• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] [Store Building] Design philosophy?

DeletedUser28968

I am curious what users here thing of the design philosophy of the Store Building item, and if players find it useful?

I myself have 3 of them now and they are basically dead prizes to me, I understand that they have some limited applications when moving up ages, and combo-ing them with an alcatraz GB. Other than that extreme case, what is there practical use other than removing a large event building so you can re-arrange your city layout? (which you could accomplish by simply being patient and unlocking another land tile)

Do a majority of players feel that this item is a valuable reward or that it is largely useless? (Not an attack on the developers who implemented it)

In my opinion the Store Building reward is usually unwelcome for most players, as in my experience I have never required one, nor do I anticipate using them anytime in the forseeable future. I would rather earn Forge Points or Goods. Althought I understand Devs are seeking to expand the item diversity from events / GE rewards, there is a fine line between good diversity, and watering down items with things that are marginally useful at best.

I would suggest that the Store Building option should be a combined item with the "motivate building" item, so that they have a dual purpose which the user can select while activating the item from the inventory. This creates a needed scarcity for both items to make them valuable, while removing the negative emotions I personally get whenever I win a Store Building item. (These are my personal view obviously not everyone will share this feeling).

Currently the percentage rewards suggest that Store Building should be a semi-valuable reward, (15% on the highest value event chest) while 20 forgepoints (argueably something far far more valuable is sitting just under it at 10%). While if you look at the silver chest the "Mass Motivation Kit" something I would be very excited to recieve, is sitting at 13% chance. In my opinion Store Building is the booby prize to end all booby prizes, and I don't like them at all.

What were the developers thoughts when introducing this item, and valuing it so much as to make it a 15% reward on the top-tier event chests? What do developers (and players) believe makes this item so valuable?

Thoughts, Feelings, Criticism?

DeletedUser8152

I like them. For my tiny town city they are brilliant. For my regular city, I use them to store things like champ retreats for an early age that I might want again, or the halloween graveyard that I might want to build next event for an upgrade. Also, they are just convenient for creating space when you want to move things around, or for when a quest demands you build something.

Algona

I wouldn't mind having access to a dozen more. Each Era. I thought it was a silly prize when it came out. I keep finding situations where they are useful.

I use the nuclear option when doing a major remodel of my city. Stores make the job even easier. Storing a couple of the larger Event Buildings can free up 40 tiles.

As I work my way through an Era my city's needs change. Special Event Goods Buildings are sweet until I have enough Goods. Pack them away for next Era. After a hundred or so Champs, not sure I need that building. Until next Era. I suppose you could rebalance your Traz production by storing Rogue Hideouts?

Am I in a high plunder neighborhood? Pack away plunderable buildings for a while.

I want to show off and celebrate a Holiday. Break out the Christmas village, pack it away again after New Year's.

Don't throw away unwanted Event Buildings, store them instead. They may become useful someday. As rumored in the upcoming 5 Year Anniversary Event. (No, don't spoil it here, go to the Beta Spoiler Forum, please.)

Hmmm. I guess I can sum most of the above up in one word:

Flexibility.

Final thoughts: I'm fine with Store Building being in the Gold Chest of the Spring Event. I personally put it ahead of Medals, Pagoda, and 5 BPs.

DeletedUser27889

I use them on occasion. I can't say I jump for joy when I win them but they come in handy. Most recently I needed to rearange parts of my city to allow for the sakura buildings so I was able to store a soccer field instead of getting rid of it. I believe they were the answer to so many users asking to store their event buildings. While this game doesn't really work for the more nostalgic and sentimental of us, the store building kit allows us to hang on to things special to us that might not be the most use full game wise.

DeletedUser27046

Been looking around for a place to complain,, lol I like having the store building option, though I would probably rather have a reno kit over it. Anyway, on to the complaining, oh boy oh boy !! As I am typing this, I'm thinking that this is the first time I have used a store building, anyway, I built my first Traz about a week ago now and started noticing right away that it seemed to be focused on the 7 rogue hideouts I had in my city, so I stupidly got impatient and put 6 into storage, which helped with the building of different units and it's still at a low level,, On with the complaint :) What I am not happy about with the store building is that after I spent most of the last year trying to get rogue hideouts and finally ended up with the 7 and one or two in inventory, backing up slightly, when I had only two or three hideouts, I went ahead and spent diamonds on unlocking the rogues , you get the idea, so out of 7 hideouts I think two of them still had the 300 diamond slots that hadn't been opened, but now putting them into storage all of the diamonds I spent are just gone I guess, because now when I put them back out in the city they are just like new, only the two free units and diamonds required to unlock the rest, which really isn't a concern now that I have the Traz, but something to think about if you haven't stored anything yet. Like I told an old guild mate, probably back in the archives somewhere about the time that they introduced the store buildings, they may have said something to the effect of, this will put your building as if it has never been used before, not as it was/is when you stored it.. UHHH,,, grrrrr

DeletedUser

Been looking around for a place to complain,, lol I like having the store building option, though I would probably rather have a reno kit over it. Anyway, on to the complaining, oh boy oh boy !! As I am typing this, I'm thinking that this is the first time I have used a store building, anyway, I built my first Traz about a week ago now and started noticing right away that it seemed to be focused on the 7 rogue hideouts I had in my city, so I stupidly got impatient and put 6 into storage, which helped with the building of different units and it's still at a low level,, On with the complaint :) What I am not happy about with the store building is that after I spent most of the last year trying to get rogue hideouts and finally ended up with the 7 and one or two in inventory, backing up slightly, when I had only two or three hideouts, I went ahead and spent diamonds on unlocking the rogues , you get the idea, so out of 7 hideouts I think two of them still had the 300 diamond slots that hadn't been opened, but now putting them into storage all of the diamonds I spent are just gone I guess, because now when I put them back out in the city they are just like new, only the two free units and diamonds required to unlock the rest, which really isn't a concern now that I have the Traz, but something to think about if you haven't stored anything yet. Like I told an old guild mate, probably back in the archives somewhere about the time that they introduced the store buildings, they may have said something to the effect of, this will put your building as if it has never been used before, not as it was/is when you stored it.. UHHH,,, grrrrr
That is good information that I was not aware of, although I have never unlocked a Diamond Rogue slot. I don't even build Rogue Hideouts until I have a Traz, because they're not worth much unless you have a bunch of them, IMO. On the original subject, I recently had occasion to use a Store Building for a Terrace Farm, because I needed the room, but wanted to be able to bring it back later, for its FP and/or goods output. Store Building is kind of like insurance, seems a waste right up until the time you need it. LOL