• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer 2020 Feedback

DeletedUser36145

Sunken treasure is a very good prize. Only reason I didn't go for them is that I have 12 placed in the city and nearly as much in inventory.

-Chen-

simple fix: discipline yourself, and only spin the wheel when you have a chance to get a prize you consider good. Let your neighbors get the junk.
for example, in the Archaeology event, if you were seeking the Worlds Fair, wouldn't it make most sense to only use your tools when the worlds Fair was a prize option? why waste your tools on the store building item? this seems obvious to everyone in an event where there are Daily specials, but people seemed to miss it here.

And btw, sunken treasure is generally considered a good building. If there were no CN or sentinel outpost, I would have targeted sunken treasures.
I see you lecture people about this a lot, but I was very disciplined in both this and the soccer event, which are the only two I've played thus far, it's why I was able to get multiple fully leveled Villa's and CN's. It also happens to be irrelevant to what IMO were the issues with this event.
As I was constantly checking in and seeing other people refresh the wheel a great deal, and obviously had to spin the wheel myself (regardless of when I did it,) I saw first hand what I think were the problems with it., and how it could be improved in the future. Which, if I'm not mistaken is the whole point of this thread.

-Chen-

Sunken treasure is a very good prize. Only reason I didn't go for them is that I have 12 placed in the city and nearly as much in inventory.

My mistake, I went back and looked it up, since I had already sold mine to the AD, and I must have confused it with one of the others that has a bigger footprint.
Still doesn't really appeal to me at all, which is why I sold it, but in this case it falls more under personal preference, rather than being junk outright.

Nicholas002

I see you lecture people about this a lot, but I was very disciplined in both this and the soccer event, which are the only two I've played thus far, it's why I was able to get multiple fully leveled Villa's and CN's. It also happens to be irrelevant to what IMO were the issues with this event.
As I was constantly checking in and seeing other people refresh the wheel a great deal, and obviously had to spin the wheel myself (regardless of when I did it,) I saw first hand what I think were the problems with it., and how it could be improved in the future. Which, if I'm not mistaken is the whole point of this thread.
OK, fair enough. just as long sake you aren't complaining for the sake of complaining lol

Nicholas002

Oh bugger! I knew it was too good to be true. I'm up to Quest 53 and I just saw the next two grand prizes on the Map. They're medals and a Gov Villa Lvl 1. I have to travel to where X marks the spot three times to receive the grand prize for the Villa upgrade, if it even shows up again. I think me compass is broken because I'm only travelin' 1 league on the Map, each time.

I was so hopin' to win all the upgrades but it's startin' to look like you need to spend diamonds. If that's the case, this is the last event fer me. It's too frustratin' to know you spent days on this event only to find out at the end you won't get the final upgrade.

View attachment 16696
I am at nearly exactly the same place as you on the map.
If you finish the quests, that will be the last upgrade you need from the map.
there are 10 more doubloons to get, so unless you get 1 on almost all of them, you should finish.

-Chen-

OK, fair enough. just as long sake you aren't complaining for the sake of complaining lol
Nah, not my thing.
I'm good with people feeling the need to vent once and a while, and certainly not above it myself, but I find constant negativity and the people who seem to thrive on it to be annoying as well.

DeletedUser

The main prizes on the wheel are crap. And why does the same one frequently come up multiple times in a row? I had 29 doubloons on a Diamond farm world and just used them, refreshing the wheel each time in search of the Wishing Well. NEVER. CAME. UP. The worthless Guard Post selection kit came up over half a dozen times, including three times in a row, however. Glad I didn't waste any time pursuing more doubloons on most worlds.

Nicholas002

thank you INNO for an awesome event!

The prizes were very good.
I got 13 Crow's nest selection kits, leaving me only 3 more to get from the AD (or my remaining 10 doubloons) to finish 2 CN's.
I also managed to sell 20 doubloons on the black market for 1,000 FP (yes, that's one thousand).
I will finish the Governors villa as well, which is a very good building.

Looking forward to the next event!

ScreamingZiva

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to finish the Governor's Villa without spending diamonds. I have used all of my doubloons and I am this far from the last upgrade I will need:

1597416153940.png

If I'm counting right, I will only get 9 more doubloons (maybe 10?). I need to move my ship 26 more spaces which is going to make it very very close (average 2.6 spaces per compass). I've also collected all of my incidents daily and haven't seen a single doubloon from them. Can you even get doubloons from them? I understand events like the Soccer event where you have to choose the best players for max benefit but this is pure luck if your ship is going to move 1, 2, or 3 spaces from a compass.

DeletedUser

The main prizes on the wheel are crap. And why does the same one frequently come up multiple times in a row? I had 29 doubloons on a Diamond farm world and just used them, refreshing the wheel each time in search of the Wishing Well. NEVER. CAME. UP. The worthless Guard Post selection kit came up over half a dozen times, including three times in a row, however. Glad I didn't waste any time pursuing more doubloons on most worlds.
So after going for Wishing Wells on multiple Diamond farms with a total of well over 100 Doubloons, refreshing the wheel each time, it came up as the main prize exactly once. I got lots of boost bottles and decorations to sell at the AD, so I guess it wasn't a total loss. (WWs come up very infrequently there, too.)

Jern2017

So after going for Wishing Wells on multiple Diamond farms with a total of well over 100 Doubloons, refreshing the wheel each time, it came up as the main prize exactly once. I got lots of boost bottles and decorations to sell at the AD, so I guess it wasn't a total loss. (WWs come up very infrequently there, too.)

I was lucky and have gotten four WWs and three Shrink Kits so far.

Agent327

My mistake, I went back and looked it up, since I had already sold mine to the AD, and I must have confused it with one of the others that has a bigger footprint.
Still doesn't really appeal to me at all, which is why I sold it, but in this case it falls more under personal preference, rather than being junk outright.

Everything you mention falls under personal preference, including what you love to call junk or garbage. You want to replace half of the things like the guard posts and store buildings with renovation and one up kits. I don't. I am in SAAB and have 121 renokits. Do you really think I want more. Your junk is my treassure, so everything is personal preference and because of that the content on the wheel is balanced.

-Chen-

Everything you mention falls under personal preference, including what you love to call junk or garbage. You want to replace half of the things like the guard posts and store buildings with renovation and one up kits. I don't. I am in SAAB and have 121 renokits. Do you really think I want more. Your junk is my treassure, so everything is personal preference and because of that the content on the wheel is balanced.

As I said in my first post, many things fall into the category of one persons junk is another's treasure, but I've yet to see anyone complain about too many renno kits, or that they thought the 10% coin supply boosts were a nice 'reward,' whereas I've seen most say they were garbage, same with the guard posts, though my personal complaint with them was being the top reward on the wheel. I probably wouldn't have even thought to bring them up if they were a secondary reward. I'll also make a guess that the vast majority of players are nowhere near SAAB, so your situation is likely to be more unique than the vast majority of people playing.

At the end of the day though, you're far more experienced with this game than I, so I'll ask you, do you think everything with this event was great, and just as it should be, or do you think some things could be tweaked to make it even more enjoyable to the players, or should we all just be perfectly happy with how it was? I purposely included the word "more" enjoyable, because as I also said in my first post, I am very happy with the final results as at winds down.

Agent327

At the end of the day though, you're far more experienced with this game than I, so I'll ask you, do you think everything with this event was great, and just as it should be, or do you think some things could be tweaked to make it even more enjoyable to the players, or should we all just be perfectly happy with how it was? I purposely included the word "more" enjoyable, because as I also said in my first post, I am very happy with the final results as at winds down.

Yes I do. Like in every other event, I plan what I want and patiently wait for the right opportunities. Since different players enjoy different things tweaking it is an illusion. It is impossible to please everybody. It is up to you to get the best out of it you can. Most players lack patience and complain. Every event has two mayor things. The Main Prize and the Grand Prizes. Rush one and you will miss out on the other most of the time. Nothing wrong with this event. There are better, there are worse. Events you take as they are and make the best of it.

Jern2017

While it makes sense that the more popular rewards, like Renovation Kits and FPs are harder to win (I can't name one event where I got more "good" rewards than "junk" rewards like Coin Boosts and decorations, so this event isn't worse in this specific aspect), I really dislike the refreshing wheel mechanic, as it can be challenging to focus on a specific reward you want. Also, even the better rewards on the wheel seem to be not as good as in some other events.

-Chen-

Yes I do. Like in every other event, I plan what I want and patiently wait for the right opportunities. Since different players enjoy different things tweaking it is an illusion. It is impossible to please everybody. It is up to you to get the best out of it you can. Most players lack patience and complain. Every event has two mayor things. The Main Prize and the Grand Prizes. Rush one and you will miss out on the other most of the time. Nothing wrong with this event. There are better, there are worse. Events you take as they are and make the best of it.

We'll have to agree to disagree on tweaking things to make them better being an "illusion," otherwise what would even be the point of things like product testing, Beta, market research, or feedback threads?
Speaking of the latter, I think most people would call what you label as complaining to fall under feedback, especially when it follows compliments about what they liked, unless of course, I missed the part where INNO asked for positive feedback only in their feedback threads.

Lady Gato

Ok I did, this event on beta then on live. I loved it on beta as I just spent my doubloons when I saw something on the wheel that I liked and I usually got it in 1-3 spins. There was a lot that I liked as I had a new city so I got some shrines, wishing wells, 1 sunken treasure, a ship, a ship upgrade, and some assorted other nice things. I traveled across the maps several times, usually getting 2-3 on sailing for each compass and ended up with a fully upgraded villa and the beginning of a 2nd villa. I bought a couple of doubloons on the few spins that I ran out of doubloons before getting my desired prize. Loved the event. However on the live server, I followed @Nicholas002 ' advice (and a few other players as weotll) about hoarding the doubloons for 1-2 specific prizes. Using this method I only got 2 of the crow's nest even though it popped up several times for me. I kept spinning and losing 11 doubloons or more and getting crappy prizes like supplies and coins and tiki statues. I also have traveled across the map fewer times as I kept getting 1s and some 2s on my sailings. As a result, I might get my villa upgraded to 7 (I am counting the upgrade I get for finishing the whole event). I know some of this is due to my bad luck. But where are the better wheel prizes that were there in beta? Did you guys change the wheel and the compass chances from beta to live? I have not pulled out my card because I don't believe that I will do any better by throwing $ at this event.

Agent327

Ok I did, this event on beta then on live. I loved it on beta as I just spent my doubloons when I saw something on the wheel that I liked and I usually got it in 1-3 spins. There was a lot that I liked as I had a new city so I got some shrines, wishing wells, 1 sunken treasure, a ship, a ship upgrade, and some assorted other nice things. I traveled across the maps several times, usually getting 2-3 on sailing for each compass and ended up with a fully upgraded villa and the beginning of a 2nd villa. I bought a couple of doubloons on the few spins that I ran out of doubloons before getting my desired prize. Loved the event. However on the live server, I followed @Nicholas002 ' advice (and a few other players as weotll) about hoarding the doubloons for 1-2 specific prizes. Using this method I only got 2 of the crow's nest even though it popped up several times for me. I kept spinning and losing 11 doubloons or more and getting crappy prizes like supplies and coins and tiki statues. I also have traveled across the map fewer times as I kept getting 1s and some 2s on my sailings. As a result, I might get my villa upgraded to 7 (I am counting the upgrade I get for finishing the whole event). I know some of this is due to my bad luck. But where are the better wheel prizes that were there in beta? Did you guys change the wheel and the compass chances from beta to live? I have not pulled out my card because I don't believe that I will do any better by throwing $ at this event.

Nothing was changed. You look at it in the wrong way. What it comes down to is that you are playing on two worlds. On one world you are lucky. On the other not. Players that play multiple worlds get this all the time.