• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer 2020 Feedback

Agent327

LOL I have been agentized. But I still stand by my feedback and since this a feedback thread . . .

No reason why you should not stand by it.

On my main I went for the Crow's Nest. Got them in 3-4 for tries or less in every attempt. On my other worlds I want Wishing Wells. Can't even get them in 10 tries. Am out of doubloons, spend diamonds and after that I hit them in 2. Now I can come to all sort of conclusions based on that, but in the end it is just luck.

Iroh the Tea Maker

Please explain to me how some FoE players won the final upgrade (level 9) without spendin' diamonds. Was it just bein' lucky? If that's the case, I should stop playin' events if it's run like a slot machine.

I mean....the game uses RNG all over the place. GE, GbG, blueprints, quests and daily challenges. It's all slot machines. But the RNG I guess is important for the developers to keep control/balance. (Eg. only 10% of the players would get xx doubloons, etc..). So I am not sure what about this event you find particularly unacceptable.

Not going for a debate, but saying that it is a game of chances. And if you start a new city and play you will see how the chances completely dictate how that city would develop totally different from your first one.

RazorbackPirate

I wonder if I did somethin' wrong. I have no more doubloons until I finish Quest 53. Two more quests to go so I'll only have 4 doubloons. What happened to the Villa upgrade? Me ship's probably gonna make it half way to the top of the map but I still would have to pick up medals & a Villa lvl 1 before I can try fer the Villa upgrade. In 2 days, I'll be sendin' out a Mayday so me crew can be rescued. I'll just go down with me ship.
You've done nothing wrong. You don't need another upgrade from sailing your ship, the last upgrade you need will come from completing the last quest. The Governor will get the last upgrade he needs. Keep those Pirates well lubricated and all will be well in that neck of the woods.

DeletedUser31499

I had 21 compass spins to move 38 squares to get a completed Villa. So averaging a 2 would get the job done. I can now say I have 6 more spins coming and need to move the ship 6 more spaces. So assuming I do the 2 remaining event quests I will complete the villa with the last quest reward and the 6 compass spins. It’s dialed in. I said a few days ago that I think the game knows how many moved you need and how many spins you need and the programming makes it happen. I had way to many 1 compass spins early on but the last 2 days I saw a lot of 2 and 3 spins.

RazorbackPirate

I've got 8 Doubloons and 4 more spaces to go, so for me, it's in the bag. I'm holding onto them until I see Ship upgrades, which unfortunately, have been few and far between.

Agent327

I have said it before, but I guess I have to say it again. This is a feedback thread, not a chat. Feedback from this thread will be forwarded to the devs. Having to go through multiple pages of chat might result in relevant feedback being missed.

WinnerGR

I thought they said pn Beta they had made it possible to get a maxed out villa however I don't think I will be getting one :

I need 2 more upgrades for the gov.villa , one of them will come from tomorrow's daily quest however I am not sure how I am getting the other one as tomorrow I will receive 3 more doublons ( 2 from daily one from logging in ) that would should give me 6 league advancements however I need 18 !

Whats even worse is on top of all of this I got 3 extra doublons from incidents.

t doesn't seem lke I will be maxxing this one out.

67Sage101

I wish I knew this event required all activity in my city to pause. No GE, no GBG, no expanding territory, no building any building....just put your city on pause for three weeks so that you can be ready for every hurdle they throw in your path to get doubloons and finish the quest line for that juicy governors villa level 9.

The worst quest events were ones that I had just completed. I expanded my territories and then the next quest says expand two territories. FUC!!#$!# I just did that.
collect 20000 coins.....#$!#$!#$ I just did that for the day, now I have to wait for hours.

in short the quest line should have provided a skip button so you can move on to the next activity or rotate the activity wheel to a quest your ready for. Finish 12 1 hour productions. Ok stop my current productions and start all new 1 hour ones. Ugh. Finally got through it though...Gees.

Graviton

I wish I knew this event required all activity in my city to pause. No GE, no GBG, no expanding territory, no building any building....just put your city on pause for three weeks so that you can be ready for every hurdle they throw in your path ...

That's what I do for every Event. Now you know.

Nicholas002

I wish I knew this event required all activity in my city to pause. No GE, no GBG, no expanding territory, no building any building....just put your city on pause for three weeks so that you can be ready for every hurdle they throw in your path to get doubloons and finish the quest line for that juicy governors villa level 9.

The worst quest events were ones that I had just completed. I expanded my territories and then the next quest says expand two territories. FUC!!#$!# I just did that.
collect 20000 coins.....#$!#$!#$ I just did that for the day, now I have to wait for hours.

in short the quest line should have provided a skip button so you can move on to the next activity or rotate the activity wheel to a quest your ready for. Finish 12 1 hour productions. Ok stop my current productions and start all new 1 hour ones. Ugh. Finally got through it though...Gees.
some tips and tricks for events that I learned from other players or from my experience:
  • collect coins/supplies: build and sell buildings esp. from inventory. Do GE. do UBQ. use coin/supply rushes.
  • defeat units: if you are not a strong fighter, use 8 artillery in a fight with slow units. then kill some, and retreat without taking losses, and repeat till the quest is complete.
  • recruit units: do GE. every 4th encounter rewards units.
  • gain population: build and sell barracks (archers are 2x2 with ~ 105 population)
  • gain happiness: redo your roads, or build and delete memorial decorations (fast and free)
  • make enthusiastic: use tavern boost
  • mopo/taverns/incidents/AD: don't aid, sit in taverns, collect tavern, collect incidents, or collect AD items until a quest requires it.
  • finish productions: use blacksmiths, plan ahead with spoilers, use supply rushes/ finish production items
  • gather goods: do circle trades with guild, or look in the market for guild trades you can take.
  • conquer sectors: there's always an alternative for this one, but in general, don't get too far ahead on the c-map, so you have something to conquer in events.
  • defeat army: (always alternative) use tavern boosts and potions, and save rogues for events, if you don't have traz.
note: I do not endorse or use all these methods. They are just different ways some players could speed up getting through the quest-line.
hope this helps!

Graviton

Great tips, Nicholas! I'll supplement a couple of them.

• collect coins/supplies: build and sell buildings esp. from inventory. Do GE. do UBQ. use coin/supply rushes.
Not just UBQ but any recurring quest that gives coins/supplies. Do the quest but don't collect the prize until it lines up with an Event quest.

recruit units: do GE. every 4th encounter rewards units.

If you have a Traz, leave it uncollected until a recruit event task comes up. If you have barracks, delete a unit and produce one but leave it similarly uncollected.

gather goods: do circle trades with guild, or look in the market for guild trades you can take.

Also, time your 24-hour city collection for right after a new Event quest comes up, that way if it's "Collect goods" or even collecting supplies/coins your normal collection routine takes care of it. That might not be possible depending on your time zone, and you could risk having some buildings plundered.

All of these boil down to: if you want to accomplish Event tasks most efficiently, plan ahead.

RazorbackPirate

I put nothing on pause. I completed all 4 levels of GE and maxed out what I can do in GBG everyday. I completed most of the production quests with Blacksmiths, all gather coins, supplies, and goods quests spinning RQs, most while adding to guild member's GBs. 24 hour quests were completed with Sunken Treasures, Sleigh Builders, Terrace Farms, or Cider Mills, which are on 24 hour productions anyway. All Unit quests completed from GE or GBG rewards. I did nothing on the C-Map, I did the alternative.

Events are always a non-issue for me, I just do what I do everyday anyway, letting the the quests guide the order. I understand you're new, but it's easy to build a city for events. Now that you know how quests work and the tasks involved, you know how to build out your city accordingly.

UBERhelp1

Hmm... this event came down to it for me. I am going to barely secure a level 9 villa on my main, after getting a decent amount of doubloons from incidents, completing all quests daily, and using the email doubloons. Not sure that I like that. Closest I've ever come to a non-fully leveled event building since playing my main.

With that said though, the event was ok overall. Nothing outstanding, but nothing horrible either.

Ralthor121

Overall thoughts:

• Event play was boring. Maybe for others this was nice / more relaxed (and I'll admit I am weird. I like the St. Patrick's day event ;))
  • Governor's Villa is awesome. Gorgeous and super useful. I love it. Thanks! Minor gripe, but it is not really at all clear how a Governor's villa plays into a pirate theme....
  • It would have been helpful to know at the start of the event that Crow's Nest selection kits would be added to the AD. I would have gone for them more
  • I love the parrots in the city

ScreamingZiva

Here is where I ended up after finishing the final quest:

1597669820567.png

I had to buy six more spins to get my last upgrade. I collected all of my incidents every day and didn't get a single doubloon from them. Event buildings that rely on RNG (compass movement and incidents) are a horrible idea.

DeletedUser

Another blah event. At least it didn't have the stupid leagues, which are solely designed to reward the whales who play.

Just An Observer

Wound up collecting 3 doubloons as Incidents. That number should have taken place in a day based on how many showed up for previous special events going back to March.

DeletedUser31499

The last 5 days I didn’t see even one sentinel outpost or upgrade on the wheel. Got off to a good start at the very beginning of the event. Got 5 of them with maybe spending 20 doubloons. After that my luck dried up and only got 2 more with the rest of the 80 doubloons in the event. I have 3 doubloons left and I guarantee the minute I spend them... sentinel outposts will start falling off the wheel like there is no tomorrow. Come to think of it for this event... there is no tomorrow.

To the poster above me... I found only 2 doubloons in my city... and I looked hard for them.