• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Strategy Question

DeletedUser27849

So a couple of players and I have been discussing a strategy to help level our buildings faster. So here is what we came up with and wanted to see from the more experienced players is it worth our time. Scenario 3 players all having the ARC and TRAZ and are Indy and lower in ERA. The idea is for each of us to work on stocking our forge point packs in inventory up to around 1K. Pain staking but possible, we might not even need that much. The idea is start with the ARC and having 2 members drop their donations as soon as possible after collection. With the 1st place being 35% of the total cost needed to level it and 2nd place donating 33%. Then the owner putting it up in swaps to finish leveling off.

Now we know at the beginning it is not going to pay us back the amount we donated but it won't be too far off. As to why having the stock in inventory. Once it gets up to the proper level it will pay for itself and higher it you will gain on it. Our thought is that if we did something like this while we are still in lower ERA's then we can free up the forge points we produce for other building swaps and researching TECH as we move up.

So let's hear your thoughts...TIA.

DeletedUser27889

Lower level arcs put on swaps first. The snipers need to come in after the fact. If they do so before it leaves them open to losing all their points as they are not 'locking' their places. Raising the arcs first will make everything else easier.

1) Put the arcs into swaps
2) Calculate the amount needed to lock positions 1-3
3) Calculate the amount of the reward + the final position holders arc bonus to get the amount each need to add
4) Add all three numbers together, this is what is needed to be clear on the arc, leave some for wiggle room. IE if you calculate that your snipers can fill 500 points, remove the arc from swaps once it has 530 or so to go.
5) Highest level arc takes first place with the amount you calculated in step 3, the reward+their arc bonus. Same for person in position 2 and person in position 3.

If you put the points on first someone with a higher arc can snipe you and make profit. Someone from the swap can snipe you. If you need to be able to keep rolling the points over from arc to arc you'll need to try to avoid snipers.

I believe it is level 22 where first place can begin coming in and locking 1st right away leaving no room for snipers but getting their points back.

The higher you get the arcs the larger the contribution you can give and the less you will need to put it in swaps.

Once you have the arcs up then you can begin doing the same with other building.

DeletedUser27849

Lower level arcs put on swaps first. The snipers need to come in after the fact. If they do so before it leaves them open to losing all their points as they are not 'locking' their places. Raising the arcs first will make everything else easier.

1) Put the arcs into swaps
2) Calculate the amount needed to lock positions 1-3
3) Calculate the amount of the reward + the final position holders arc bonus to get the amount each need to add
4) Add all three numbers together, this is what is needed to be clear on the arc, leave some for wiggle room. IE if you calculate that your snipers can fill 500 points, remove the arc from swaps once it has 530 or so to go.
5) Highest level arc takes first place with the amount you calculated in step 3, the reward+their arc bonus. Same for person in position 2 and person in position 3.

If you put the points on first someone with a higher arc can snipe you and make profit. Someone from the swap can snipe you. If you need to be able to keep rolling the points over from arc to arc you'll need to try to avoid snipers.

I believe it is level 22 where first place can begin coming in and locking 1st right away leaving no room for snipers but getting their points back.

The higher you get the arcs the larger the contribution you can give and the less you will need to put it in swaps.

Once you have the arcs up then you can begin doing the same with other building.

You are correct about protecting yourself from other snipers. That is how I cam up with the figures I did, for the players you are working with is to place their forge points first. Of course they can't sleep on it they would have to get on it right after it was leveled so it would have to be coordinated.

Example of my figures is this;

The total forge point to level the ARC to the next level is 1071, taking that at times it by 35% and 33% so that would be 375 and 353 forge points leaving 343 forge points. Then placing the building on the swap. And like you said until you reach the right level you are not getting them all back yet. Now I can see your point of putting in the swap first and then placing them but again the other snipers out there could beat them too it. If you have 3 members doing it the numbers would be 28,26 and 24%.

DeletedUser

Placing Gb's in swaps after top spots are locked is kinda crappy in my opinion. Thats not a very good friend or guildmate.

Algona

Purely my own personal opinion:

I regard daily FPs as disposable; daiky FP returns are very low on the decision of their use. They are a tool to enavle other goals. Inv FPs are much more valuable, due to greater flexibility and they don't have to be spent, return on Inv FP is the paramount factor in their use.

Depends on your goal. Maximizing Rewards sure seems like a much more difficult proposition due to snipers. Maximizing Arc levels is easier, you can count on snipers helping you. I think long term levelling Arcs faster will more then make up for any short term shortage of Rewards.

If I were in your position I'd have each of three players put some agreed amount of daily FPs on the other two Arcs. Eventually whether or not snipers join the party you reach a point where you can lock positions. Then while that particular Arc is leveled the two players donate the daily FPs to the owner's Traz.

It'll take some patience but once you get the hang of it and as your Arcs level you'll be happy with the results.

The Arcs will level faster. The daily FPs donations allow snipers to help and still provide a steady albeit smaller return of Rewards. The Trazes get a slow steady growth.

I can't give advice on a strategy on working around snipers to maximize Rewards. I turned the problem over to my guild months ago, I've got some pretty smart people in my Guild and we couldn't figure out anything that worked. When we experimented with not fighting snipers, instead helping them, things got a lot easier and the Arcs levelled faster.

Sniper jui-jitsu if you will.

Good luck!

DeletedUser26120

I don't place my GBs in swap threads because I have 5 swapping partners who either take the top spots, or I don't want them pushed out of it.

If you swap you shouldn't post them in public threads really. It's bad both ways, imo.

As for stored fp packs, I agree they are needed - but not until much later. When Arc is around level 20 (meaning your own Arc should be around that level as well, netting you around 40% bonus in rewards) you start using them to lock the #1 spot right away because others will.

On our server I am in 3 way arc swap and ours are at levels 12-13. I have around 1,800 fps stored and want that at 3,000 by time I hit level 20.

After that I can start locking my #1 spots right away. I will lose a little fp each time until my contrib bonus gets up to 50-60% then I'll start banking again. Then it's rinse and repeat.

DeletedUser27849

At what point is the Arc sufficiently leveled to move on to other GBs? Level 60 - 80% boost?

She is saying once the ARC is paying for itself, meaning the reward payout you are getting from it can be used to donate for the next level. It is between level 22 - 27 in there where the break even point is.