• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stopping Guild hopping

DeletedUser17387

I think that any "new" guild should be stopped from GvG for at least a week. AND, only allowed ONE name change a month! You can't keep track of all the ghost guilds that are popping up! Guild names seem to change daily. If you want to change HOW your guild name looks, fine. Like font, characters, etc. But, a total name change? Nope. You get a time out. If you're on the map already, you can't change the name. You're stuck. So, pick wisely.

DeletedUser11180

I would like to see a cap on who you can invite to your guild for the help.

Sure if you need help they better have more points, meaning they played longer but to just be able to invite the highest rank person in the game to come wax a situation against guilds that don't even have 1million points as their top rank player... No good, that's just no good.

DeletedUser

I've been back and forth about this issue a lot, and made proposals around it. My best advice is watch what the ghost guilds are doing and learn from it. There are often many ways where you can exploit shields or counter-ghosting to block their progress or keep them trapped in a certain part of the map

DeletedUser17558

This would punish too many players that don't engage in this behavior. No.

DeletedUser23123

Is this where, someone joins a Guild then leave the Guild. They sometime Aid something. If not, why do they do that. I'll have 3 to 5 a week. My Event History get loaded with these by the 5th day

DeletedUser17558

Is this where, someone joins a Guild then leave the Guild. They sometime Aid something. If not, why do they do that. I'll have 3 to 5 a week. My Event History get loaded with these by the 5th day

I think most people are just fed up with ghosting. If you have an open guild then you will have people come and go as they decide they don't like the flavor of your guild after just a few days.

DeletedUser10415

Often they do it to fulfill a polivate quest requirement or pick up some extra coin. If you don't mind a lot of clicking, you can pick up 800 coins from aiding a mid-sized guild. Rinse, then repeat. Too, they could be hunting for easy GB rewards. Dropping a point or two on promising GBs and moving on.

DeletedUser23123

Often they do it to fulfill a polivate quest requirement or pick up some extra coin. If you don't mind a lot of clicking, you can pick up 800 coins from aiding a mid-sized guild. Rinse, then repeat. Too, they could be hunting for easy GB rewards. Dropping a point or two on promising GBs and moving on.
Yah. It a lot of clicking. I couldn't do it. I get about 2500 coins in Aid just doing locally a day. GB level are about 4 to 7 around here. They would run for a month or more before getting level up. Probably why none left anything in the GBs. Just aid and left.

DeletedUser24996

I would like to see an amount of wait time needed after joining a guild before you can attack in GvG. Maybe something like 3-7 days. What's everyone else think?
At this rate it's honestly so hard to know who is who. Too many people hopping from guild to guild to attack another guild, too many ghosting so basically a small handful of high players get to "own" whatever era of GVG map they choose. Is it fair to the majority guilds...nope. At the same time more rules might kill GVG altogether ;/

DeletedUser25952

As a Libertarian, I say let's not make too many rules. Learn the rules. play by the rules. win by the rules. Changing the guild's name is clearly a tactic. If you do not like that tactic, punish the guy yourself! It is way more satisfactory!

DeletedUser13452

I think ghosting is a good thing in some respect. Without it, I feel there would be far less activity in mid to high age maps. All you have to do to inhibit the ghosts, is defend your territory. If you don't want to do that, then you don't deserve to hold territory, imo.
Sorry, but I'm a no on this proposal. :(

DeletedUser26162

I think 2 things would help with ghosting:
1. A wait time to attack in GvG of 7-10 days. This would stop the highest members of a guild leaving to form the ghost guild and attack with little goods cost.
2. Charge guilds goods for dropping a sector. The reason ghost guilds pop up is because an established guild pays through the nose to attack more and more sectors. This is a good thing so one guild doesn't conquer a map. But a ghost guild can come in attack sectors for 90 goods a piece versus the established guild for 1200. Charge them goods to drop the sector...lets say 100 goods.....so they are encouraged to keep sectors and not just conquer and leave. Otherwise...why even try at gvg if 5 guys can come in and wipe out 70 players hard work.