• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Store forge points in inventory.

Periclez

If you are contributing to 1.9 threads, you are likely to have been playing awhile, have leveled up an Arc, and have a guild that controls sniping. What about the rest of us?? Maybe I'll have an Arc in a year or so, meanwhile I can contribute to swap threads and just maybe also get a few FP in packages to save;, but that is mostly a matter of luck.

Last edited:

Jern2017

If you are contributing to 1.9 threads, you are likely to have been playing awhile, have leveled up an Arc, and have a guild that controls sniping. What about the rest of us?? Maybe I'll have an Arc in a year or so, meanwhile I can contribute to swap threads and just maybe also get a few FP in packages to save;, but that is mostly a matter of luck.

And how do you think all the older players managed to do this? They didn't just start the game with 50k FPs in their inventory.

Patience is the key to this game.

Periclez

And how do you think all the older players managed to do this? They didn't just start the game with 50k FPs in their inventory.

Patience is the key to this game.
I've been here a few months, so how am I supposed to know? I am told that there were not 1.9 threads or Arcs in the beginning; and there certainly were not players with millions of points plundering newbies either. Considering the difficulties of a newer player entering an older game, and the necessity of new players to keep that game viable, it is not unreasonable to propose a change that benefits newer players.

Sharmon the Impaler

I've been here a few months, so how am I supposed to know? I am told that there were not 1.9 threads or Arcs in the beginning; and there certainly were not players with millions of points plundering newbies either. Considering the difficulties of a newer player entering an older game, and the necessity of new players to keep that game viable, it is not unreasonable to propose a change that benefits newer players.
You will likely be able to find many Arcs in guilds where you can grab the lower level positions for 10 or 29 FP and these will give you your prints. Many of the better guilds will even sell you the goods at a huge discount or even for nothing because more Arcs means a stronger guild.

Ericness

I build my early FP bank by investing in profitable spots on neighbors buildings. As a bonus you get much needed prints and medals too.

Emberguard

it is not unreasonable to propose a change that benefits newer players.
Storing doesn't benefit new players. Nothing in inventory has value until used. If players are too afraid to touch their inventory to use on 1.9 (storing 40-50% of their collection without Arc) until they gain a L80 Arc, then storing their entire collection will only stop players from growing at all.

What about the rest of us??
Nothing stopping you from using 1.9. Set it up with your guild. You don't need to start with Arcs for that. You only need a willingness to spend Forge Points and do some networking with other players.

In fact, if you arrange 1.9 within your guild you may just find that those in the neighbourhood will help you out by speeding it up. Put the Forge Points on your own GBs until the top positions are ready to be taken at 1.9. Then get the contributors for it

meanwhile I can contribute to swap threads and just maybe also get a few FP in packages to save;, but that is mostly a matter of luck.
Then remove the luck. Swaps are a player invented concept. 1.9 is also a player invented concept. Arrange deals that suit your needs. If you can't do 1.9 for some reason then come up with a different deal

What my guild did was split into groups of upto 6 players and swapped within those smaller groups. That way everyone got rewards and there was no luck involved as we arranged how much went into each position relative to the rewards received.

in the beginning; and there certainly were not players with millions of points plundering newbies either
In the beginning players were in mixed age hoods where the [Last Age/Era available] player could plunder a Bronze Age player. You don't have to worry about that anymore because you're now filtered into hoods as close to your current age as possible

Nowadays you're completely plunder immune until near the end of Iron Age. By the time you unlock plundering you've gone through Guild Expedition, Daily Challenges, started building up your Tavern and have done your first Event. By that point you've already got some plunder protection active in your city even if you don't know what plunder protection is or how it works.

Algona

Random tidbits caught my eye.

Seems like it can all be summed up with not quite understanding the fundamental philosophy of this game.

Considering the difficulties of a newer player entering an older game

The game is over 9 years old. Most of us were n00bs at one point or another.

that is mostly a matter of luck.

Dear Lord, no. Luck has nothing to do with this game. Despite years of INNO dumbing FoE down and making it easier, this game still rewards understanding the game.

It's easier to build a competitive city from scratch now then it ever was before and players can do so without having to learn a lot of the principles of the game. But some knowledge and learning are still essential to optimal game play.

What about the rest of us??

All of us players are the rest of us.

Seriously, tens of thousands of players, and we all went through what you are going through.

I've been here a few months, so how am I supposed to know?

Ask. Ask Guildies, ask in the forum, ask hoodies, ask people who plunder you.

Ask for recommendations on what to do which to build or avoid and how to grow and to help understand and anything at all that seems unclear, unfair, impossible.

This is a long term complex strategy game. Happily in most cases the punishments for making mistakes are almost always not as onerous as they first appear.

As noted, patience is the primary virtue of this game. Eagerness to learn and planning ahead are a close second and third.

Last edited:

Lord Pest

Sniping works too. Before I got my arc thats how I did it. Every hood identify who the self levelers are. Give them a 2 week try
out and if they are good snipes send them a friend request.

The Lady Redneck

If you are in a big guild with active swap threads you can end up being bumped down and not get a reward. so why not get together with 4 other guildies who have GBs about the same level as you and set up your own swap thread for an amount you can afford? That way you get your GBs raised and will always get a reward. That is what happened back before the game was as easy as it is now. You can keep that going until your GBs are high enough to make 1.9 viable.

AmaGongechu

It's the difference between spending and investing.

Aside from medals, BPs, and guaranteed reward spots, people with low or no Arc can still build their savings by contributing in 1.9 instead of self-leveling or "hoping" to get something back in swaps. You have to *spend* those FPs anyway . . . why not *invest* them instead and get at least some of them returned to you in the form of packs you can save up?

Even if you have no Arc, and collect only, say 50 FPs a day. Invest those FPs in a 1.9 thread and when those GBs level, you will get ~25 back. Do that every day, along with your RQs, and before long you will have hundreds of FPs saved. Then maybe you can stretch a bit to take higher spots, or prime your own GBs - it's a feedback loop. Whereas with swaps, yes your GBs will level (eventually, painfully, assuming everyone uses the swaps honestly), and *maybe* you'll get lucky overpaying for a reward spot once in a while. But you will be slow and for the most part your daily collections are just gone every day.

I just collect and do RQs until my bar hits 99, then collect one last big building, then hit GE or GBG - even better if my HC pays off - and voila, I have enough FPs to grab a respectable return on any GB posted in the 1.9.

Nobody talks about this but that is how I saved up enough FPs to power-level my Arc from 60 to 80 in about 15 minutes flat. And again a few weeks later from 80 to 90.

Now at level 90+ I put most of my collections into 1.9 and get a little more in return than the full Arc bonus. As long as my 1.9 thread remains active, combined with rewards from crushing it in GBG and getting (yes) lucky with my HC, I can save up about 10K FPs in a week.

Mountainman496

Random tidbits caught my eye.

Dear Lord, no. Luck has nothing to do with this game. Despite years of INNO dumbing FoE down and making it easier, this game still rewards understanding the game.

I completely disagree with that blanket statement! In the context of this thread, I do agree. However, Certain events are completely luck oriented!! The summer event is a prime example of luck being at the heart of the "problem"... umm I mean event.

Emberguard

I completely disagree with that blanket statement! In the context of this thread, I do agree. However, Certain events are completely luck oriented!! The summer event is a prime example of luck being at the heart of the "problem"... umm I mean event.
While luck is definitely part of the equation, understanding the wheel is both shared cost and shared prizes allows for some of that luck to be reduced by looking for when others refresh the wheel.

Which hypothetically you could start a conversation with all neighbours and work together on that. Haven’t seen anyone set that up, but hypothetically you could work out who wants what, take turn refreshing and agree who takes what gold reward if you want a different reward from each other. (Ie: I take all govs villa, you take all anchorage or vice versa depending on who’s after what)

Algona

Certain events are completely luck oriented!! The summer event is a prime example of luck being at the heart of the "problem"... umm I mean event.

No they aren't. Reading like Event threads year on year tells the same story: The same players keep repeating doing well every Summer or Winter or whichever Event. The people who complain about luck do poorly.

There's also the folk who do pporly for an iteration or two, then figure out (usually by asking, hint, hint!) the optimal play for that particular Event and never complain again.

None of those oft repeated outcomes is a coincidence.

Last edited:

Mountainman496

While luck is definitely part of the equation, understanding the wheel is both shared cost and shared prizes allows for some of that luck to be reduced by looking for when others refresh the wheel.

Which hypothetically you could start a conversation with all neighbours and work together on that. Haven’t seen anyone set that up, but hypothetically you could work out who wants what, take turn refreshing and agree who takes what gold reward if you want a different reward from each other. (Ie: I take all govs villa, you take all anchorage or vice versa depending on who’s after what)
That would only work if you have an active neighborhood that actually understands the game. MOST of my neighbors are very new or inactive. I have a few neighbors that actually know how to play the game and are active. I've had the same prize on my wheel for like 2 or 3 days.

Mountainman496

No they aren't. Reading like Event threads year on year tells the same story: The same players keep repeating doing well every Summer or Winter or whichever Event. The people who complain about luck do poorly.

There's also the folk who do pporly for an iteration or two, then figure out (usually by asking, hint, hint!) the optimal play for that particular Event and never complain again.

None of those oft repeated outcomes is a coincidence.
From what i've read about this wheel, it's completely random no matter what. The "stop" button gives you NO CONTROL over where the wheel stops. only how long it takes you to re-spin the wheel. So let me ask you this, if the wheel is "suppose" to be random, then how come i've only won ONE gold prize in 36 spins? that sounds like it's broken to me. And before you go and tell me about "waiting" for your neighbors to spin and then you swoop in and take the gold prize, that ONLY works if your neighborhood is active. But about 80% of my neighbors don't play this game, but inno won't ever go in and clear those players out.