• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stop the Plundering INNO !!!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser32439
  • Start date

DeletedUser16522

I think the one answer to all of this is to match the hood better! A while back INNO did something about it and wasn't bad till lately. I'm at around 12M points, playing since Q! 2015. I'm in OF. Seems INNO has used OF as the basis for matching for hood. I have 52 people above me with points going to 223M for top player. Some of these players have mil GBs in the level 60 or more range. They have been in FOE since it first came out. They have had more time to build GBs to high levels. So I think a better match would come from point values then age/era/future. Or come out with another future so the top people will move on! They are stuck in OF. Collections? Hard when the players range in time zones they can cover 24 hours! Build GBs, need to keep the goods, not have them plundered every day! If you kave a chance at revenge, that helps! But you cant with such top power people in hood!

Agent327

I think the one answer to all of this is to match the hood better! A while back INNO did something about it and wasn't bad till lately. I'm at around 12M points, playing since Q! 2015. I'm in OF. Seems INNO has used OF as the basis for matching for hood. I have 52 people above me with points going to 223M for top player. Some of these players have mil GBs in the level 60 or more range. They have been in FOE since it first came out. They have had more time to build GBs to high levels. So I think a better match would come from point values then age/era/future. Or come out with another future so the top people will move on! They are stuck in OF. Collections? Hard when the players range in time zones they can cover 24 hours! Build GBs, need to keep the goods, not have them plundered every day! If you kave a chance at revenge, that helps! But you cant with such top power people in hood!

They don't have build GB's to high levels cause they have had more time to do so. They have build them to high levels cause they are helping eachother.

Virtual Future is on it's way.

DeletedUser26965

You have to understand that there are some folks who realized that if you sit in an age forever and jack up your military GB's, get Rogue Hideouts etc. it's a great way to go after all the other players who don't play that way or haven't had the amount of time so they don't want that to change. This makes for a top heavy hood in all ages because unfortunately IG used an overly simplified model to merge hoods i.e. where one is in the tech tree.

You can't base it off points because someone can be a farmer with no military GB's and have lots of points because they're leveling other GB's and such. The only way I can think of is to have a class system like in boxing. Have a range of players in a hood based off of military GB's, city defense, Rogue Hideouts, etc. but that range shouldn't exceed the point where one is absolutely untouchable either, it should be competitive not a faceroll.

DeletedUser26421

I am at a lower level than you, but experienced the same problem. I wrote a proposal about reconfiguring the way they do the neighborhoods. I had one guy who was in my era, but had military from 2 eras ahead, I have no idea how he got them, I never had that opportunity, and he had 15 M points, where the neighborhood average was 2M. Good luck! I hope enough people respond to help.

DeletedUser33058

I had one guy who was in my era, but had military from 2 eras ahead, I have no idea how he got them, I never had that opportunity,
Saw the answer for this elsewhere in the forums, What he's done is negotiate 2 Era's ahead on the Campaign Map, then goes to GE where when troops are won, they are awarded from the era you have completed on the previous map I mentioned. Anyone can do this, In fact I am working on this very method to bolster my defense.
As for Plundering, that's part of the game, If I attack someone it's to complete a DC challenge or similar quest and I will Plunder, that's how I makeup the loss of a 100 coin for aiding.
I do play Elvenar and can say it's basically FOE without the Attack and Plunder aspect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Saw the answer for this elsewhere in the forums, What he's done is negotiate 2 Era's ahead on the Campaign Map, then goes to GE where when troops are won, they are awarded from the era you have completed on the previous map I mentioned. Anyone can do this, In fact I am working on this very method to bolster my defense

Can't check it, haven't seen it, but seriously doubt it. I would assume that if you were right you would also be fighting units of two era's ahead in GE in order to win them. As far as I know, GE is based on your era and not the continent map.

DeletedUser33058

Can't check it, haven't seen it, but seriously doubt it. I would assume that if you were right you would also be fighting units of two era's ahead in GE in order to win them. As far as I know, GE is based on your era and not the continent map.
I haven't proved it yet, other then the fact that I'm in LMA, have negotiated into the CA Era on the Campaign Map, and in GE I'm still fighting LMA troops with a mix of HMA troops.
As of right now I have not proved what I read elsewhere, but if I do find that post I'll repost it for you.

I may have already proven what I read as false or I misinterpreted it, all I have found and probably will not look farther is this,
'm in the Progressive Era and just acquired 4 Bazooka Teams from the Modern Era.

You can get Modern Era quests by acquiring provinces and reaching the Modern Era continent map, those quests might give you military units as a reward.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16522

Up shot is, the way things have gotten to, I'm about ready to back out of this game. Yup, after a little over 3 years of playing.

DeletedUser31592

Qunrir was opened in March 2015, so at best they have a few months on you. I've played in Qunrir for a little over 3 years, but very casually for over a year of that, so we really can't count it for much. Anyway, I just aged into CE and have almost 8M points. 12M is low for OF. You probably should have laid back and built up your GBs a while ago.
With OF, you are in the top-hood. You don't get as much variety because everyone is 'stuck' there. And you will forever be stuck there with the top players.
If I were you, when the new era opens up, I'd stay right where you are and work on those GBs. Otherwise, you will be in the same boat you are currently in.

Triopoly Champion

I just aged into CE and have almost 8M points. 12M is low for OF. You probably should have laid back and built up your GBs a while ago.
With OF, you are in the top-hood. You don't get as much variety because everyone is 'stuck' there. And you will forever be stuck there with the top players.
If I were you, when the new era opens up, I'd stay right where you are and work on those GBs. Otherwise, you will be in the same boat you are currently in.
20M - 25M is the average range for the Oceanic Future players, in fact, I'll be able to reach 1M in Colonial quiet quick.

The top OF players in the guild have 54M and 46M points, they are still growing.

Jern2017

I haven't proved it yet, other then the fact that I'm in LMA, have negotiated into the CA Era on the Campaign Map, and in GE I'm still fighting LMA troops with a mix of HMA troops.
As of right now I have not proved what I read elsewhere, but if I do find that post I'll repost it for you.

I may have already proven what I read as false or I misinterpreted it, all I have found and probably will not look farther is this,

I'm 100% sure you cannot get troops from a higher age than your current through GE.

The only way I know is advancing through the continent map and completing story quests.

I can't wait to get some ME Battle Tanks (I'm in the PE). Did some plundering yesterday and faced a defense comprised of ME (Mechanized Infantry and Bazooka Teams) and PME (Commando) units.

Agent327

You can do it on the continent map, you can do it with the questline, but not in GE.

DeletedUser29933

Although i have long ago accepted being plundered as part of the game, I have never lost so much from it that i was losing fwd momentum. I have seen instances where proper story quest/map management landed members of Indy hoods with Near untouchable PME troops. Even then, instead of crying over being plundered, i researched how i can do the same.
Maybe the simplest form of correction is not hood stack fairness but instead focus closer battle fairness. make hood battles only able to use hood age troops similar to gvg maps.
Or, maybe have towers based on defense set. If you set an IA defense, you can only compete in the IA tower with IA troops. If indy and setting a PME defense, can only compete in the PME tower PME (or lower) troops. Lock defenses in for 48hrs or something similar, heck, maybe a whole week, to prevent constant defense manipulation.

Perhaps eliminating the plunder is something to consider after all. ( i think it would be the death of the game but let's consider it)
Maybe a static set of hood battles of increasing difficulty with selectable victory prizes for fighters to run through each day as far as able?
Maybe a multi-path Ge Map with up to 74(ish...to equal hood potential) battles that can be run through each day for daily fighters/plunderers? repeats wouldn't count in GE stats for guild competition, only % cleared once, but still able to go back and fight again for points/prizes?

That screws over the hundreds or thousands of players that researched quests, studied the tech tree, read the forums and planned their move through the ages months in advance and invested hundreds of hours in the game to achieve their goals.....but it might cut back on whining from players that can't collect on time routinely for whatever reason.
This isn't a fully developed set of ideas worthy of proposals yet..might not even be new ( i read a lot, but not all, of this forum)...but it's something to kick around.

DeletedUser31592

20M - 25M is the average range for the Oceanic Future players, in fact, I'll be able to reach 1M in Colonial quiet quick.

The top OF players in the guild have 54M and 46M points, they are still growing.

I'm usually patient with you, but please, stop speaking about what you know nothing about.
Ranking points are going to vary by world. The 'average range' for OF is going to be a heck of a lot lower in Xyr than in Arvahall. So, please, just stop.
And the top players in your guild is irrelevant. Especially because you don't even have a city in the world in question. I was in Pulchritude's guild in Arvahall for a while. She has the most points in the US out of all the worlds, with nearly 400M. I was in ExecDude's guild in Rugnir for a long time, and he has well over 100M points. None of this matters- just a bunch of useless numbers.

In QUNRIR, the world in question, 12M for OF is going to be fairly low. At 8M in CE, I'm ranked 7th this rotation (which is the lowest ranking I've had in months, if not years). So 12M in OF is going to be at the bottom of the hood.

Triopoly Champion

I was in Pulchritude's guild in Arvahall for a while. She has the most points in the US out of all the worlds, with nearly 400M. I was in ExecDude's guild in Rugnir for a long time, and he has well over 100M points. None of this matters- just a bunch of useless numbers. So 12M in OF is going to be at the bottom of the hood.
I can go to every world, search "Global Ranking", Players, those listed on the 1st 10-12 pages are mostly OF players, add their points up, then divide by 100 or 120, it's their average score. Usually there are around 70 ~ 80 players per hood.

Only 4 players have 100M+ points in both Mount Killmore and Sinerania, 3 players over 100M in Parkog.

If the ranking scores are useless, then why have the numbers show to everyone?

The bottom of my Colonial neighborhood goes as low as 38,800+, I have 819,000+ points. Not every OF player has a huge level 70-90 Arc, so take that into account if you really want to calculate the average.

DeletedUser34787

That screws over the hundreds or thousands of players that researched quests, studied the tech tree, read the forums and planned their move through the ages months in advance and invested hundreds of hours in the game to achieve their goals.....but it might cut back on whining from players that can't collect on time routinely for whatever reason.

As a principle of game-ownership and game-design, as well as with respect to a basic commitment to rewarding merit, I would much rather *not* screw over players that have devoted great time, thought, and effort to playing the game properly than appease whiners who would like an easy game handed to them on a plate. There are *so many* ways of avoiding plunder, and plunder in Forge of Empires is so much less malevolent than it could be, that I'm averse to any further attempt to mollycoddle the plundered.

DeletedUser30900

As a principle of game-ownership and game-design, as well as with respect to a basic commitment to rewarding merit, I would much rather *not* screw over players that have devoted great time, thought, and effort to playing the game properly than appease whiners who would like an easy game handed to them on a plate. There are *so many* ways of avoiding plunder, and plunder in Forge of Empires is so much less malevolent than it could be, that I'm averse to any further attempt to mollycoddle the plundered.
Myabe sloppyjoeslayer needs to see this

Agent327

Or, maybe have towers based on defense set. If you set an IA defense, you can only compete in the IA tower with IA troops. If indy and setting a PME defense, can only compete in the PME tower PME (or lower) troops. Lock defenses in for 48hrs or something similar, heck, maybe a whole week, to prevent constant defense manipulation.

So players in OF can set an IA defense???????

cton2.forge

I tried to like this 100 times. Did not work. But I like it. NO MOLLYCODDLING HERE!

DeletedUser31592

I can go to every world, search "Global Ranking", Players, those listed on the 1st 10-12 pages are mostly OF players, add their points up, then divide by 100 or 120, it's their average score. Usually there are around 70 ~ 80 players per hood.

Only 4 players have 100M+ points in both Mount Killmore and Sinerania, 3 players over 100M in Parkog.

If the ranking scores are useless, then why have the numbers show to everyone?

The bottom of my Colonial neighborhood goes as low as 38,800+, I have 819,000+ points. Not every OF player has a huge level 70-90 Arc, so take that into account if you really want to calculate the average.
*bangs head on desk*
EACH WORLD IS DIFFERENT. YOU ARE COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES.
Regardless, in any world except maybe the last 4-5, 12M in OF is going to be bottom-of-the-hood territory. Middle at best for the late alphabet worlds.