadsheets, write down all the details they can on everyone in the hood they know can't hit them back and spend all their livelong day trying to ascertain your collection patterns and such.

So, you'll have to try to counter that by altering your collection times. You should also view your event history and note when he attacks and when he plunders. If he's attacking and plundering around the same time everyday then it's easy to change your collection times to avoid that. If his plunder times are always way off from his attack times that means he's continuously checking when to plunder, I fear for the mental health of those with such an obsession.
I have tried altering my collection times, but he plunders at different times. I have told him that I don't do the PvP tournaments, but he just ignored that. It was suggested that I attack and plunder one of his guildmate's cities, and then tell them that I had plundered them because of what he does to me, but his entire guild all have 2,000,000 points or more, so that didn't work. If this game is a game of strategy, where is the strategy in not being able to defend yourself>

DeletedUser

I also get extremely frustrated with plundering. I want to build my city and play in peace (and yes, it is part of the game, collect on time, build your defense & GB... etc, etc. )

But... there are people who abuse the feature to no end.

I don't like being tied to a game so closely I have to collect immediately and sign on at the exact time everyday. And just want to enjoy the time I play and not have to worry about it. So, maybe I shouldn't be so hung up when I'm set back an 8-hr production of goods because someone plundered me.

But again, if it's happening over and over again... it gets old. And sometimes the only thing you can do is wait for the neighbors to shuffle.

Another solution might be to switch the neighbors around more often. Or limit the time they have to plunder you after they have attacked your city.

DeletedUser

How do I switch neighbors? I've only been playing for about six months, and am not knowlegeable about many facets of the game. I am currently in the Industrial Age, and only have 230,000 points, and five GB's.

DeletedUser26965

I have told him
Oh god, don't do that, your messages will make it on the Plunder Progress thread and we'll all laugh at you.

If this game is a game of strategy, where is the strategy in not being able to defend yourself
Well, unfortunately the structure currently reinforces camping in an age. As it is the best strategy now is to stay in IA, keep PvP locked and stay there for like two years building up your GB's and defenses, absurd I know.

How do I switch neighbors?
You can't, It changes I think every two weeks or so but it's not guaranteed any one specific person will get rotated out of your hood. Also in some events when there's a neighborhood goal, like the upcoming Summer Event will likely have, hoods don't change until sometime after the event.

DeletedUser33142

How do I switch neighbors? I've only been playing for about six months, and am not knowlegeable about many facets of the game. I am currently in the Industrial Age, and only have 230,000 points, and five GB's.

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant Inno to switch the algorithm. The game does it automatically. I'm not sure if it's every two weeks or dependent on your progress in Research technology...

DeletedUser29726

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant Inno to switch the algorithm. The game does it automatically. I'm not sure if it's every two weeks or dependent on your progress in Research technology...

It is every 2 weeks usually. It can be delayed by hood-participation events - i've seen hoods last as long as 6 weeks because of an inconveniently timed one of these! Do you have any idea how miserable it is spending a month in a hood with mostly bronze age players and only about 30 total people because it was from the 2nd week of a new world and you didn't rush into iron age before hood change. then in the 2rd week of that hood, event started and carried through 4 more sundays, and then it was the wrong sunday after it ended so a 5th sunday passed... Horrible.

Jern2017

how many buildings do i need to delete...

i spend MY time and ENERGY getting the santa set, and all that happenes is it get plundered, I spent the time and enerygy, for some derpo's to get the rewadrs.....

NO...i'm not playing this game just to give away my stuff.

so i deleted my santa set, i deleted my masquarade ball....bla bla bla.

Please take plundering out of the game. it makes me angry, and it makes others angry.
why should we play a game that makes us angry....i abuse players that plunder me, and soon i will get a ban from it, but i dont care.

you make a game that makes ppl angry,what kind of derpos do that....INNO

Because of this post, Inno has decided to comply with the many requests that plundering be removed. Just heard word.

DeletedUser

I have told him
As @sloppyjoeslayer said, that's not a good idea. If you're going to show any reaction at all to your plunderer, send him a friend request. It might not work, but it won't open you up to ridicule. And some players will go after you harder if you send them messages that show weakness.
It was suggested that I attack and plunder one of his guildmate's cities, and then tell them that I had plundered them because of what he does to me, but his entire guild all have 2,000,000 points or more, so that didn't work.
Even if you could attack and plunder one of his guild mates, that would only tend to make the situation worse in my opinion. Personally, I would reimburse my guild mate for whatever they lost and then make an even more intense effort to plunder you as often as possible.
If this game is a game of strategy, where is the strategy in not being able to defend yourself>
It is a game of strategy, but that doesn't start when you're six months in and out of your depth. It starts on day one, or as soon after that as possible.
I am currently in the Industrial Age, and only have 230,000 points, and five GB's.
You should find a good guild that can show you how to develop your city. You should have at least double that many points by Industrial Age (conservatively).

DeletedUser34787

1. There is a failsafe method of avoiding plunder. It's collecting your things on time.

2. If you are up against an experienced plunderer who makes a note of when your goods or FPs are ready for collection, alter your collection time. You don't even need to put your city shield up all the time. Just put it up for two days, alter your time to a more convenient time for you, and then you're set.

3. I find the practice of deleting FP-producing buildings particularly risible. One hoodie plundered by me saw her TF plundered for 5FP once in ten days. She deleted her whole city. Even less drastic forms of petulant deletion are foolish: let's say you delete your Masquerade Ball because I've plundered it three times in a week. Even then, you lose 8FP from your city over the week that you could otherwise collect, or 416 FP over the year. Unless you are being plundered literally every day, it's utterly unjustifiable.

4. If you reach, say, LMA or CA and the loss of one or two goods buildings a day is causing you significant angst, you're doing FOE wrong. By that time you should have a strong enough military that GE is straightforward until L3 or so, and you should have other methods of collecting goods like the CF, Tribal Squares, and recurring quests. I've been in CA 10 weeks and have between 2500 and 3000 of each good in my age - and I'm not even especially good at FOE.

5. Why do I take lower-age goods? Well, because they still have value. If a high-level guildie is going to sell me goods for a Kraken and is happy for unfair trades no matter what they are, I'd much rather trade 100 iron for the goods I need rather than 100 tar (I'm in CA). So these low-age goods I plunder either go into these unfair trades, or are traded and donated to my guild treasury for our IA campaign. It's not bullying, it's not sadistic, it's just strategy.

6. You're right that high attack boosts from the plunderer are hard to counter without really high defence boosts. So just plunder yourself until your gains outweigh your losses and get on with life.