• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stuck in Forge Bowl

Lankybrit

Hi,

I think it's Quest 14. Defeat this medium sized Army or solve a Negotiation. I don't have the supplies for the Negotiation, and my army isn't good enough to defeat two waves of top notch Iron Age units. Any tips or advice? I've just got Archery so I'll be able to get Archers now, but any advice for army makeup or anything?

Thanks.

WinnerGR

This is not a BA wait 1 day and your in SAM game , you have to be patient and do what Apollonius 1897 the Sly said or wate until your army is ready . You are in IA and do not understand that you can spend ages on quest and ages because so far it is a very quick game , EMA is going to be a shock for you .

Last edited:

DeletedUser32973

Just keep at it. If you're at archers in the tech tree I think you'll probably be able to finish the quest line with how much time we have left. Just don't age up to EMA (early middle ages) before the event ends. Whenever you want to age up make sure it's between events unless you're very prepared. Also make sure you're using blacksmiths as your production building especially in your age. They're small and they'll complete any event production quests that are thrown at you in Iron Age. I'm not sure what specific medium army you're facing, but 8 archers should take care of it. One last thing that may be controversial, is that you may want to consider abandoning all of your side quests in favor of getting recurring quests going. These repeatable quests are pretty easy in Iron Age to complete and they'll get you some goods that are otherwise sometimes hard to come by.

Agent327

Just keep at it. If you're at archers in the tech tree I think you'll probably be able to finish the quest line with how much time we have left.

What on earth makes you think that? He has 14 days for 42 quests. That means he needs to go faster than he is going now. He is new to the game and facing a two wave army, with limited troops. He will never finish the questline.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Thanks. I'm going to try and get Ballistas and Legionairres before I try again. But, as someone has advised before, don't get to the next age. BTW: I think I'll use a boost from Inventory when I think I have a decent army.
Might help, but more likely won't. Getting enough goods to negotiate through that challenge would be a much better option.

Lankybrit

I'm really wary of the negotiation though. 7 for each. If I don't come in with 45 of each to start, I might be short and lose them all.

DeletedUser41943

Yeah, my first event, I was constantly running out of goods.

This might help:
-Forget ballista and legionnaires for the moment; just stick with archers. They're good, and you don't have the space or resources to build everything.
-Instead of trying to rush military tech, build two or three of each goods building you have a deposit for. If you do two 8-hour and one 4-hour cycle per day on each, you can get 100-150 goods per day and start trading for the others.
-That plus a few archers towers should help get you on your feet.
-Make sure you have enough production buildings going to support all that.
-To that end, get all your residential buildings to cottages as quickly as you can so that you have the population for all those buildings.

I'm really wary of the negotiation though. 7 for each. If I don't come in with 45 of each to start, I might be short and lose them all.

Agent327

Yeah, my first event, I was constantly running out of goods.

This might help:
-Forget ballista and legionnaires for the moment; just stick with archers. They're good, and you don't have the space or resources to build everything.

That will be no help at all and is rather useless advise. Archers don't strike back, get killed easily and on a two wave battle that is not something you want.

DeletedUser41943

The general point was that it's easier to build up good negotiating position fast than to build up a flexible army fast, especially without GBs with fighting bonus.

That will be no help at all and is rather useless advise. Archers don't strike back, get killed easily and on a two wave battle that is not something you want.

Algona

The general point was that it's easier to build up good negotiating position fast than to build up a flexible army fast, especially without GBs with fighting bonus.

Seems game play triumphed over game theory:

Hey everyone. Thanks. I got it done with 2 Soldiers and 6 Archers + a boost from the Tavern. Now past that on all three worlds I play on.

Congratulations! Best of luck the rest of the Event. Somehow I get the feeling with your 'can-do' attitude you are going to do well at this game.

DeletedUser32973

What on earth makes you think that? He has 14 days for 42 quests. That means he needs to go faster than he is going now. He is new to the game and facing a two wave army, with limited troops. He will never finish the questline.

I'm basing it on what I'm capable of /shrug. I just started on my diamond farms and caught up from quest 0 to the current quest in less than 24 hours. Now yes, they have a stock of coins and supplies to rush some quests, but it's easily doable imo. He'd probably need some help with circle trades at some point though.