• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Suggestion.. for Guilds

Panne

I would like to be able to see which Guild members are online - if there could be a section in the Guild chat area that lit up or said "online" then that would be a good visual for members.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny B. Goode

I would like to be able to see which Guild members are online - if there could be a section in the Guild chat area that lit up or said "online" then that would be a good visual for members.
This has been suggested/proposed many times, and there is a significant portion of the player base who do not wish to have an indicator telling other players when they are online. Reasons vary, but privacy is the main one.

John16309

I can understand the privacy issues, but for some parts of the game (GBG, GVG? and GB contributions, especially in sweet spots) I can see where it would be a big help to see who in the guild is online to coordinate efforts.
This is the least "social" social game I have played in years; it took me a while to get used to the lack of chitchat within the guilds and overall lack of responsiveness to messages sent to friends and neighbors.

Algona

Aside from:

Seems like a sweet tool for spies in your Guild.

and

It's none of your business when I am on. If you want or need my help with something I expect you to extend me the courtesy of asking me in advance.

I can understand the privacy issues, but for some parts of the game (GBG, GVG? and GB contributions, especially in sweet spots) I can see where it would be a big help to see who in the guild is online to coordinate efforts.

You see a bunch of Guildies are OL and what?

You still have to message them to ask them to do whatever it is you want them to do.

All knowing they were online will do is frustrate you and prolly generate a lot of 'You were on, why didn't you respond / help?' messages.

While you may or may not send that message, you're sure to think the question.

Nothing good will come of that because even if they answered (would you? The 10th time you were asked?) you'll never really know if they were purposefully ignoring you or there was a legitimate reason to not help you.

Save yourself and others the angst. Stick with coordinating the way you do now, sending out a message asking who's online and can help.

CommanderCool1234

You could just send a message in the guild thread saying "is anyone on now to help out with GbG, GvG or GE?"

This is the least "social" social game I have played in years; it took me a while to get used to the lack of chitchat within the guilds and overall lack of responsiveness to messages sent to friends and neighbors.
I strongly disagree but you are intitled to your own opinion, this is a very social game you just have to find a good active guild.

Algona

Separate topic, so separate reply.

If you're spamming Friends and hoodies of course they aren't responding. I boot Friends who spam. Hoodies get it worse. Attack, plinder, and if they are especially weak (high correlation between hood spammers and awful city defence) point out in thier spam thread that they have a bad defence.

Is it possible that folk in your Guild have little interest in what you want to talk about? Maybe you need to put the 'fun' in Fungus Amongus?

Kranyar the Mysterious

Terrible idea for the reasons given by Algona, and one that would get me to immediately quit the game.

The1Reaper

They will most likley will never add it as Inno has to follow strict privacy laws, and they stick to not breaking those laws like gorilla glue!